shape
carat
color
clarity

One week....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Well, today marks the one week countdown until we leave for our trip.
I am getting very excited....I hope he proposes while we are away.
31.gif
27.gif

He''s had the ring for ages now!

I know my post doesn''t contain any exciting news, but I am really starting to get antsy, and I just wanted to get it off my chest!

This time next week, I will be wandering the streets of Montreal!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know exactly how you feel-this day 4 weeks we''re heading to NY and Im dying to go! We will hopefully have picked out our ring this time 4 weeks and like you, I hope that he proposes while we''re there. I just cannot wait!

Hope that your bf does it while you''re away on hols!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... I hope you have a good time!
36.gif
I''m going to be home making curtains... lol
28.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Bee: Thanks for your well-wishes!!! I hope it happens!!! It's absolute torture for me. I really have no patience when waiting for something exciting to happen. Usually, I am a pretty pateint person, but when it comes to surprises or my birthday I am like a 2 year old kid on Christmas Eve. I hope it happens for you in 4 weeks! That's coming up quickly! What ring are you looking to get???

Anchor: Thanks for your kind words! I am sure we will have a great time, we have gotten a lot of good advice as to where we should go and do. Most of it has been from yourself and the other lovely PS ladies! Making curtains? I WISH I could make curtains! I am absolutely awful at sewing. I made a skirt once, and it was all bunchy and lop-sided!

Oh yay! 6 days to go!

36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2007 8:39:46 AM
Author: BeeBelle
Bee: Thanks for your well-wishes!!! I hope it happens!!! It's absolute torture for me. I really have no patience when waiting for something exciting to happen. Usually, I am a pretty pateint person, but when it comes to surprises or my birthday I am like a 2 year old kid on Christmas Eve. I hope it happens for you in 4 weeks! That's coming up quickly! What ring are you looking to get???

Oh yay! 6 days to go!

36.gif

Im the same-Ive absolutely no patience at the moment-I just CANNOT wait to go!! Im so excited! And I've been so good as Ive hardly mentioned it to D at all as I dont want to kill him with my excitement before we go!! We're getting a tiffany lucida and we have our appointment on the friday when we arrive. What about you? What's your ring like?

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Monarch: Thanks for your well-wishes!!!
35.gif

Bee: Ohhh! The Tiffany Lucinda is lovely!!!! How long until you go??? My ring is very simple. I posted about my ring quite a few weeks back, so instead of typing it all again. I just copy-pasted it. (sorry to anyone who already read it!)
35.gif

I fell in love with a classic, elegant solitaire setting. I don't know why I was drawn to it....it is just a "normal prong solitaire", but it tapers so beautifully and was just the "right" thickness...I don't know what it is exactly...I just loved it once I put it on. It had a princess-cut diamond in it, but princess-cut stones make my fingers look like sausages. haha. I don't have very short fingers, but I certainly don't have long piano-player fingers.
We asked him to recommend some diamonds in our price-range. He showed us quite a few, a few round, a marquise and an oval. One of the rounds completely blew the others away! It sparkled like mad.
All I remember is that it is: .70ct, VS2, G colour and excellent cut. I don't remember any other specs...that was back in January...and well, I am AWFUL with remembering numbers. haha.
I will post them when I have the ring and appraisal!
Anyway, we decided on the super-sparkly round after MUCH deliberation and inspection.
I was a bit antsy about not seeing the ring "together" (round with the setting), but I could visualize the two together and I know that it must look lovely. I have yet to see how it came out...though my bf says that it is exactly what he has envisioned when he was looking for rings (he went by himself for a while). He said, "It's classically beautiful, just like you!" (hahha...ever the charmer!!!)
He has shown it to his mum, best friend and his oldest brother, and they all say it is beautiful. I am so excited. I don't know if he has shown my mum. He is going to speak to her before he asks....and he wont tell me when he has spoken to her, because the proposal will "follow shortly after", as he says.

