shape
carat
color
clarity

New Lady in Waiting

monique_w

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I joined PS a few weeks ago and asked a question about radiants but I thought I would introduce myself here too.

I'm Monique, from Brisbane in Australia and currently trying to patiently wait for a proposal. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years in January, since I was 18 and he was 19. We have lived together for 4 years and bought our first home together in April. I know he will be proposing soonish because we have discussed wanting to get married in May 2015 and ideally I would like at least a year to 16 months to plan.

I was thinking that I wanted a rectangular radiant cut with tapered baguettes either side but lately since reading more on here and watching several Good Old Gold tutorial videos I am thinking that I prefer the look of the chunky faceted cushion cuts, I prefer the more rectangular shaped, square sided ones.

Both of my best friends have gotten engaged in the last two weeks to their respective boyfriends of 7 years and I am so excited for them and about being a bridesmaid in both of their weddings. Hopefully we will all be engaged at the same time which will be a lot of fun.

Here's a picture of the look I am going for. Luckily my boyfriend wants me to help him design the ring I want so I will be able to get exactly what I want.

_11349.jpg

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I love the ring you want. I want something very similar. I feel like it is such a classy setting that will stand the test of time and fashion trends :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet. A chunky cushion with baguettes sounds so classy!! Are you guys actively looking for stones/settings now then?

monique_w

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome ladies.

Well I really did not have long to wait at all. My Fiancé proposed to me three days after I posted on here on Wednesday the 30th of October. It was a complete surprise, I was thinking maybe Christmas or our anniversary in February.

He hid the (fake) ring in a box that looks like a macaron that was in a box with a few other real macarons, it was so sweet and perfect jay in our house in the kitchen. He also arranged a booking for dinner afterwards at a restaurant I love.

The ring is currently getting made by a jeweller in Dubai. I ended up deciding on a radiant with a baguette either side with double prongs on the corners of the radiant. My fiancé insisted on a much larger budget than I was thinking so my centre stone will be about 1.1 carat instead of .75. I'm so excited

Hopefully I will have it in the next couple of weeks.

Here's a photo of my fake ring and the macaron box and the real macarons.

_11759.jpg

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Such a sweet proposal and the added bonus, it was unexpected!!! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results