shape
carat
color
clarity

Random and Gross

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I was sitting here on the couch with my laptop when I see a roach just gallivanting along, headed towards the coffee table. I'm petrified of roaches, but it was heading for some presents that I had JUST bought for FF and a friend, and I wasn't having it. I ran to the pantry to pick up some sort of spray that turned out to be wasp/hornet spray and shot at it. It skittered off INTO the presents! I shrieked and I'm almost certain my neighbors had to hear it. It ran up the silk curtain and I swatted at the curtains with a fly killer to no avail. Then I pull back the curtain and it's huddling in the corner. I proceed to spray it and it skitters off again. I follow it and manage to get a good shot in with the fly swatter, followed by another shriek. It's dead. Now what? I can't come within five feet of it. I break out into a cold sweat and start pacing. Then I manage to open the patio door and flick it out. Now my heart is going a mile a minute, and I have to keep Jasmine (dog) away from all the damnable wasp spray that's gotten all over the carpet. :errrr: EEEEK! Now I have the heeby jeebies and every prick I feel makes me think something is crawling on me.

.... Just thought I would share. :loopy:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
So I just did something really similar. Except with a spider and that I killed it with bleach cleaning spray. I'm sure the neighbors heard me screaming bloody murder. :)

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
It's horrid isn't it? Bleh..

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha there was just a big hopping spider jumping across our carpet. Thankfully SO was in the room and took care of it.

Even grosser through is the area that I live in gets these cricket infestations every fall. I'm talking BIG BLACK CRICKETS. Ugh they're not scary so much as just nasty. Anyway they've started to get into our building (that has been open less than two months...) and people just step on them. Our stairwells are like cricket graveyards. I've started talking the elevator just to avoid the crickets.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
I think we may live in the same general area, we're having the cricket invasion here as well.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
First of all I have say EWWWWWWW!!!! I totally feel your pain!

We had a fly problem about a week or so ago in my area. We had a tremendous heatwave of 105 temps and the flies kept coming in to escape the heat. I followed them around with a vacuum cleaner and windex if the vacuum hose couldn't reach. Gross!

Around my area last summer (haven't seen many yet this year) we have a problem with stink bugs. They are horrible...easy to catch but you can't smash them! I just flush them down the toilet which then makes me freak out that they're gonna fly back up.

I'm getting chills just writing this...ew!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
lol!

I do sympathize, and I totally get that it was traumatic, but your description was pretty funny.

Back during college, I lived with a great girl - we were randomly assigned but she ended up becoming my best friend from college. Lovely girl, but not neat. She would drop food crumbs and stuff on the floor while cooking and not clean it up, oil splatters, etc. Ugh, nightmare. I'm a neatfreak.

Anyway, we had a couple incidents with mice (of COURSE I was the one who was up late studying and saw them both times). So B&G gave me some of those sticky mouse traps and one morning I woke up to this weird skittering noise. Looked at the kitchen (dreading seeing a mouse stuck in the trap) and saw a massive roach caught in it. Screamed. Then decided I should just leave it and wait for my roommate to come back from class and make her deal with it (it was her fault!). Showered, came back, and saw that the ROACH WAS ALMOST FREE BECAUSE IT HAD PULLED A LEG OFF. Gross. So I decided it was necessary to do something because it would probably be free by the time my roomie got back. But I didn't want to smash it and deal with roach guts on whatever I used to smash it, so I covered it with a paper towel, grabbed a pot, and SMASH. Off flies the pot off the handle - I had really hit that trap/floor. Then I just picked up the whole disgusting paper towel/trap/roach bits mess and tossed it.

The end.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yuck! I can sympathize too! I absolutely hate bugs. I hate every bug except for like caterpillars, and lady bugs hahaha.

The other day SO and I were in his mom's house and I was getting ready to make us all dinner. I saw a roach crawl across the sink and counter top! Of course I screamed! SO came in and killed it for me luckily. Then I disinfected the entire kitchen before I started cooking. Those things are nasty and I didn't want any of their nasty germs in our food!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I hate bugs. No roaches in Reno (gotta love the 25% max humidity here), but I do see spiders. My immediate reaction is to grab one of my cats and let them take care of it. The problem is that my cats are USELESS. They will stare at the spider and very gently touch it, as if they are petting it. Give me a break. One time a spider ran across one of their front paws, and the damn cat actually quickly lifted her paw up as if she felt badly that she had to inconvenience the spider like that.

My cats are beautiful...but useful? Not so much.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
EWWWWWWWWWWW.

I hate Roaches, and our current apartment complex (thank God, only for three more days) seems to be infested... again.

My thing.. is lizards. I don't know why the yfreak me out but if there is one in the house I can't sleep, breathe, or move really until it's gone. My best friend and roommate is terrified too. So if BF isn't here we're doomed.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
OMG. One time I was sitting on the floor in my hallway putting some laundry away in the hall closet when a roach skittered by about a foot away from me. Did I scream? Yell for help? Leap up and run away in a panic? No. I just sat there....and burst into tears. I have NO idea why, because this is not a typical reaction from me (screaming and running away would have been typical of me). Perhaps it was PMS. Strangest reaction I have ever had to a bug yet....

ugh, I hate roaches :angryfire: :errrr: :(sad :blackeye:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results