shape
carat
color
clarity

So what do you do when....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
You know that your birthday or some other special occaision is coming up and you can''t help but wonder.......
ARRRRRGH the torture! I keep trying to tell myself not to expect anything lest I end up deflated! But I just can''t keep my imagination from wandering....

How do you ladies do it?

My birthday this coming Friday and I know he took Fridays off (6 weeks in advance, rotation changes every 6 weeks) cause of my b-day, but I really, really don''t want to get my hopes up....
20.gif

Sigh... any ideas on how to distract myself?

33.gif

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
lol, i wish i could help you but i just can''t help but hope. i''m sure your birthday will be wonderful, try to focus on the good!! *dust*

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Every time I see my boyfriend (about every other weekend while we''re temporary in a long distance relationship) I always wonder that question. I had my birthday a month ago and it was definitely on my mind, and I was really disappointed because I didn''t even get a card or anything from him because he was away and too busy working to go shopping (we did go out to dinner, so he did acknowledge it). I''m hoping that he''s saving up his money and the ring will come soon. I hope your birthday turns out to be a lot better than mine. Good Luck!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
*UPDATE*

** now I''m not sure sure I''ll be getting my ring on b-day. So I''m showing FF some pears today that I really liked (kinda just to feel him out) And he''s all, "well I don''t like it, and I will NOT put my thousands of dollars into something that I don''t like" and stares at me awaiting my respsonse with a half smirk on his face.

So I''m like, "are you kidding me? Aren''t I the one who has to wear it the rest of my life"

And he''s like, "well it''s too bad, I aint buying it". Now, knowing him, that means he either already bought my precious princess or he is already workign with our jeweler to source it, and it''s too later either way....

Hmmmm... da da da dummmmm, the adventure continues..... sigh

HappyCat

Rough_Rock
Hiya Sparkly,

Totally understand what you''re going through! My B-day is on Thursday (we''re almost twins...I think we''ve had this conversation before
2.gif
). Not expecting anything, because I know he''s not the type to propose on a holiday, but there''s always that little inkling of hope. But in any case, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I''m sure you''ll have an amazing day (even without a proposal!).

~HappyCat

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
not to sound like a snot, but i would kinda be hoping that he didnt give it to me on my b-day. that way i will get a gift AND the ring.
11.gif
or you could just think about something else that you are excited about. so that way you are looking forward to something else and ring or no ring you will have a happy b-day.

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 5:33:18 PM
Author: HappyCat
Hiya Sparkly,

Totally understand what you''re going through! My B-day is on Thursday (we''re almost twins...I think we''ve had this conversation before
2.gif
). Not expecting anything, because I know he''s not the type to propose on a holiday, but there''s always that little inkling of hope. But in any case, I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I''m sure you''ll have an amazing day (even without a proposal!).

~HappyCat
Hey Happycat! I think we ARE LIW twins
19.gif
I plan to have wonderful birthday regardless, and I hope you do too! I''m looking forward to just spending some quality romantic time with him, ring or no ring. It''s funny how the mind does play tricks on you though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results