shape
carat
color
clarity

No longer waiting!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
As I expected SO (now FI!? Crazy!) proposed his weekend. I flew out to California Friday to spend this week with him. We got up early Saturday morning to go for a sunrise hike, despite my tremendous fear of heights. One of FI's regular hiking buddies joined us, turns out he was the accomplice in he whole plan. After hiking to the top of the "mountain" (really more of a glorified hill) I've sun was just coming up, so FI sat and watched the sun rise over Los Angeles, it was beautiful and something I'd never seen before. The area at the top of the mountain started to get rather crowded so FI recommended we go check out a little garden area a little ways down the trail. We took me into this wooded area and told me to come look at a really cool picture he had taken of the sunrise on his phone. He shows me the phone and a video starts playing...lots of pictures of us from our relationship and such... I'm like "what is this?!" At the end of the video he of course said some sweet things and asked me to marry him... His friend was there to take pictures as it all happened. It was very sweet and I'm so glad it was a private moment. I

I've of course been taking tons of pictures of my ring but only using my phone, so forgive me for them not turning out to well. Here are a few for everyone to enjoy,

image_725.jpg pre-proposal at the top of Mt. Hollywood
image_726.jpg right after the proposal!
image_727.jpg
image_728.jpg
image_729.jpg
image_730.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, ewozobski!! Beautiful proposal and I love your ring!! :love:

How are you feeling about the diamond and setting now that you're wearing it?

Congrats, again!! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! It looks great on you. How are you feeling about it now? I love the private moment engagements. Enjoy this time!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful ring and great finger coverage.

Did you figure out what you are going to do for a wedding band yet, or are you still considering options?

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
I love the ring! I probably would prefer an older antique cut with chunkier facets but FI did a wonderful job picking out a stone that truly sparkles. The halo is much smaller/more dainty than I originally anticipated. However, FI had the jeweler make it like that as to not detract from the center stone... So it's probably a good thing. I'm really liking the split shank as well even though I think it makes my finger look a bit chubby.

We haven't decided anything about a wedding band yet, however I'm leaning towards something that I can wear on its own since I most likely won't be wearing my e-ring during the day while I'm at work. If we do get a band that sits flush with the e-ring I was thinking of doing something other than diamonds to contrast with thee-ring. Possibly rubies because they are my birthstone.

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Ewozobski!

Congrats Ewozobski! Yaaaay....you didn't have to wait too long at all! :appl:
The ring is beautiful. :love: I like the split shank as well; and I don't think it makes your fingers look chubby. I'd love to see what you decide on a wedder; think that a "stand alone" wedding band would be ideal. You might consider something kind of dainty so that it doesn't clash with your e-ring for the times that you decide to wear both the e-ring and your wedder.
Again, congratulations!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Thanks Scorpio! Your ring is to die for! I agree about something dainty for the wedding band. The stones of my halo and on the band are very small so I'd like something about that size. Maybe FI will splurge and let me get a stand alone band and one to wear with my e-ring (doubtful haha).

Olympias

Rough_Rock
Congratulations !! Beautiful ring, sweet proposal and great pictures ! :appl:

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
ewozobski|1382372509|3541700 said:
Thanks Scorpio! Your ring is to die for! I agree about something dainty for the wedding band. The stones of my halo and on the band are very small so I'd like something about that size. Maybe FI will splurge and let me get a stand alone band and one to wear with my e-ring (doubtful haha).

Thanks for the compliment eqozobski.
Haaaaa! :lol: 2 wedding bands....YES....I think that's a marvelous idea!!! You definitely get my vote on that!
Now, if you're able to pull that off, please let me know what you did/said so I can try the same approach with my FI. :naughty:

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Hahaha yes I'll let you know how that conversation turns out. I'm pretty good at talking him into a lot of things but I somehow doubt he will go for that idea...

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ewozobski|1382371488|3541691 said:
I love the ring! I probably would prefer an older antique cut with chunkier facets but FI did a wonderful job picking out a stone that truly sparkles. The halo is much smaller/more dainty than I originally anticipated. However, FI had the jeweler make it like that as to not detract from the center stone... So it's probably a good thing. I'm really liking the split shank as well even though I think it makes my finger look a bit chubby.

We haven't decided anything about a wedding band yet, however I'm leaning towards something that I can wear on its own since I most likely won't be wearing my e-ring during the day while I'm at work. If we do get a band that sits flush with the e-ring I was thinking of doing something other than diamonds to contrast with thee-ring. Possibly rubies because they are my birthstone.

Congratulations! That's a lovely ring. I like the idea of a birthstone wedding ring. What's his birthstone? If it goes well with rubies, you should consider incorporating it as well. :)

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Re: No longer waiting,

Good idea sortmon! His is amethyst so we could probably work they in. We originally wanted to do hidden stones of our birthstones in the e-ring but the shank was too small, so I'd like to incorporate it into The wedding band if possible.

Here are a few more photos to share. Promise I'll quit obsessing soon!

image_732.jpg
image_733.jpg
image_735.jpg
image_736.jpg

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad you love your ring! And in my opinion, I don't think your halo looks too dainty at all. If the diamonds were any bigger, they would be too big. You have fantastic finger coverage as it is!!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
I agree meganmomma! I think in my head I was picturing a larger halo because I've seen so many pictures of ladies' rings that have a somewhat smaller center stone and a larger halo. I'm not at all disappointed with the size. I think FI did a great job with the proportions. I've been taking pictures of it all day... Might be getting a little out of hand!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, and sweet story. Congrats! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ring is fabulous!! :love: And it looks sooo pretty (and big!) on you! :appl: I love the split shank and the proportions of the halo are perfect - I've been waiting to see this ring on your hand, and I'm so happy for you - oh, and keep taking pics, we love them!

Oh, and you're a great looking couple and you are going to make a gorgeous bride!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
Thanks Junebug! Here are some more I took yesterday... Need to get myself a real camera so I can capture the details better.

image_740.jpg
image_743.jpg
image_744.jpg
image_745.jpg
image_746.jpg
image_747.jpg
image_748.jpg
image_749.jpg
image_750.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results