I thought I would want a bigger diamond...but when I tried on the .70 was just so perfectly proportioned to my hand. The .70 completely blew the 1 ct away in terms of sparkle and fire.
It is so pretty!!!!!!!!!
31.gif
9.gif
36.gif

I cannot wait to wear it everyday!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 12:51:17 PM
Monarch: Thanks for your well-wishes!!!
35.gif

Bee: Ohhh! The Tiffany Lucinda is lovely!!!! How long until you go??? My ring is very simple. I posted about my ring quite a few weeks back, so instead of typing it all again. I just copy-pasted it. (sorry to anyone who already read it!)
35.gif

I fell in love with a classic, elegant solitaire setting. I don''t know why I was drawn to it....it is just a ''normal prong solitaire'', but it tapers so beautifully and was just the ''right'' thickness...I don''t know what it is exactly...I just loved it once I put it on. It had a princess-cut diamond in it, but princess-cut stones make my fingers look like sausages. haha. I don''t have very short fingers, but I certainly don''t have long piano-player fingers.

We asked him to recommend some diamonds in our price-range. He showed us quite a few, a few round, a marquise and an oval. One of the rounds completely blew the others away! It sparkled like mad.

All I remember is that it is: .70ct, VS2, G colour and excellent cut. I don''t remember any other specs...that was back in January...and well, I am AWFUL with remembering numbers. haha.

I will post them when I have the ring and appraisal!

Anyway, we decided on the super-sparkly round after MUCH deliberation and inspection.

I was a bit antsy about not seeing the ring ''together'' (round with the setting), but I could visualize the two together and I know that it must look lovely. I have yet to see how it came out...though my bf says that it is exactly what he has envisioned when he was looking for rings (he went by himself for a while). He said, ''It''s classically beautiful, just like you!'' (hahha...ever the charmer!!!)

He has shown it to his mum, best friend and his oldest brother, and they all say it is beautiful. I am so excited. I don''t know if he has shown my mum. He is going to speak to her before he asks....and he wont tell me when he has spoken to her, because the proposal will ''follow shortly after'', as he says.

I thought I would want a bigger diamond...but when I tried on the .70 was just so perfectly proportioned to my hand. The .70 completely blew the 1 ct away in terms of sparkle and fire.

It is so pretty!!!!!!!!!

31.gif
9.gif
36.gif

I cannot wait to wear it everyday!!!!

We''re heading on friday three weeks-cannot believe it is so soon!
36.gif
. You must be so excited going this week! I really hope that it happens for you while you''re away. Your ring sounds beautiful. I''m going to get approximately a carat I think, but if I see a smaller one that sparkles more I''ll go for that. Im not too fussed about size so I just want to pick one that I like.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hi Bee!
Gosh, your trip is getting close!
I am way too excited. Hahah. I had nothing to do this morning, since my spring classes are at night. I wrote up a "packing list" of all the things I need to take, and it seems to have bolstered my excitement. We leave in...3.5 days! EK!
36.gif

I was not too concerened with carat size, either.
I fell in love with the way the .70 sparkled. It is so beautiful. There were a few bigger diamonds, but none sparkled like my little beauty!
I told a few of my close friends and they were all snooty about the fact that its "Not even a carat!". I would rather have a smaller, higher quality diamond than a large lifeless diamond. Plus, I''d rather save the $$ and put it towards a house and the wedding. I don''t think that .70 is tiny. I think it''s perfect on my hand..so they can just go suck an egg!!!! hahah
27.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 3:26:08 PM
Hi Bee!

Gosh, your trip is getting close!

I am way too excited. Hahah. I had nothing to do this morning, since my spring classes are at night. I wrote up a ''packing list'' of all the things I need to take, and it seems to have bolstered my excitement. We leave in...3.5 days! EK!
36.gif

I was not too concerened with carat size, either.

I fell in love with the way the .70 sparkled. It is so beautiful. There were a few bigger diamonds, but none sparkled like my little beauty!

I told a few of my close friends and they were all snooty about the fact that its ''Not even a carat!''. I would rather have a smaller, higher quality diamond than a large lifeless diamond. Plus, I''d rather save the $$ and put it towards a house and the wedding. I don''t think that .70 is tiny. I think it''s perfect on my hand..so they can just go suck an egg!!!! hahah
27.gif

A .70 is definitely not tiny! Im sure they''ll have a different opinion when it''s sitting on your finger sparkling away!! The 3.5 days will fly! I don''t know how Im going to have patience when Im 3.5 days away. D has told me to treat myself the night before we go so he''s paying for me to get a pedi/mani/facial and hot stone massage so hopefully that means that he''s going to do it over there-after all, my nails will be all nice for the photos
3.gif

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
good luck to you beebelle! i hope you come back engaged! your ring sounds lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results