shape
carat
color
clarity

Please remove me from the list because...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my boyfriend asked me to marry him Friday night June 6 and I accepted!!
9.gif
I am now a fiancee, yay!

The proposal was very sweet! We have been dating for just shy of 16 months. We met on Match.com.

On Friday, he picked me up and we went to a movie. Then we went back to his house and he said he wanted to cook me dinner. So I was lounging on the couch relaxing and he was bustling about cooking dinner for me. He was making a creamy chicken and rice dish that he has made before that I love. When it was ready, he came into the living room to tell me it was done. So I got up to walk towards the kitchen and sit down to eat, and my boyfriend said, "No, dinner isn't in there." I was all confused. He took my hand and lead me to the spare bedroom which is usually empty.

He opened the door, and when I stepped into the room, he had set up a table with two chairs and place settings, and candles everywhere. He said "Welcome to Cheateau Tim sweetie!" I was thinking how sweet it all was, but didn't suspect a thing.

We ate a nice dinner together over candlelight. After I was finished, I was full. He said, "Do you want cake for dessert?" I told him I was too full. He asked again, "What about a tiny slice?" So I said ok, a very tiny slice was all I had room for. He left to get the cake from the kitchen but when he came back, there was no cake in his hand.

He came over to me and started telling me all sorts of sweet things. Everything was kind of a blur, but I remember him looking into my eyes and saying very intently, "God broke the mold when He made you" and "Every day with you is a dream come true." I kept saying, "Aww!" After all that, he said "Do you want to know something else?" and I said, "Sure." He said, "Are you suure?" I started to get a bit alarmed and I was like "yes." Then he knelt down on one knee. He was totally shaking. He asked me to marry him.

I took about 30 seconds before I said yes. I think I was in shock, lol. I didn't cry, even though I always thought I would. But I accepted! The ring is beautiful and we are very happy!

Saturday, we went to his parents' to tell them the news. Then we went out to a fancy dinner to celebrate and ordered steak and shrimp. We are getting such a kick out of calling each other fiance. :) It is a wonderful feeling. We are planning a November 2008 wedding and are very excited!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now for the important stuff...the RING!

It is a one carat round brilliant set in white gold with small diamonds channel set on the side. It's 'H' in color and very sparkly. It's a size 5.25. My fiance picked it out all on his own with no input from me. I actually would have preferred yellow gold but other than that I absolutely love my ring!

IMG_09211.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Laila!!!!! (And you were worried he wouldn''t do it in time!!!)

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on your engagement!!!!!! your ring is lovely he did a great job on your ring!!!!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and your ring is beautiful! Make sure you do everything left handed for a while!
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! What a sweet proposal story - I got all teary! That is such the perfect proposal, private and intimate. He did a great job with the ring too. Congrats!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Awww congratulations :) your story was so sweet and your ring stunning :).

He''s a Keeper :)

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
it was so touching for me to read what he said to you! congratulations for your engagement and your beautiful ring but especially for having such a wonderful fiancé!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 12:40:58 AM
Author: Laila619
I actually would have preferred yellow gold but other than that I absolutely love my ring!

hey, you could match it with a yellow gold eternity band - that would give it a nice and unique look - what do you think?
anyway, I prefer this beautiful solitaire in WG - it makes the stone even more sparklier
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal story! I love the mushy things he said--just perfect! Shame it isn''t the metal colour you wanted, though, but it is still a gorgeous ring! I wonder if you''d be able to swap out the exact same setting for one in yellow gold?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Such a romantic proposal, soooo sweet!

I think your ring is beautiful too, and I like the suggestion of a yellow gold band. That is something I have considered as BF had originally said he wanted a yellow gold band and that he''d like our bands to match exactly. He has since decided that since my rings are platinum, he will have a platinum wedding band too. But the idea of a yellow gold band with a white metal engagement ring just kind of stuck with me!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Congratulations Laila!!! Absolutely thrilled for you!

30.gif
LOVE the ring!!!
30.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I''d say your engagement called for a fancy steak and shrimp dinner for sure!!!

Congratulations!! Your ring is divine!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
"AWWWW"

Your guy sounds like a sweetheart! Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a nice ring you have too!
36.gif

Such a cute story and beautiful ring. Congrats!

Did you say a November 2008 wedding? Wow that''s soon. You better get to planning girl.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the congratulations everyone! It feels good to finally be engaged. We have our date: November 8, 2008! Yay. Here''s another pic of my beauty. My fiance sent me roses to work the Monday morning after we got engaged. He is so sweet!

DSCN0648 (2).jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh how sweet of him! November 8th! Wow short engagement. Congratulations again!!!

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That sounds like a great proposal- and your ring is gorgeous!
36.gif
I hope your wedding planning goes well!

edotf104

Rough_Rock
Congratulations to you and your new fiancé, Laila!

That was such a sweet proposal and a gorgeous ring
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results