shape
carat
color
clarity

see you later, alligator!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
After a wonderful weekend, I came home from our trip to New Orleans with a fiancé! For logistical reasons we've been wedding planning for about a month now, so I've felt engaged for a while, but we decided we wouldn't make it official to everyone else until there was a ring. But it was ready Friday morning (our awesome jeweler having moved up the production timetable), so we swung by on the way to the airport and picked it up!

The engagement story itself is almost ridiculously unromantic, but so very very classically us. He had planned on proposing Friday night at my favorite NOLA restaurant, but it was closed for the weekend. And he didn't have any other ideas. He has previously told me how intimidated he was by the whole proposal process, how he feared he couldn't live up to any romantic fantasy in my head, and how he just wanted to give me the ring and be getting married and have us both be happy. I, of course, for the longest time thought a big fancy proposal was super important, so I told him I really wanted one.

But Saturday rolled around and we went on a Swamp Tour and a trip to the Shrimp and Petroleum Festival. We ate a ton of fried food and when we got to the hotel we couldn't imagine moving, much less going out to eat anything else. As we were lazing about the hotel room I knew the ring was in the safe and suddenly I just wanted nothing more than to have the ring on the finger and to be officially engaged to my wonderful guy and to be able to share that with the whole world. The two of us in our pajamas, college football on TV, just enjoying being together - that seemed perfect. So I told him that. So he asked. And then we were engaged!

Sunday morning we went to brunch at Commander's Palace, then a nice dinner Monday night at Emeril's NOLA. So we definitely enjoyed a lot of wonderful romantic times with lots of champagne and cocktails. But for that particular moment -- the one where he officially became the husband-to-be -- it was just us being us. And I couldn't have been happier.

So having joined last August 3rd at #121, now I sign off at #18! Much dust to everyone on the list!

(PS - apparently Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans a lucky place for LIWs!)

And of course - this thread is worthless without pictures!

From the Side.JPG

Fire!.JPG

Flower.JPG

In the Sheets.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love the bling and the fact that your proposal was simple. sweet, comfortable, and so "you"!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, sillyberry! Your ring is lovely, and it looks beautiful on your hand.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I think that your proposal story is really sweet, and your ring is beautiful! :)

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful ring Sillyberry. It's nice that you two could come to a mutual decision as to when to get engaged. Enjoy this special time together.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Silly.......that is such a lovely ring. Im so envious.....ill remove you from the list tommorow

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats SB! SO happy for you!! :appl:

And your ring is beautiful!

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats sillyberry!! Your ring is stunning, and I'm glad the proposal was very you!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring and the proposal sounds so sweet.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Absolutely gorgeous ring. Did you love Le Pavillon??

I can't believe you ventured out to the Shrimp and Petroleum Festival! FI's brother lives in Morgan City, so we hung out at his house Sunday. I didn't venture out to the actual festival, but we could see the fireworks from the house Sunday night.

Are you from around here? Just curious. Sounds like you and your new FI had a fab time! Congrats again!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! :appl:

Love your ring! Looks SO big and lovely on your finger. Do you mind sharing the carat weight of your lovely ring? :love:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Your ring is so beautiful. I love how blingy it is :love: and man it's huge!

***DUST*** for stress free and fun filled wedding planning!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Amys Bling, Autumnovember, kittybean, shihtzulover, Rose_Dust, Jessie702, B.E.G., Mashira, ChloeTheGreat, jenmarie, diamondbuggy, FuturePsyD, and Grlsbestfriend! You all make me feel so warm and fuzzy!

jenmarie, we loved Le Pavillon! We actually had PB&J for our engagement dinner! :lol: We're not from the area, but we traveled there with friends who have family in NOLA. So somehow we ended up at Shrimp & Petroleum. I'm amused that we went, and the irony of the event was not lost on us, but...definitely don't need to go back!

FuturePsyD, the center is 2.01 carats in a Mark Patterson halo setting -- size 5.5.

FI (woohoo!) keeps laughing at me as I get totally distracted by Sparkles de Lafayette (what? you don't name your jewelry?). He says I'm like a baby transfixed on a shiny object. He thinks a piece of tin foil may have worked just as well. And one more picture. Not that you can see the ring at all, but it amuses me. Like I'm about to punch you with my super secret laser ring!

Kapow!.JPG

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that ring is breathtaking!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Awwwww he sounds like such a sweet guy :) Stunning ring!!!!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love your proposal story even if it isn't some over the top romantic story. It's about you and your FI as a couple and that's all that matters! Your ring is gorgeous too!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
YAY, sillyberry! May I be the first to say it's ABOUT DARN TIME!!! :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

I am SO excited for you! Your proposal was sweet and it really is something you will love telling your families/children/grandchildren for years and years!

Congratulations, and whenever you're ready, feel free to take over the BIW list as planned!!! (Don't forget to add yourself! ;-) )

A

Anonymous

Ridiculously beautiful ring, and I'm glad that you had a WONDERFUL engagement weekend! Congratulations!! :bigsmile:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts? If the proposal is really "you," then it's totally romantic! I love it!

And your ring is soooo, sooo pretty. It's very feminine and delicate. Just gorgeous.

Congrats to you and your fiance!

P.S. You have really pretty hands!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations and beautiful ring!!! you should start a SMTB thread if you haven't already

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
congrats sillyberry! that ring is drool inducing :love: :love:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, Sillyberry! What a fantastic story (I love that it was so intimate) and what a gorgeous ring. I look forward to seeing you on BWW!!! and getting to follow your wedding!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Trekkie, PrincessNatalie, Supers, MayFlowers, SweetPea, vc10um, blacksand, tammy77, CurlySue, slg47, lulu66, and monarch! It's amazing how happy your fellow PSers can make you feel - like a continual engagement celebration, even if only in your head!

Oh, and thanks CurlySue - I hate my hands and constantly bemoan their short stubbiness, so it's nice to think it might just be in my head!

vc - I agree it was about time! :lol: I will get over to BWW and the list as soon as I finish with this stupid infernal will-not-freaking-end move. I had a friend lose her ring in her move, so I had tucked it in a "safe" place...then the house cleaners moved the jewelry box and I had a cow when I couldn't find it. Heart racing, trying to stay calm...fortunately I found it fairly quickly, but sheesh.

Next week I'll get on that SMTB thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results