shape
carat
color
clarity

Rant thread.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
You ladies want to put all our complaints into one big mean thread? I want to write up a big rant, so if anyone else wants to groan with me in here, knock yourselves out! Here goes for me...

As I''ve said on here a couple times, my BF will graduate this December and has told me that as far as getting engaged/married goes, to be patient till then and to trust him. I''m trying to be patient, and I''ve been *really* good about it, but finally yesterday I asked him what that means. He basically repeated himself, pretty much, "Just wait till then." So I asked what I''m waiting on: him to start thinking about the future, him to really give me an idea of when he wants to get married, him to start ring shopping with me, what? He said wait till then and we will really talk.

I think I''m going to kill him.

I''m supposed to still wait around with no idea of when he wants our relationship to move forward? I''m supposed to wait another month (at least) just to talk about it? He wants to get married, and I am overjoyed that he is open about that, but I don''t want to date like this for much longer. I am so afraid that when he graduates he still won''t bring it up and I will have to, and he will *still* tell me that he''s not ready to talk about it.

This is the part I feel bad about: I''ve already decided on the day (a few weeks after school is over for him) that I will put my foot down and tell him it is time to talk, since I figure he won''t bring it up himself. And I''ve decided on the day (a couple weeks after that) that if he still hasn''t discussed it with me, I''ll tell him we can discuss it today or I''m not waiting any more. I really don''t want to leave him and I feel terrible for thinking like that at all, but this is so unfair to me, to not even talk about it with me at all when he says he wants to get married "soon." I don''t want to sit around and wait forever and feel more like a fool with each passing day that I''m still in the dark about our future.

He says he might want to get married early next summer. Summer 2010! But he can''t even talk about it yet? When does he plan on discussing all this with me - the day before he''s ready to marry me?

I don''t really think I''m asking anything. Just felt like posting this to get it off my chest. I keep trying to tell myself to be patient, but I only have so much patience, you know? I know he loves me, and he isn''t going anywhere, and I am glad that he wants to marry me. I just wish he would come up with a plan for when he might start making that happen, so that I would *really* know he means it.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My Rant: I''M BORD AND I WANT MY FRIGGIN RING! end rant

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Dust for crossmyfingers and 4ever!

Hang in there ladies! You can do it !!!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Right now, I''m hating how the closer we get to the end of the timeline (Dec. 31.. or Christmas as the one I''m hoping for), the harder it is to wait/be patient! It''s so close, yet still seems so far away, y''know?
*sighs*.
You''d think after almost 9 years, I''d be used to waiting, wouldn''t you? After that long, what''s another few weeks, anyway?!

GAHHHHH!

Littletreasure

Rough_Rock
Trade
Although this has little to do with my liw status I need to get it of my chest.

I have had 4 interviews with the same company, background check, lots of positive feedback and I got a canned rejection email 15 minutes ago. It sucks. I really wanted that job. It has been a long process and I actually enjoyed it! I realize that they probably hired someone else who better suites their needs but the template email hurt. He has been my point of contact for over a month! He has been great at answering my questions, confirming location/ times and then I get the stupid canned email! Augh.

It isn''t that big of a deal in the big picture. It was just a job I actually wanted! Thanks for letting me rant!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Crossmyfingers, I just read a great book that I think might help calm your nerves! It's called His Cold Feet by Andrea Passman Cantell. It's not what you would expect - no male bashing (or female bashing) whatsoever. It's really excellent to help you sort out your feelings/frustrations.... /threadjack over!
1.gif

daydreamer

Rough_Rock
Ugh. I''m losing my patience too. Since he feels no sense of urgency about getting engaged, there''s always something more immediately pressing. Always! He keeps bringing up that we need to do this or that or buy this or that and I''ve started snapping about how my priorities are different and I''d rather focus on saving for/planning the wedding next summer. It''s not that I don''t agree that we need to buy a new stove or blinds or spend time on the landscaping or put up pictures, but I only have so much mental energy and I care about them so much less.

Littletreasure: I''m sorry you didn''t get the job, and in such an impersonal way. Everyone I know who thought they missed on their perfect job found another they liked even better.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

4ever - No friggin kidding. I think "I''m bored and want my friggin ring" is pretty good summary of most of LIW, you know?

HopeDream - Thanks. Hopefully that dust will help! SOON!

MrsHToBe - Yeah really... seems like the timeline is just driving me crazy instead of helping me get a grip lately. Hope yours is soon!

Littletreasure - That stinks. Hopefully another job will come along soon!
5.gif

Fuzzers - Thanks. I saved the book title and author on my phone and I''ll try to find it this week. Hope it helps like you say!

Daydreamer - I thought for a minute that you were just rewriting my post, about how there i something always more urgent and there is no sense of urgency about getting engaged. I totally agree about having different priorities. Hopefully your BF and mine will align their priorities with ours soon!

Glad you all added to the rant. It''s way too late, and I should have been in bed hours ago... and I wish a whole TON of dust on us all!
9.gif
Here''s to hoping/wishing/praying all our biggest dreams come true really really soon!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results