carat
color
clarity

Please remove me...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we're ENGAGED!

Pics to come soon...the ring is absolutely gorgeous (oval, ~1.3 carats, E, VS1--four double claw prongs, 18k WG...)

he TOTALLY threw me off all day today...and took me to the scene of our first date (last September). We went to see some live music in Indianapolis at the Slippery Noodle Inn (IN's oldest bar), where we'd gone on our first date. After having dinner there and *some* wine, we walked to Monument Circle (our state capital's largest monument--it's lovely!) and in the exact spot we shared our first kiss on our first date, he proposed...I was totally speechless and he had his completely prepared but still cried! It was undoubtedly the best moment of my life. I had NO idea it was coming, didn't even want to go to Indy tonight (we live an hour away), had a wardrobe crisis before going out, etc. Yeesh! I didn't even wear anything cute, and we didn't have pics taken or any of what LIWs usually do...sorry. Hell, my nails weren't done by any means (ok, two slaps of OPI Bubble Bath from last weekend so doesn't count!) No matter...it was perfect for us, and we couldn't be happier. Thanks for reading!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the baby double prongs...I maybe don't like the super wide shank so much...but this entire ring was a complete surprise to me and he was so happy with it and went through a lot to make it his vision that I can't help but love every part of it. Gah! i'm beside myself with joy! We're getting MARRIED!

oval7111001.JPG

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Monnie!!! So happy for you and I love your ring. Your FI did a wonderful job.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a wonderful surprise and very fab story!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies! I'm elated, seriously. I think I'm actually still in shock!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you should be! He way over shot the 0.5 carat/year rule! ;))

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Very exciting, and it sounds like a lot of thought went into the proposal. I love the ring! The diamond is spectacular and the setting looks like it's going to be great for daily wear. Very substantial and durable, just like a marriage should be. Congrats!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness Monarch!! That is fantastic news! Your ring is BEAUTIFUL (I'm a personal fan of wider shanks, and I adore ovals)! Absolutely stunning, classic, and perfect on your hand. Aaaah how exciting!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK you all! Your comments mean so much! I have got to remember to congratulate all the LIW's properly...

I've called my BF, my mom...and my other BFF...today will be tiring while we run around telling people AND I WLL LOVE EVERY LAST MINUTE!!!! My mother in particular, I think, was happier than she let on...I'm crying as I type this. Thank you everyone for your well wishes. You lIW's are the best and I support you all. <3

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
MONARCH!!!!!

I'm still getting used to this new pricescope, and almost missed this post!!!!!

I'm thrilled for you. Elated. After all you've been through, THIS is the result. You are an inspiration to so many of us. Congrats and enjoy this special time. All the best to you and your new fiance.

Hugs!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Monarch, what an awesome surprise! Congratulations! I love those prongs, too. The whole effect is gorgeous. Very happy for you and wishing you all the best.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you, Monnie. So, so happy.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it including the thicker shank.
Wear it in health and happiness!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I'll hand it to S, I wasn't expecting that this morning! Congrats my dear!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!! the ring is beautiful, I think the wider shank complements the oval really nicely :) so happy for you!!!!

peonies

Rough_Rock
congratulations! The ring is absolutely gorgeous and looks amazing on you. That has to be one of the most romantic proposals I've ever heard!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
congrats my dear! :appl:

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
eeeeek! that was quick!

loving that ring, what a surprise!!!

congrats monnie! couldn't have happened to a nicer gal ;))

:appl: :appl: :appl:

RhubarbPie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! That's so cool that you had no idea it was coming - so wonderful! Your ring is gorgeous!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how you didn't see this coming Monnie. Its so exciting! I love your new ring, and its even more lovely knowing he chose it to surprise you.

Congratulations to you both. :appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Such a nice proposal story and lovely ring. That you were not expecting it made it even better! :appl:

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!!! *HUG* Your ring is pretty!!!! :love: Your FI did a very good job all on his own!!! :bigsmile:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations : ) You deserve so much happieness : D

What a beautiful ring : D :love: :love:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Monnie!!!! I'm so very happy for you both and what a gorgeous surprise ring!!! Congratulations, dear!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results