shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh the agony! He''s holding the ring hostage & hidden!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I've been hanging out on Pricescope for a while now, but just recently started posting. I know you all will feel my pain on this one! I'm looking for some strength & willpower during a super anxious time.
1.gif

My DBF & I have been together for 3 years & started looking at rings back in February. It was such a long process & the more I learned about diamonds on PS, the longer it took to find something that we both liked. We ultimately ended up settling on a 1.53 H/VS2/H&A rb in a Daniel K rosebud inspired Maytal Hannah setting!
30.gif

The problem is I know he has the ring, that it's in the condo that we share & I CAN'T SEE IT! Other than seeing pictures of the inspiration ring & having seen the diamond in person months ago, I have no clue what the final product looks like. DBF had been denying that he even had the ring in his possession but, finally, last week he admitted that he had it, he loves it, that it's hidden somewhere in the condo, that he can't wait to see it on my finger & that I'll get it "soon."

Suffice it to say I am *not* a patient person! I am totally the girl who always snooped through her Christmas presents, I have a love-hate relationship with surprises and I am not good with suspense. Allllllllll I want is to have that gorgeous ring on my finger & to be engaged already! I am so excited to have my guy in my life & he's more than I could have ever hoped for. For him to be gushing about how much he loves our ring & how glad he is that we did the research, went the route that we did, that it was worth every penny....I can't even imagine how it turned out & it's killing me! Now that we are so close to the actual engagement, I think I am more in love with him than ever before. We have been so sappy lately & I love it!

First I thought he might propose before Thanksgiving because our parents were meeting for the first time. Then I thought maybe the day after Thanksgiving because we have a bunch of traditions on that day. Then I thought maybe it would happen on our 3 year anniversary (December 3rd) but still nothing! We talk very openly about everything & I've told him how crazy this is making me! He just keeps telling me it will be soon & before Christmas but I think knowing it's so close is what makes it so hard!

DBF just left to go out of town for a few days & I swear this thing is calling to me.
23.gif
I know it's here, I want to see it, but he already made me promise I wouldn't look around for it. I am going crazy with anxiety! I keep trying to figure out in my head when this wait will finally be over & trying to keep myself from looking for my ring! Help!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww I am so sorry. But please please please don''t peek! It will all be worth it when you see it for the first time. I promise!!!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I keep telling myself too, neatfreak. "The wait will be worth it" is my new mantra, not to mention that lies are written all over my face so there''s no way he wouldn''t find out if I actually looked at it. He was so kind to let me be a huge part of the process so I do want to give him the control here. It''s a nice kind of anxiety to have, knowing that it''s coming, but it''s still enough to drive me a little crazy after looking at diamonds for the last 10 months!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 11:49:07 AM
Author: Ms.Goggles
That''s what I keep telling myself too, neatfreak. ''The wait will be worth it'' is my new mantra, not to mention that lies are written all over my face so there''s no way he wouldn''t find out if I actually looked at it. He was so kind to let me be a huge part of the process so I do want to give him the control here. It''s a nice kind of anxiety to have, knowing that it''s coming, but it''s still enough to drive me a little crazy after looking at diamonds for the last 10 months!

We''ve all been there! I hope your future FI is as impatient as my now husband. My husband only waited a few hours between getting the ring and proposing because he couldn''t wait! But I was SO ANXIOUS knowing it was arriving that week and having only seen the stone once, months before.

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
But, how exciting to KNOW it''s coming...AND so soon!!! You''ve waited so long, don''t give into the temptation to search! Live on the thrill of the excitement...that''ll get you through! It''s coming...
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I think I would lose myself in the hysteria and search for it. I don't know if I would open the box, but would just HAVE to know where he kept it. You have more patience then I.

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 1:35:16 PM
Author: ckrickett
I think I would lose myself in the hysteria and search for it. I don''t know if I would open the box, but would just HAVE to know where he kept it. You have more patience then I.
Ha! Restraint is not something I normally display. I think in this instance I''m trying to put it in perspective that this is not something that will come around every year like my birthday or Christmas. He knows I sneak around & look for that stuff! I have some sneaking suspicions about where it is, but I should probably let him have his way on this one. If it calls to me in the middle of the night though, all bets are off!
31.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
LOL Crickett! I''m with you! I would just HAVE to know WHERE it was, but I''d be too guilty to open it, I''d just sit there and look at the box and want to open it really really badly.
11.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
oh...I would be going crazy too!!! I agree with neatfreak though (and I'm sure you do as well Ms. Goggles...deep, deep, down inside!) that you can't peek! It's for your own benefit!!!

