shape
carat
color
clarity

New to pricescope and ladies in waiting!

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I've just joined pricescope and would love to join the LIW list.
A little about myself and my bf. We properly met through a mutual friend during high school (we went to different high schools) when we realised that we actually went to primary school together and were in the same class just before I left that school!
We were friends for two years before dating, he's my first bf. I followed my dreams and went to uni interstate so we spent 5 years long distance.

I graduated two years ago and moved back, but could not find a decent new grad job in the state, so after 6 months I moved to the other side of the country (small country, so only about 3000km) for the perfect job with amazing staff as the bf was still studying and had not found a job yet-which meant that he could end up anywhere. We have been doing long distance again for the past year.

All up we have been together for 7 years and both of us have changed and grown in that time but somehow managed to stay together. I would say that we are the closest we have been in the last year despite the distance. My family initially disapproved of him, but they have been begrudgingly trying to accept him. Two years ago my bf first brought up getting married, but we were not ready, in terms of our relationship and stage of our lives. In the last year it's been more waiting until my bf found a graduate job because up until then, he didn't consider himself in a position to think about other aspects of his life and I understood that, also it wouldn't have been financially sound as he was out of a job for the last 6 months.

A month ago he was contacted about a job and he's just started, so I guess now things are much more of a possibility. I'm hoping that I'm not waiting for another year! If we do get engaged I'd be looking to leave my job and move back at some point next year.

Thanks for reading! :wavey:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a journey!! May I ask what country you're in?
It sounds like you're on the right path together and I wish you much luck in coping with the distance! I know how tough LDRs are so I truly commend you! Welcome to LIW!
I'm not a LIW anymore since I'm engaged, but seeing as my wedding isn't for over 2 years I still hang around :))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
A very warm welcome!! Hopefully your stay is short and sweet. Sounds like the two of you have been on quite the journey already!

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
Thank you!
wakingdreams53 I am from Australia.

It has been a very long journey for us, and I can't say that we didn't hit huge rough patches along the way, but we're getting there!
I hate LDR and I'm so jealous of most couples that can see each other frequently or live together. It's such a difference when my bf comes up to visit, I feel so much support when I come home after a stressful day at work, and it's extra nice waking up to a hot breakfast :lickout: (I'm not sure he'll keep that up forever though!).

I think being on pricescope has already affected me- I had a dream last night that my bf proposed (completely by surprise because I'm not expecting this to happen until next year) and we haven't discussed what sort of engagement ring I'd like because I'm not much a jewellery person. I was super happy until he presented me with this ginormous ring with a plastic looking diamond that had a very scratched surface. I was so horrified I couldn't stop myself from saying 'that ring is terrible, take it back please!' to which he understandably became very offended and told me I'd ruined the moment.. :blackeye:

Oh dear..

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to the board birdie!

It takes strength to maintain a LDR (OH and I did it for 1 year) so congratulations on that alone!

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, welcome!!
LDRs are definitely not fun. SO and I "only" live 1.5 hours away from each other, and it's killer enough! And get used to the dreams (and nightmares :errrr: )! It happens often around here :wacko: unfortunately.

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
maybe we need to start a thread on LDRs and how hard they are! the boy and I are ~2200 miles and 3 time zones apart. we somehow manage to make things work but its rarely easy. glad to see there are other PS'ers in the same situation. we can all commiserate together :)

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
Glad to be among some LDR's as well. It's been a bit of a rough week, I've been knocked about by a severe flu-two trips to the doctor because the first round of antibiotics gave me an allergic reaction but I've finally been able to get out of bed today! It's hard living alone and being sick, feeling awful and not wanting to eat or cook but having to because the food isn't going to cook itself. I was a one person pity party!

ewozobski

Rough_Rock
awww birdie so sorry to hear that you're under the weather. sounds like you're finally on the upswing, though!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
aw sorry to hear you are sick! does suck being sick on your own. You don't have any friends nearby to visit or bring you soup or anything? hope the allergic reaction wasn't too bad...take some Benadryl or Claritin if it hasn't gone down yet from stopping the antibiotic!

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
Thanks ladies, I am feeling better today.
I'd been moderately sick for 2 weeks but then really went downhill last week. I've been taking Codral for more than 3 days, which is the maximum I could take. I am recovering now though since I took Saturday off to rest. I had one friend offer to bring me some food, but I didn't want to expose him to my germs and get him sick as well-also my house was a mess! I'd completely neglected the house while I was sick and it's just, embarrassing so I didn't want anyone to visit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results