shape
carat
color
clarity

Shapes and Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
My favorite shape has pretty much always been a square for diamonds... haven''t really ever liked rounds. So I told BF that I wanted square... then after looking on here decided I wanted a square with "clipped" corners. A couple days ago I tried a couple on and I like the square but I like the round too... but I still can''t get past that I''m not crazy about rounds. Both looked pretty good to me.

So... would it be safe to assume that since I like how squares look and how rounds look that I would like the squared cushions? I know I like the look of them what I mean is could I assume they would look good on me?

Who knows maybe I just like sparkly things no matter what the shape!
3.gif

Hoping&Waiting

Rough_Rock
Best bet is always to try it on! as I mentioned in my post today....the ring (size, shape..etc) I love is the one I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS would think that I would like....TRY IT ON! Better safe then sorry :) You have to wear it forever, so its best to know what shapes you love and look great on you!

mirre

Shiny_Rock
So... I will be needing to make a trip to a jeweller
27.gif

So... what if I can''t decide what looks best or what I like best... do I just get to be lucky and say everything looks good! And tell him to pick whatever he wants to pick? lol...

Ah... I know... I can get one of each shape!!!
9.gif
(Kidding... that would be nice though! Not one engagement ring of each shape just plain rings!)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I always thought i liked cushions until i tried one on in a setting. The cushion was very square but the prongs and everything made it look roundish. I was sad... but now I have an asscher! I think if it had been a larger cushion (maybe 2 carats) then i wouldn''t have felt the same way.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I was in your shoes pre-engagement ring search. I never, ever, ever, ever wanted a round. During that time I flip-flopped between cushions, princesses, emerald cuts, you name it. But guess what? I ended up with a round and I love it!! Especially for an engagement ring. I do plan however, to indulge my non-round jones with a right hand ring in the future. Like others have said, your best bet is try some different shapes and see what grabs you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results