shape
carat
color
clarity

Nosy family

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to a family dinner at his aunt and uncles house. He has a pretty large extended family and they all live in the area, so we have little get-togethers about once a month or so. There are two toddlers in the family, and last night one of the couples announced that they''re expecting!

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years now (June 1st!) and in the past his family has made little comments about when we''re gonna get married/have kids etc. But yesterday, OMG! Just about every person in his family at some point in the evening asked me when we were going to get married and start poppin'' out the kids. Haha. All I kept saying was "Ask him." As if I wasn''t thinking about getting engaged/married/having kids enough...! Everyone kept saying "Oh you two are next!" and "Hopefully at the next family get-together you two will have an announcement for us!" It was NON-STOP. And I can''t say that I wasn''t happy about it, because it''s nice to know that his family is looking forward to us getting engaged, but it also was making me SUUUPER impatient. Not to mention playing with the cute babies makes my biological clock tick like mad!

Then on the ride home, my boyfriend "proposed" the question (yeah, I almost smacked him too) that if I wanted it, his mother had offered him her grandmothers engagement ring. So obviously this means that he''s been talking to his mom about asking me to marry him.
9.gif

I mean, I know a proposal is coming soon, but the WAITING is just getting to be soooo hard! Haha. Especially when so many other people are asking me about it and making me think about it even more!!!!

I just wanna be engaged darn it! Haha.

Anyway, I just had to get that out. Thanks for listening (or reading...).
37.gif

smiles

Shiny_Rock
welcome! you have come to the right place!
35.gif
being on the same page with your guy is half the battle so just try to enjoy this time!
36.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Things sound very positive to me!
1.gif
I personally love it when family pester my boyfriend about when we will get engaged as I hope it will hurry him along a little, however, it does also get frustrating knwoing that there is even more waiting.......

Sounds to me like you won''t be waiting for too long!
36.gif
And think yourself lucky, you could have been waiting for seven years like I have........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results