shape
carat
color
clarity

On the brighter side...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
...I was on the phone with my dad this week and he said ''So, are you gonna be getting married?'' I said ''probably''. And then he asked where (given our quatro-national geographical situation this could be a big deal). And then when I suggested it might be in mom''s country, he asked a couple of other ''I''m-extremely-nervous'' sounding questions, like whether he would get to walk me down the aisle (duh!). And then said ''Well, you should start thinking what your dream wedding would be.'' I''m assuming that he means he intends PAY
22.gif
for a dream wedding!
30.gif
30.gif
Or maybe he was just teasing me.
15.gif
But I''m pretty sure that was his way of saying ''You want a major par-tay? In an Oscar de la Renta gown? You got it!'' I''m actually not sure that IS what I want, but I never really REALLY thought about it before quite recently, so it''s fun to know it''s an option!

It was actually kind of a hard conversation because I raised some of my concerns about the family complications and trying to find a venue he hasn''t already been married in. But my dad is a great dad and he said ''When you get engaged, we''ll make a list of your concerns and worries together and we''ll troubleshoot and find ways of fixing things. If we do that right at the start, maybe you won''t be as anxious while you plan.'' He may be a complicated daddy, but he''s a good daddy.
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG, that''s great to hear! It''s wonderful to have your dad willing to work through the issues with you--he sounds like a lovely person!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome IG!! He sounds like a wonderful Dad!!! I love that he wants to help you through all of the planning, not the money per say, but helping you trouble shoot the sticky issues that lie ahead. That''s really cool!! He''s got your back, as they say!!!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DJ and Lisa! It's kind of funny, given my dad's multiple divorces how good he is at articulating his feelings and making me feel that mine are understood. He's also really good at solving problems and being constructive. (I think he only mastered this recently... so I have high hopes this most recent marriage will last!)

But, yeah, I feel exactly like he's 'got my back'. And together we'll figure out how to navigate all these dangerous familial shoals! Even if FF and I decide to elope after all.
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you, Ind Gal for having a wonderful dad. I''m sure it eases your mind a bit as far as everything else you''re dealing with to know that he is supporting you! Glad to hear you''ve got his support and going forward it will be a great thing for you to have him in your corner.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results