shape
carat
color
clarity

New girl on the block

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

Hey girls, I''ve been lurking for about a month and decided it''s about time I join and say hi

35.gif

I guess I''ll start with a little about why I joined! I am surrounded by great friends but they are all either a)married with babies b)engaged and getting married in the next month or c)not interested in dating for various reasons. This means whenever I ever mention the words *future* and *BF* in the same sentence they all think I''m getting engaged tomorrow! I love my BF dearly but I am not quite ready to be a LIW.. I guess I''m a LIW to be a LIW? You girls all seem to have good advice and good stories to share.. It''s so nice to see such a supportive group of girls who all have the same goal

30.gif
(even beyond LIW, to acquire more and more knowledge and sparklies!)

I guess I''m weird because I gave the BF a reverse timeline.. don''t do anything until I''m closer to finishing grad school!! Therefore, I''m not quite ready to join the list.. but I will be around for advice/laughs/random thoughts/whatever!

*SH*

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
hello, i''m new too. i think it''s awesome that you gave him a reverse timeline. you''ll know about when to start looking for proposal clues!
sorry your friends don''t quite get it. i know 10 people getting married this year, so they''re all waiting for my SO to propose.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ... Hello there! welcome...
35.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome girls!

Date: 5/4/2009 8:30:02 PM
Author: Squirrly
i know 10 people getting married this year, so they''re all waiting for my SO to propose.
I feel your pain!! I was a bridesmaid in 7 weddings two years ago (always a bridesmaid...) and went to 1 more. I guess the difference is I was single so everyone was trying to set me up with the 1 single guy at every wedding
33.gif

Speaking of which, how do you girls deal with the question of "when are you getting engaged?" I really don''t get why they ask girls that question!! It''s generally up to the guy...

*sh*

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 8:43:22 PM
Author: sparklyheart

I feel your pain!! I was a bridesmaid in 7 weddings two years ago (always a bridesmaid...) and went to 1 more. I guess the difference is I was single so everyone was trying to set me up with the 1 single guy at every wedding
*sh*
wow, i''m lucky i had my guy for all the weddings. as for being a bridesmaid, i''m up to being in 2 right now, but at least SO is a Marine so i have the birthday ball to wear the dresses at.

i tell my friends to friend him on facebook so they can bug him about when. of course he tends to get me in trouble with my friends, like telling one of them that he gave me a promise ring, without ever telling me it was a promise ring
23.gif

he just assumed i knew what it was. i just thought it was pretty.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
welcome!

i kind of understand your reverse timeline... SO didn''t wait too too long, and we''re now going to have a looooong engagement due to grad school. but i''m okay with that!

what are you studying?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, somegirl!
I''m studying to be a nurse practitioner. What about you?

*sh*

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
welcome welcome

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
welcome! and you are definately not the only one who gives the "reverse" timeline. You need to do what works best for you!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there!
35.gif

Welcome to PS!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, and LIW!
35.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well HELLO sparklyheart! Welcome to PS!

Are you in grad school now then?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of which, how do you girls deal with the question of ''when are you getting engaged?'' I really don''t get why they ask girls that question!! It''s generally up to the guy...

*sh*
It is a little annoying....isn''t it? I usually say either "When we are ready" or "When he ASKS" lol
20.gif

How long have you been with your boyfriend?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 12:03:57 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Speaking of which, how do you girls deal with the question of ''when are you getting engaged?'' I really don''t get why they ask girls that question!! It''s generally up to the guy...

*sh*
It is a little annoying....isn''t it? I usually say either ''When we are ready'' or ''When he ASKS'' lol
20.gif

How long have you been with your boyfriend?

I like the "when he asks" one..
It''ll be a year in a couple weeks.. Which is pretty much a lifetime for me.. I usually make up my mind pretty quickly about where it''s going!

*sh*

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Will the two of you be going out for your 1 year anniversary?

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to a concert the next night but the tickets were pricey enough to count for our anniversary I think!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hey and welcome! You sound like you''re in my position (I told BF if he proposes right now I''d break up with him, lol). It''s great to know you''ve got *the one*, even when you''re not ready to get married.

As for what I say when people ask when we''re getting engaged...well, it depends on who''s asking!

His extended family: Never! Why buy the cow, you know? *wink*
Coworkers: Eh, I''ll get around to it.
Pushy strangers: Eventually.
Pain in the butt know-it-alls: I''m sorry, I didn''t realize I was doing this on *your* schedule.
Friends: I don''t like him enough for that yet.

But I''m snarky like that. Also, his family all have the same sense of humour that I/we do, so that one is much more of a joke than any of the others. We''ve also been together for 4 years, and it amuses us to think that people think we''re too slow moving as a couple, so we like to make fun of that fairly often. (We met at 18 and are about to turn 23, so I think giving it time is a pretty dang good idea, lol.)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other day someone asked when we were getting engaged/married.

I said "I hope we get married before he finds out the baby I''m carrying isn''t his!"

They couldn''t tell whether or not I was joking initially. That amused me.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:27:05 PM
Author: princesss
It''s great to know you''ve got *the one*, even when you''re not ready to get married.
So true!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:32:22 PM
Author: elledizzy5

I said ''I hope we get married before he finds out the baby I''m carrying isn''t his!''

I am shamelessly stealing that line.

SHAMELESSLY.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Hey and welcome! You sound like you''re in my position (I told BF if he proposes right now I''d break up with him, lol). It''s great to know you''ve got *the one*, even when you''re not ready to get married.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!! Of course then all the married w/ babies would gasp and give me that look.. You know the look of "you poor unmarried girl".. At least I would be laughing..

Like you said, it''s great to know others are out there who know *who* they want to marry but that the time will come.. We''ll see if I still feel the same closer to graudation (1 1/2 years)!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:38:52 PM

Date: 5/5/2009 1:32:22 PM
Author: elledizzy5

I said ''I hope we get married before he finds out the baby I''m carrying isn''t his!''

I am shamelessly stealing that line.

SHAMELESSLY.
Do it, and make sure you put a little old fashioned sass on it. I don''t know that my delivery was exceptional, but I feel like I can''t reuse the line to try again.

Sigh.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:43:40 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!! Of course then all the married w/ babies would gasp and give me that look.. You know the look of ''you poor unmarried girl''.. At least I would be laughing..

Like you said, it''s great to know others are out there who know *who* they want to marry but that the time will come.. We''ll see if I still feel the same closer to graudation (1 1/2 years)!
My best friend was *horrified* the first time I said that. It was hilarious. She''s got a bigger case of LIWitis about my BF and me than I do, though. I had to clarify that yes, I want to marry him....just not right now. I figure I''ll be ready in a few years. Probably.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:43:40 PM
Like you said, it's great to know others are out there who know *who* they want to marry but that the time will come.. We'll see if I still feel the same closer to graudation (1 1/2 years)!
It certainly is! I think I'll be a LIW for a while yet. FF and I know we both know we want to get married to each other. We always have. When the timing is right, it will happen for us. The right time just hasn't come around yet.

I'll bet if you stick around these parts, we could be good PS buddies
2.gif

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
DG, how long have you guys been together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results