shape
carat
color
clarity

OUpeargirl is an ENGAGED girl!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Aaah, what a wonderful, whirlwind weekend we had!

Sunday morning, after church, my sisters convinced me that we should go to the Ft. Worth Botanic Gardens to take pictures. We always dress nicely for Easter, and the plan was to take some nice pictures, and then have one or two matted and framed for Mother's Day. So, L and my brother in law C were with us as well. We took maybe 15 pictures, including a couple of me and L together.

So, we get to a bridge, and I'm still clueless. After a couple of pictures, L and I take a turn on it. After two shots, he hands me a small Easter basket. At this point, I know what he's doing! When I was a little kid, I used to think that the most romantic way to propose was to be all dressed up and on a bridge. Don't ask me why!! My mom must have shared this little thing to him! So, in the basket is a tiny egg, that rattles (especially with my hands shaking). I open the egg, and a jelly belly rolls out.. I'm glad he decided against putting the ring in there!! Inside there was also a note that said "Meg, I have a question to ask you." I turn and he's down on one knee. I honestly don't remember a word he said. I was too nervous to even put the ring on.

We have a million pictures of the whole thing because my sisters and BIL were standing right there. I practically forgot they were there for a few minutes. As we were walking back to our car, there was a limo waiting with champagne and flowers. We rode home (just the two of us) to my parent's house, where we had a lovely Easter brunch with his family, mine, my cousins, and some family friends.

AAaaah!! SO exciting! Yesterday we looked at a few venue options, because we don't get to go home to TX where the wedding will be very often.

About the ring... It's a 1.75 antique cushion in a Leon Mege custom setting. I have one terrible picture for now, hopefully later today I'll have a SMTB thread. :)

spring2011 085.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly type for the great big smile of happiness for you! Big congrats to you and your oh-so-lucky man! :mrgreen:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
And I my PS friends will get a kick out of this picture, too!

spring2011 062.jpg

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations OUpeargirl! Love your expression in that picture. Now get us some more bling pics!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I feel like I've been waiting for this story since you and L got together. I couldn't be more thrilled for you two!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What an amazing story and the ring is just gorgeous. So happy for you :love:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet idea! And clever too --- he had you dressed up & surrounded by family & photographers! Good work future Mr.OUpeargirl!

CONGRATS!!! :appl: :appl:

The ring looks swoonworthy -- you're going to need more pix but we'll be patient & let you enjoy your engagement bliss!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What an amazingly adorable and romantic story! I can still clearly remember your post about meeting him. You two are fabulous together and I can't wait to see how your wedding plans unfold! The ring is divine. He did a GREAT job! Congrats!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oupeargirl and I are having a celebratory engagement luncheon today, followed by and extensive photoshoot for the bling. Let's hope we don't drink too much champagne so the pictures are good! I'm soooooo happy for you OU!!! And L is truly the perfect man!!! I can't wait to see how well he did in diamonds and platinum!! :love:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Meg!

L did an AMAZING job on the girl, the ring, AND the proposal! Big thumbs up to him!!!

Oh, and #23 sure is lucky! It was my number on the LIW list when A proposed, too!!!

Best of luck with wedding planning! Can't wait to see the pictures from your brunch with Uppy!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Many congrats!!! The ring and the engagement story are beautiful.

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
OMG what a beautiful ring!!!!!!! And an adorable proposal!!! CONGRATULATIONS! :love:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
OMG sooo exciting :appl: what a sweet proposal, and your ring is stunning, i cant wait to see lots more pics of it :love:

congrats!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1303829361|2905310 said:
Oupeargirl and I are having a celebratory engagement luncheon today, followed by and extensive photoshoot for the bling. Let's hope we don't drink too much champagne so the pictures are good! I'm soooooo happy for you OU!!! And L is truly the perfect man!!! I can't wait to see how well he did in diamonds and platinum!! :love:

No drinking like sorority girls this time! You need to be able to hold the camera steady! (Or, you know - take pics first and THEN drink like a sorority girl...)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: Yay! So funny about the bridge and being all dressed up. I'm trying to think of a movie or something where it might have happened to get that in your head!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAAAAAAAH! I'm so happy for you, OUPearGirl! What a romantic proposal! I love that all of your future Easters together will be filled with warm and fuzzy memories of the day you two were engaged.

Now, I demand more pics of that beautiful ring! :cheeky:

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your ring looks stunning and that was a very sweet proposal ! Wear it in much health and happiness ! :love:

Sam121

Rough_Rock
what a sweet proposal and absolutely gorgeous ring, too! :love: It's so sweet that you get to share the excitement and happiness right after the proposal with your family, he picked the perfect timing! congratulations to the both of you. :))

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!! I AM BEAMING WITH HAPPINESS FOR YOU RIGHT NOW!! What a cute proposal idea and such a cute proposal picture!

Also- that ring is a stunner! I cannot wait to see your SMTB thread! Congrats again! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring, and I love how he proposed! I wish you nothing but the best!!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
SUPER DUPER BIG CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
On another note: Were you able to find the purple earrings you wanted for the occasion?
:)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

It's been great watching your "story" here on PS (and off!) and finally seeing it all come together for you. I could not be more happy for you. You guys are such a gorgeous couple! Congratulations again! Enjoy this wonderful time!

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations OUpeargirl,

The Easter basket is such a cute idea. I'm glad it turned out just as you had hoped for :).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Beautiful story and GORGEOUS ring!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!!!! great story and gorgeous ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results