shape
carat
color
clarity

Pick one: bling or honeymoon

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Honeymoon. I'm big on travel anyway, and the Dude wants to travel but hasn't done much. I love the stories and the inside jokes that can come out of an awesome honeymoon, and while (obviously) I'd love a nice piece of hardware, it doesn't stand up to the promise of a totally rockin' honeymoon.

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
princesss|1357220093|3346174 said:
Hey! Yeah, totally missed the shout out - I'm not really going to join the list. At this point engagement isn't something I'd say "no" to, but I'm also not really anxious about it. I like to hang out and chat, and it's fun to have a place where there are more references to BFs than DHs, but until this starts driving me crazy or I'm starting to get antsy the list just doesn't feel right to me.

Mad props, princessS.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling! I don't like vacations and bling last forever.

But it's not just up to me. My fi grits a say

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I'd pick secret option three, HOUSE STUFF.

I have no idea how to choose between jewellery or a honeymoon.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1356358531|3339034 said:
I'm not a LIW (been married 10 years!). Because we've done lots of wonderful international travel already today I'd definitely say bling! I'm ready for a gorgeous rock! My thought is that you can always travel later but your dream ering has so much sentimental attachment that its nice to have it from the beginning. And think how much fun to stare at it on future vacations. :)
Gotta agree with Rosebloom on this one. I'd definitely take a gorgeous ering instead of dream honeymoon. I'm married already as well, and fortunatey DH was able to give me both when we got married, but he always knew that the ring was more important to me than the trip.

2 reasons (& they're both shallow, but completely honest so I hope I'm not judged harshly):
1) I love jewelry & every piece carries sentimental value for me, so everytime I look at my wedding set, it brings back warm & wonderful memories of DH and everything he means to me.
2) Since the moment that people first learned we were engaged until today (16 yrs later), not a day passes that someone doesn't ask to see my ring more closely, etc etc; however, over the last 16 yrs I honestly can't remember the last time I was asked about our honeymoon. Even when we were engaged and planning the wedding, there were always tons of questions about my ring, wedding details, new home, etc and only 1 or 2 questions about the honeymoon.

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I'd take a honeymoon/travel over any piece of jewellery EXCEPT an engagement ring, it just means too much to go without.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dream ring for sure! I have traveled extensively and while memories are great bling is forever. I have plenty of happy memories of trips together and there can always be future trips but my dream ring, well, that's my first choice. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results