shape
carat
color
clarity

Some good news...

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
BF has told me recently that he is pretty sure he wants us to get married next spring, around April 2011. I explained to him that that is about 10 months from now, and that if he''s still planning to be engaged for about 6 months, that means he''ll propose in the next 4 months or so. He sort of shrugged that off. He has told me he definitely wants me to pick out everything I want about the ring, and as of now he doesn''t know ANYthing I want, so I know he''s not working on this on his own and planning to surprise me. We had looked at rings online a little together a few months ago, but he told me that he wasn''t ready to buy one and didn''t understand the point of seriously looking at rings at that point, so we stopped. (He knows I still look, but not with him.)

I broke down this weekend. I brought it up again and told him pretty much everything that is on my mind. Namely, that I''m frustrated he has been procrastinating so much lately about so many things in our lives, including this. I told him I''m afraid he''ll procrastinate on buying a ring until it''s too late for us to be comfortable with getting married next spring, and then he''ll want to wait till the NEXT spring because he wants it to be springtime. Or the next spring, or spring of who knows what year. He really listened to what I was saying and he understood why I am frustrated... and after telling me some of what''s been on his mind, he said he wants to go look at rings!

When he said that, I flat-out said no. (
6.gif
) (Be proud of me, LIWs, because the little devil on my shoulder told me to just say ''okay!'' and end the conversation there.) I told him I don''t want him to look at rings just to try to de-stress me or anything like that. And I made it clear that I don''t want him proposing before he is ready, even though I am impatient. He said he really does want to go look, and that he does want to get things started as far as getting married is concerned. He wants to look in person to get an idea of what we like on my hand.

We''ll probably go look within the next couple weeks. I''m so excited, ladies!!!!
9.gif
I know it''s just baby steps, but it''s something!
10.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
That is great news. I don''t even really think that''s a baby step (though it may seem that way to you). Looking at rings and seriously discussing timelines is a big step in my book.

I can''t wait to hear what style you decide on!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Exciting news Crossmyfingers!

I hope you and your BF have tons of fun trying on rings. Be prepaired to be surprised by what you like. Go to lots of places and have fun.

When I went I found the sales people were tons more helpful when I went with my BF and told them I was just looking to get a feel for what I liked, but then also asked for their business card. Some sales people even wrote certain ring stats on the back of the card and then I could compare value with rocks on PS.

Yay!!! I''m happy for you and this baby step.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh! That''s so exciting! Have lots of fun while you are shopping and enjoy every minute of it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results