shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your favorite thing(s) about your SO!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Alright, we need some conversation up in here! Post your favorite thing about your SO, that your SO does, or just something little that he or she did today that made you smile :bigsmile:

I'll start! Last week while I was working a double (14 hour shift), he brought me soup ::)

One more thing, we went antique shopping after I got off my shift yesterday afternoon and we found lots more medicinal bottles to add to our collection. He also caught his eye on an old fire extinguisher for some reason, but then I looked more closely and it did look pretty neat (and super old). Then I reminded him that it'd be a nice reminder of our first apartment together as we currently live in an old fire house! So he was like oh yeah then we have to get it then. I like to think that is what he was thinking subconsciously ;))

Your turn!! :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about my dh but just to give an example of how amazingly considerate and sweet and loving he is...on my workdays I wake up very early so I can workout before my workday starts and on those days he gets up early too so he can start the morning with me. He also takes care of the cat litter boxes on those mornings so I can have some extra time getting ready. Might not sound like a big deal but he already does so much that the fact he happily does this for me too is really sweet.

Mickeylover

Rough_Rock
My SO writes to me every morning when he wakes up, so as soon as I open my eyes I reach for my phone and there is a "how did my princess wake up today??" That gives me a great smile ans strength fot one more day as a LIW

glitzandglamour

Rough_Rock
My favorite thing is his patience. He is our families steady ground. Through 3 crazy kids and my constant frazzeled state of mind, he is always calm and helpful and there when I need him!

Usually we don't have much time to ourselves, but last night after a nearly 11 hour workday between two jobs, he recognized I needed some affection and snuggled up to me for the night.. even though he has a hard time sleeping that way :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
missy|1383310508|3548607 said:
I love everything about my dh but just to give an example of how amazingly considerate and sweet and loving he is...on my workdays I wake up very early so I can workout before my workday starts and on those days he gets up early too so he can start the morning with me. He also takes care of the cat litter boxes on those mornings so I can have some extra time getting ready. Might not sound like a big deal but he already does so much that the fact he happily does this for me too is really sweet.

That is so sweet! I am so not a morning person so this would be a big deal for me if someone did this for me!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Mickeylover|1383328911|3548733 said:
My SO writes to me every morning when he wakes up, so as soon as I open my eyes I reach for my phone and there is a "how did my princess wake up today??" That gives me a great smile ans strength fot one more day as a LIW

aww that is precious! SO used to always text me good night if he went to bed first but now that we live together he never does (even when I work late nights and he goes to bed first) :blackeye: you are lucky to have someone who wants to make sure the first thing you do when you wake up is smile!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
glitzandglamour|1383674531|3550945 said:
My favorite thing is his patience. He is our families steady ground. Through 3 crazy kids and my constant frazzeled state of mind, he is always calm and helpful and there when I need him!

Usually we don't have much time to ourselves, but last night after a nearly 11 hour workday between two jobs, he recognized I needed some affection and snuggled up to me for the night.. even though he has a hard time sleeping that way :)

My SO is the same way...can't ever sleep snuggled up! Good to have someone to be the rock and have an endless supply of patience.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
He has a love affair with all things Christmas. When I asked him if (as usual) he would put is tree up the day after Thanksgiving. He gave me a surprised look and said, "Thanksgiving falls on the 28th this year. That means less than a month until Christmas. I don't think I can handle less than a month of Christmas." :lol:

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
My SO is such a great guy there are so many things i can write, but his effort to spend time with me stands out right now. My SO travels quite often for work. Many of his trips are overseas so he can be gone for up to two weeks. We don't live together so we already spend a substantial amount of time apart on top of his traveling responsibilities. Because of all of this, he tries and does an excellent job of giving me all of his free time. He texts me good morning, texts throughout the day, and calls me every night before he goes to bed. When he is away, he will also email me. When he is not traveling, we are together every weekend and when he stays at my place, he will make a 1.5 hr commute on Mondays just so he can spend Sunday night with me. The best part is that he does all of this on his own, I didn't have to ask him to be this thoughtful.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread! It is so sweet and uplifting.

