shape
carat
color
clarity

*Ring Preferences 2011 Edition*

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond (or other stone), size, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!
yes I do know what type of e-ring I want. I want a halo e-ring with a round diamond 0.80-0.90 ct. The metal it doesn't matter 14k or 18 white gold is fine but no yellow gold.

2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?
He know exactly what I want. I showed him the diamond and setting although if he gets it is another story.

3) Will you/Did you go ring shopping with him? I didn't go ring shopping with him but I did try on a couple of rings in a store with him.

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is? Yes I do know what his budget is. It was through these talks that I was able to convince him to up the budget a bit.

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring? I think I want a eternity band I'm thinking u prong around 0.70- 0.84 cts. It won't be part of the matching set.

6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?
He doesn't really care what he gets. I'll probably end up getting him either a titanium carbide ring or a palladium band.

7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.

I am not a big fan of solitaries. I mean I can appreciate their beauty but I need more bling. I also don't like yellow gold but I have some beautiful rings in yellow gold. I don't really care for big diamond I think those under a cart is more my style. Their is just something special and beautiful about smaller diamonds.

NicaK

Rough_Rock
Trade
1) Do you know what kind of engagement ring you want? Diamond (or other stone), size, shape, metal type, side stones vs. solitaire, etc.? Post some pictures!
I saw a beautiful ring that I am in love with with. It is a 2 ct princess cut surrounded by a square halo. With a band on the top and bottom.
2) Does your FF know what you want? If not, will you tell him/give him some ideas, or leave it all up to him to choose?
He knows what I want. We picked it out together.
3) Will you/Did you go ring shopping with him?
Yes I went with him but he didn't buy that day.
4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is?
Not sure.
5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?
I haven't looked at bands yet but I do want one similar to the ring.
6) Wedding band for you guy? Do you know what he likes? Do you want it to match your ring?
He wants a two toned yellow gold and white gold band.
7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s
okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.
I'm not a big fan of solitaires for myself. I have big hands and long fingers so I need something with a lot of detail.

kjai

Rough_Rock
Because I have large hands Size 8 ring finger, I definitely want a halo. I would love a simple solitaire maybe somewhere down the road or a more petite halo, but honestly anything under 2 ct. without a halo just looks weird on my finger, or at least my boyfriend thinks so. I fell in love "unfortunately ($$$)" with a Tacori. Anyways, always thought I'd get an Emerald cut diamond since I usually have simple tastes, but for some reason I've been drawn to the Princess cut, and that cut is a love or hate shape. We're looking at a 2 ct diamond, probably 18 kt gold, with round diamonds in a channel setting. # HT2521PR7

I attached some pictures below...

He knows exactly what ring I want! We've both researched together, AND we've gone to every authorized Tacori dealer in the county.

3) Will you/Did you go ring shopping with him?
We went to many jewelers already, but when he's ready to make that purchase at that unknown date, he'll go without me.

4) Do you have an idea of what his budget is?
I do. I'll keep that private for now.

5) How about a wedding band? What do you like? Do you want it to be part of a matching set with the e-ring?
The wedding band I think will be a little slimmer then the engagement ring. It's doesn't have to be a matching Tacori either.

He's a simple guy. Not too sure what he wants yet.

7) Finally - what don''t you like when it comes to rings! For your engagement ring, for your wedding ring or for his wedding ring! And it''s okay to be honest. We all have different tastes, likes/dislikes, etc.
I don't like micro pave bands so much. I just don't think that they look that great in person. I'm not too much of a fan of really thin bands either on myself, just because of my ring size. Also, round diamonds aren't my thing and I thought princess cuts weren't either, but I guess I was wrong about that. I do believe that my personal tastes reflect what I believe fits me and my personality. I've seen my "dislikes" look beautiful on other people, they're just not for me.

385931_2588407264694_1089949789_2905269_1497946308_n.jpg

384550_2601534872876_1089949789_2911419_617600431_n.jpg

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kjal, someone is selling a 2 carat Leo princess I/SI1 on DiamondBistro.com right now for $10,500. I don't think their price is very fair, just barely below retail, but if you're shopping for a 2 carat, you might want to email the seller and make an offer.

kjai

Rough_Rock
MissStepCut: thanks for the info. I'll look into it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results