shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Nightmares?

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else have these?

I have a pretty specific look that I want-- and a good PSer that communicated all of this to BF. I'm hoping he either went to Leon or Single Stone, but I guess I'll know when I know!

Last night I had a dream that he bought a ring from Leon, and it was supposed to be exactly what I wanted. When he gave it to me it was this awful, die cast, four stone nightmare.. I kept debating in my head if I should tell BF that he should go back to Leon and fix it.. That you don't pay Leon's prices and not get the quality and look you want.

Haha this is so silly, but last night was probably the third or fourth dream I've had like this. I'm fully aware I'm a wackadoodle, I'm just hoping there's another one in our midst!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
My fiance and I picked everything together, so I knew what I was getting, but I still had a really weird nightmare not too long before he proposed. In my dream, he gave me this really ugly ring - it had kind of like an illusion setting, but with over 100 tiny diamonds. It was big and bulky with tons of metal, and the diamond that we picked together was nowhere to be found. Ugh, it was horrible - lol.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
shihtzulover|1301413705|2882634 said:
My fiance and I picked everything together, so I knew what I was getting, but I still had a really weird nightmare not too long before he proposed. In my dream, he gave me this really ugly ring - it had kind of like an illusion setting, but with over 100 tiny diamonds. It was big and bulky with tons of metal, and the diamond that we picked together was nowhere to be found. Ugh, it was horrible - lol.

Haha it's so silly! Subconciously I must be really freaked out about the ring. I'm sure he did a great job, but as a control freak it's been really hard not to butt in. I guess I should be thankful I'm with such a romantic who wants to get me what I want AND have it be a surprise. :lol:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I knew I had had a bad dream, but had to look up a previous post to remember what it was about :)

maebelle said:
Anyway, this caused me to have what seems to be a standard LIW dream. I dreamt that he proposed with what was essentially the ugliest mother ring in the world, it had four flat stones all overlapping each other, yellow gold, and gaudy. I pretended I loved it, of course, but by the end of the dream I had talked him into upgrading, :Up_to_something:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I have had these! I'm pretty sure I posted it in the same thread that maebelle was referring to, I'm just too lazy to look up my quote right now.

In my dream the ring was ok at first. It wasn't something I loved, but I felt like I could learn to love it. Then the more we showed people, the uglier and uglier it became. By the end of the dream, it was a piece of "frozen spit" sitting atop a poorly made band with dents and crooks all over it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, I sure hope he has his act together and really is working toward this for you! And I'd worry about anyone else trying to communicate your tastes to him. Who is this trusted PSer anyway?? :confused:

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I had a sort of similar dream years ago-- that he got a Tiffany ring but it was one of those cluster rings, a bunch of princesses set close together to look like a radiant. I was so upset that he'd gone for the brand name then gotten poor quality. Then when I woke up I felt bad about my jewelry obsession :nono:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1301440388|2883008 said:
Well, I sure hope he has his act together and really is working toward this for you! And I'd worry about anyone else trying to communicate your tastes to him. Who is this trusted PSer anyway?? :confused:

Hahah, hush you!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
I haven't had a dream specifically about the ring but it was made up in the dream about the wedding. My goodness I woke up and felt like I had been crying for hours. Just a note, I dream very vividly as if it could have happened to me. I woke up with a heavy chest and just felt horrible.

The dream was that everything was wrong including the ring which was just completely hideous (SO and I designed my ring together and even before that he knew what I wanted) and the dress was a disaster and it seemed like I hadn't picked it out and as I am walking up the aisle people are talking and still walking to their seats and I just stopped in the middle of the aisle and said I don't want this to be my wedding day, I don't want to remember it like this for the rest of my life. It was horrible haha! I think it's the control freak in me coming out and also probably that my darling SO still has the ring after 4+ months.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Funny enough, yesterday when I read this I thought "I've never had one- can't contribute here..."

Then, last night, I know I had one because I woke up at around 5 am and immediately looked at my ring finger. I can't remember the details but I woke up horrified... :-o

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
confusedaisy|1301493237|2883397 said:
Funny enough, yesterday when I read this I thought "I've never had one- can't contribute here..."