-I love my SO because he greets me each morning with a kiss
-He's super responsive and super responsible. Unless there's a legitimate reason, I never have to play waiting game with text, email or phone (granted, I don't text much)
-He always opens the car door for me even if we're just driving to the grocery store
-I love the fact that he is okay with showing his emotions. He'll cry during movies or moving speeches...The first time he told me he realized loved me and wanted me in his life forever was very sincere and raw. I still tear up thinking about it.
-At the same time, he's a man-man. He's very athletic. He's into sports and cars and motorcycles
-He's always thinking about the future. How to better himself career-wise, how grow his nests egg, etc.
-I enjoy all his witticisms and wise-cracks. He's also goofy with me. We'll dance in the living room for hours sometimes to music we both like
-I'm a foot shorter than him, so when he leaves me notes, like a sticky on the fridge or door, he puts it at my eye level
-I find him physically attractive too and he has especially elegant hands and feet.

A story that always makes me smile(this was when we were first going out) was when i was coming down with a cold and didn't feel well. He drew a hot bubble bath (because the bubbles keeps the water temperature more constant) and made me get in. Meanwhile he brought me hot tea and read articles out loud from a magazine to entertain me.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ok ok I'll play. SO is so giving and generous to everyone around him. He'd give away all of our food and clothes if he really felt a person needed it. He is also the first person to take the underdog on as a side kick.
He loves animals as much as I do.
He encourages me to do what I love, even when it involves animals that eat 5lbs of food and 10lbs of hay a day.
He then offers to buy a trailer to haul what I love around with.
He's always goofing off and trying to make me smile.
He is great with kids.

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
He is this amazing mix of opposites. For instance,

1) He can be incredibly serious when he needs to be or the situation calls for it, but he's incredibly goofy and fun most of the time.
2) He's a high-testosterone gym-junkie, but also extremely analytical and highly intelligent (I, personally, have NEVER found this combo before)
3) He's incredibly sweet, a good listener, and open-minded in arguments or discussions, but ALSO will stand his ground in a disagreement where he feels I'm being unreasonable (which, ok, I guess once in a blue moon I can be in the wrong :Up_to_something:)
4) He's social and outgoing in the extreme - people meet him and just fall in love. But he's also a homebody who loves to just stay in, order a pizza, and cuddle.

I can not tell you how much I have despaired over finding someone who has this weird ability to contain opposite characteristics like me. In the past, if a guy was into the gym and healthy eating, he wasn't too bright. And vice versa. And if a guy was sweet and open-minding in disagreements, I began to notice a pattern fairly quickly of them ALWAYS giving into my (somewhat forceful) personality, of not being able to stand their ground. Or, conversely, if I started dating a guy and he was GREAT at having his own opinions and standing up to me, turned out he flat out failed at being open-minded or at being sweet and considerate. Goofy boyfriends couldn't pull off trying to be serious. And serious boyfriends couldn't figure out how to let loose and enjoy life and NOT be socially anxious.

So every one of my relationships in the past failed, in some way or another, because of this quality of one-dimensionality.

I also love him because he is a self-made person. By that I mean that he doesn't just react to his surroundings, he directs his personal growth in the direction he wants it to go. Feeling some social anxiety? He makes a point of making more friends and hanging out more. If he realizes that a behavior of his isn't the best for the health of our relationship, he makes strides immediately to change it. He is a problem solver. He sees a (potential) problem, and attacks it. I'm the same way, and I love that Ive finally found someone who likes to work on themselves as much as I work on myself.

Not to mention the fact that he's drop-dead gorgeous, a beautiful mixture of the ethnicities that I personally have always been attracted to: Japanese, Irish, and Scottish.

And he loves me like no other person ever has. <-- The best part! :love:

personal_development.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results