shape
carat
color
clarity

Smurfy''s Pic Post and Story (because I like to take up the whole forum, haha)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Here's how he did it :)
He asked me to set up the scrabble board game and when I opened it up he had glued the tiles so it would say "Will you marry me?" After that I flew at him and kissed him and then said "oh I should tell you my answer, yes!!!" He said he had more he wanted to spell out but he ran out of letters lol :) Then we called all our family and friends and then we were REALLY hungry so we went out to eat and I decided I wanted our wedding cake to be made of canollis because the ones we had were sooooo good haha. Then We went and bought some romantic comedies to add to our movie collection and got some sour apple champagne (soooooo good) and came home and watched a movie and then called it a night :) It was very us and more than I could have hoped for. I'm so excited to see his family this weekend and my family and my friends!!!! Ok, on to the pictures... I tried to get one with some flash but I couldn't make my camera pull it off, but I can assure you it was sparkling like mad at the restaurant and I couldn't stop looking at it...in fact I STILL can't stop looking at it lol

The Scrabble Board

smurfysengagement1.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfysengagement2.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfysengagement3.jpg

Booper717

Shiny_Rock
How cute!! Now you get to save the scrabble board forever!!

Again beautiful ring!!!

Congrats!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfysengagementring4.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
About time you gave us this story girl! Congrats on your engagement! I was so happy to log in this morning and see your I''M ENGAGED!! thread!
36.gif
36.gif

Have fun packing up with your new FI and starting the new chapter out in Colorado.

Does this mean you have to get a new Scrabble board since he glued the letters to that one? What a cute keepsake of your engagement if they''re permanently glued.
30.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love the scrabble board! If I were you, I''d get it framed up and hang it on the wall of our new home...
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock

smurfysengagement5.jpg

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
love it!! sooo sweet!

what are the ring specs, girl?!?! (or did i miss them in another thread
33.gif
)

it''s gorgeous!!
30.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Pepper kept walking in front of the camera and ruining my pictures so I made him take a picture with the ring, as you can see he is less than thrilled lol

smurfysengagement6.jpg

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Great story!! You made us wait for it for long enough!!!
Congrats again...I''m so happy for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I forgot to put the specs up, I had them in another thread but I''ll post them again :)
18kt White Gold 5/8ct TW Round Diamond Engagement Ring, GIA® Graded
31 accent diamonds that are 1/4 ct each
in other words
its really shiny and i likey :)

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
SO cute. I love it, and I love that the tiles are glued there forever! The ring is gorgeous, too. Congrats!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Its very pretty...

But I think you meant 1/4cttw in the accent diamonds, otherwise all 31 would equal a whopping 7.75 carats.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I think you are right italia, I think I meant that altogether it is 1/4 ct lol, it was hard to tell on the website :)

CellarDoor

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 12:44:45 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
Sorry I forgot to put the specs up, I had them in another thread but I''ll post them again :)
in other words
Are you OK with the diamonds? I remember about five months ago that you posted that you had moral problems with diamonds and that you wanted moissanite, maybe that was a different person though.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 12:44:45 PM

in other words

It does look sparkly and beautiful. Congrats again!

Can you check out the GIA certificate and give us the rest of the specs? The cert will probably have information about the center stone only, since the melee (accent diamonds) is generally not graded.

As Italia pointed out, it would not make for a very delicate ring if the accent diamonds were 1/4 ct each! Can you link to the website you were looking at?

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations! Very sweet engagement too, I love board games
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Yes I am ok with the diamonds not being moissanite because the jewelry store had some guarantee that the diamonds were mined ethically (to be honest I only heard part of the conversation because I was so taken by the ring but I was sort of listening). Here''s the link to the ring''s specs. I believe FI has the certificate with all his other records, I didn''t ask to see it because it wasn''t the first thing on my mind haha

http://www.helzberg.com/product/jewelry/rings/engagement/5-8ct+tw+diamond+engagement+ring%2C+gia+graded+1656407.do?sortby=ourPicks

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I guess all the dust worked, yay!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I was so busy at work today that I didn''t really get a chance to be on PS
8.gif
I was looking at BWW, and all of a sudden there was your post with a link to LIW - I couldn''t get there fast enough - I was so excited for you!

Congratulations on a gorgeous ring and a beautiful proposal.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Yay!

I had a sneaky suspicion when you first met this one that you wouldn''t be a LIW for long!

So happy for you - and love the scrabble board! Are you going to frame it?

We''ve had to buy a new one as I don''t want to move the letters and design on my proposal board - they''ve been there nearly 2 years now
20.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I think I am going to find a frame or maybe a shadowbox would look neater? I''ll have to think about it and keep my cat away from it in the mean time (he LOVES to play with scrabble tiles lol)

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, he was creative!! I''d definitely get that framed or something! And what a beautiful ring!

CONGRATS again!!

LiveLaughLove4

Rough_Rock
CONGRATS !!! The ring is beautiful !
9.gif
9.gif

ezsbella

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is very beautiful and you look and sound so happy!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 3:12:26 PM
Yes I am ok with the diamonds not being moissanite because the jewelry store had some guarantee that the diamonds were mined ethically (to be honest I only heard part of the conversation because I was so taken by the ring but I was sort of listening). Here''s the link to the ring''s specs. I believe FI has the certificate with all his other records, I didn''t ask to see it because it wasn''t the first thing on my mind haha

http://www.helzberg.com/product/jewelry/rings/engagement/5-8ct+tw+diamond+engagement+ring%2C+gia+graded+1656407.do?sortby=ourPicks

Several of my friends got helzberg erings...and they have lovely diamonds. Congratulations again, its very lovely.

From what I got off the website, the total carat weight--including the center stone is 5/8...the center RB is 3/8, and the lil'' twinkles are 1/4 cttw.

It really does sparkle...good choice!

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
My fiance proposed about three weeks ago in the same way. We played scrabble on our first date so that''s why he chose to do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results