Then, last night, I know I had one because I woke up at around 5 am and immediately looked at my ring finger. I can't remember the details but I woke up horrified... :-o

Eeep! Sorry, I must have put bad thoughts in your head! :o

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
No apologies necessary!! I was actually bummed when I couldn't post my nightmare. Now I feel like a true LIW! :cheeky:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
YES! I had an e-ring nightmare. It was sort of a recurring dream, where he FINALLY got me an engagement ring, and although I can't remember what it looked like, I remember it was HORRIBLE! And I couldn't tell him I didn't like it, (not sure why I couldn't tell him, dreams are weird),so I just knew I would have to wear this eyesore, FOREVER!!! I'm pretty sure I woke up feeling depressed and even had tears. :((

crhq5c

Rough_Rock
I just had my first ring nightmare the other night! I remembering seeing this thread and thought, "Boy, I am sure glad that I haven't started dreaming about it yet because it sure dominates my thoughts when I am awake!", but that sure changed the other night. My ring is currently being created right now. We are custom making it, and we are waiting for the wax model to be created. My dream is kind of hard to explain, because it was so weird, I am not even sure if I remember it correctly. Basically, someone I know (I can't even remember who) stole all of the rings from the shop. Eventually she gave them all back, except mine. I was devastated because the diamond in my ring was my late mother's and is irreplaceable. I can't remember if I was ever able to get it back or not, but I do think this all took place on a cruise ship...

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Ok ladies, dragging this thread up again. I had a wedding nightmare again last night.

So it went like this:

I was at my parents house and they were telling me I was getting married today but I didn't have my engagement ring yet and had not planned anything but my mum had gone and gotten this dress I had expressed interested (actually IRL) but she had bought it at ankle length and without a train and it was too big. I was devastated. She showed me my bouquet which was a bunch of lavender, when I have always wanted roses and it was going to be in my house without the priest I want to marry me. I was devastated and so I said we must post pone it and turn it into an engagement party since I hadn't been proposed to yet anyway.

It was horrible, so weird!
I wonder what these recurring nightmares about my wedding day are about because the last one I had, everything was wrong and there were circus performers and all these random people in my bridal party and I didn't have a gown or a makeup artist or hair dresser haha!

What do you think this is telling me? Have you experienced anything like this before?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
OMG..... I have yet to have a dream but I am freaked out off and on a good chunk of the time regarding my ring and that it will not be ok and that I will have it forever.....sooooooo glad for this site and so glad I am not the only one:))))

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Oh and Mif.....I am not a therapist but I think it's just generalized fear of something that is so important to you going so terribly wrong and or is there something about getting married or your relationship that makes you feel unsafe???? Again, not a therapist but my Mom is so I grew up around it and she did lots of dream analysis and I always found it so interesting :)))

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Mif, so you aren't big enough for the dress, aren't prepared for the wedding, and outside forces are trying to keep you moving along? Sounds like anxiety about planning a wedding.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
I do dream analysis too and went back through some of my stuff today and yes it is about anxiety and I actually think its the fact that I want to be engaged so much and I feel like it is never going to happen and because I want it so much i'm stressed that if and when I get it, it won't be as perfect as I have invisioned.

It is quite funny really my mum was in hysterics when I told her. I am definitely ready for it, I think that's why I am stressing. My darling SO has been holding onto the ring for 5 months now :-O

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
My ring was supposed to take 4-6 weeks but its running more than 2 weeks behind and while the jeweler assures me that my ring is turning out great I have been stressing over it. So last night I woke up from a horrible nightmare that it was over 2 months late so my friend and I decided that we couldnt wait to see it any longer and had to go take a look at it. We ended up scaling the skyscraper like spiderman under the cover of darkness and managed to climb through the open window. We found a box with my name on it and just as I was about to open the box, my friend falls down and trips off some alarm.. I grab the box and we run back for the window but the box somehow slips from my hand and as I am watching the box opens and my ring comes out and for a moment I can see it as its falling down down down the multi story building and out of sight !!! Ive been studying late night for finals but I think I really need to lay off the coffee the caffeine is doing a number on my system hahaha !!!

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
I haven't had a nightmare about my ring, but I have had a nightmare about my diamond. We purchased my diamond from JbEG, and have had it on layaway for about 10 months or so. Anyway, we decided to pay it off last week because the AUD has been doing so well, and we're ready to have it shipped to us. In my dream I received the diamond and it looked like a big, chipped piece of a glass marble (you know, the round glass balls that kids used to play with). It was a horrible murky green/yellow/grey colour, and wasn't faceted at all. I was devastated, but had to pretend to love it because The Pharmacist would have been so disappointed otherwise.

I sincerely hope that it looks nothing like a broken marble in person! I'm pretty surprised that I had the dream - I've been quite relaxed about the purchase and we're in no hurry to get engaged. I wonder what it all means.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results