shape
carat
color
clarity

New Here... Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone! First off I would like to say that I think it''s awesome you all have gotten together to share your stories, joys and frustations with eachother. Not everyone understands or remembers what it''s like to be waiting to be engaged, but not quite there yet, so it''s nice to have others to share with.

My BF and I have been together for almost 3 years (will be 3 in Jan. 2008). We met through work in 2005 and just after New Year''s 2006 (our second date), we went exclusive and have been pretty inseperable ever since. We have lived together for about 1.5 years and in March of this year we purchased our first home together. We have discussed marriage for over a year and started really looking at engagement rings back in August. We have talked about possible wedding venue and reception sites and who we would like to invite (would prefer a smaller wedding). He''s asked me how long of an engagement I had in mind (I told him I didn''t want to wait a full year) and he''s even gone as far to say that he would like to get married "before it gets hot next year" (we live in TN and it starts getting hot in May/June).

In all honesty, I know with all of my heart that he''s as excited as I am to get engaged and to be married, but I don''t really think he understands that a wedding isn''t something you can just "throw together" quickly, we''d need a few months minimum with the plans we have previously discussed (not to mention have time to get a wedding dress).

Anyway, I can relate to all you ladies who have been getting your hopes up for an engagement during the holidays and special occasions, ever since our ring shopping excursion I can''t stop thinking about it and keep hoping that he''ll pop the question (actually thought he was going to do it this past weekend when we were with his family for their Christmas celebration - but needless to say it didn''t happen!). Now I''m hoping it will happen next weekend when my family come for Christmas in our new home, or even New Year''s Eve (would be the 3rd anniv. or our first kiss), or even our 3 year anniv. in January, I could continue on, but I think you see where I''m going! I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon and I look forward to sharing with you all!
35.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Welcome !! Don''t forget to add you name to the official LIW list! Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you for an engagement soon!
35.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
hi! i''m a 2bmrs.d too!!
3.gif
welcome welcome.
35.gif
my BF is the same way about timelines...he seems to think you could throw a wedding together in a weekend. oy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results