Your ring sounds stunning though so I can't wait until the big unveiling!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I *so* feel you. When FI had the ring hidden, I turned his place upside down. (He knew I would go looking for it and that''s why he did such a good job hiding it!) But I found it! I, too, am bad with surprises. I''d rather not know I have a surprise in store than be told and have to wait. Some people look forward to surprises but I don''t!
31.gif

If you want to be truly surprised, I would wait. Maybe you can get your nails done very frequently in the meantime -- a plus would be that you can''t dig for the ring with wet nail polish!
41.gif
For me, it was a double surprise because I got to peek at it and then miss it up until the proposal. It''s always much prettier and surprising than you had imagined. Even taking it out of the box every morning is a little surprise.

AND....CONGRATS!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That''s so exciting! It sounds like it will definitely be coming soon. In the meantime, let me know if you''d like to be added to the LIW list!
36.gif

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! DBF has only been gone about...ohhhh, 11.5 hours & I''ve had to grade a million papers, go grocery shopping, clean the condo & stare at everyone else''s rings to keep me from casing the place!

still_waiting & audball- I am SO tempted, really. He won''t be home ''til Wednesday...I could totally cave before then! I am trying so hard to be good!
12.gif

Thank you, sammyj! According to him, it is pretty stunning. The only thing he said he wishes he could change is that he would like the center stone to be a little bit bigger! I was SHOCKED when he said that one! I will definitely post pics as soon as I have them! He knows I lurk here & he''s excited that I want to have pictures of our ring to share with others.

Bliss- WOW.
23.gif
I must say, if I had any idea a ring like yours was coming, I''d have already found it & taken a million pictures by now! You have quite the stunner. I am so with you on the surprise logic- love them but don''t want to be told I have one coming beforehand. I have been getting my nails done, but in preparation for the handshots!

Thanks, ladypirate! I don''t know exactly what the LIW list is, but tell me more & add me to it please!

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! This is such a fun place & it''s nice to know you all ''get'' where I''m coming from!

ringisthething

Rough_Rock
The agony! I am the worst about HAVING to know about suprises so I dont think he would tell me if there were a ring around... I can''t be trusted
emotion-14.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I really do feel for you. It must be reallly reeeeaaaaallly hard. But can I just say, at least you know he HAS the ring and that the proposal IS coming. If I knew that much I'd be so relieved, I'd stop worrying about the rest.

Not to take anything away from how you're feeling...I just want to help you look on the brighter side.
2.gif
((hug)) **stay strong**

PS--Dont snoop!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:35:30 AM
Author: Bia
I really do feel for you. It must be reallly reeeeaaaaallly hard. But can I just say, at least you know he HAS the ring and that the proposal IS coming. If I knew that much I''d be so relieved, I''d stop worrying about the rest.

Not to take anything away from how you''re feeling...I just want to help you look on the brighter side.
2.gif
((hug)) **stay strong**

PS--Dont snoop!
Hi Bia! There is a certain amount of relief. Believe me, there was a time when looking at rings, talking about rings, talking about timelines, etc. totally made us both crazy! I am such a research hound, it''s nuts. Had I never found PS, we probably would have been engaged a while ago because he would have just gone out to a B&M & bought the first thing that caught his eye. When we talk about it now, he tells me he probably would have gone with a solitaire in a classic setting...now he knows my style SO well & he''s so proud of himself. I think he really enjoys knowing so much about diamonds & rings & he''ll definitely be able to help his friends when they get engaged. So yes, there is a LOT of relief. Now it''s just all...suspense! We''ve worked so hard & spent so much energy that I just want to see the darn thing already! It just kills me to know that he''s gotten to play with it & I haven''t!
38.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ms. Goggles, you're going to have one stunner of a ring. Huge! And gorgeous setting.

*faint*
30.gif

Have you found it yet?
31.gif

Shhhhhh.... diamonds sing when they're bored sometimes. So be reaaaaally reaaaaaally quiet and see if you can hear it. That's how I found mine. It was singing an old Bangles tune. LOL. They sing quite well, actually.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
How exciting that he even has the ring!!! I''m sure it wont be much longer. Just hang in there!

(I also happen to be the girl who has been guilty of taking a peek or 2 at some presents under the tree) While I love a good surprise, I hate when I know the surprise is coming........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results