shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream wedding site.......is now HIS dream site too?! YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
aturday SO was acting strange. He came over kind of dressed up (more so than usual) and I asked him what we should do for the day and he told me "a surprise"
20.gif
He does this to me from time to time where he wants to take me somewhere and wont tell me where so he calls it a "surprise." He knows this drives me nuts because as soon as I hear the word surprise I can''t contain myself and I bug him constantly what the surprise is. I asked him if it was something I would like. He said yes. I said is it something he would like and he said yes. lol! Anyway he took me to a lake in the mountains not too far from here. At first I figured he went to scout out the lake to see if there were any fish in there for future fishing fun. (which is really why we went) But its a beautiful lake that we have driven past before but never walked around. There is a golf course right next to it. So we get out of the car and he''s all "oooh ahhh its so picturesque" and I started thinking now he is acting even more strange. Well there is this lakehouse there where they hold weddings and there was a wedding going on so he was talking about how it would be kinda neat to get married there. So we are walking around the lake and he is acting more nice than usual and I started thinking "OMG what if he proposes!!!"
32.gif
I honestly thought he was going to do it. (crazy I know) If he had, it would have been a total shock to me as it isn''t really going to happen anytime soon. But I honestly started thinking that (like I have never thought it before.) Needless to say he didn''t ask. Which is totally fine!

But on the drive home we are going to drive past this place I am IN LOVE with for my future wedding. He knows about it because I have spoken of it several times and shown him photos of the place as well. So I mention to him that we will be kind of driving by this venue. (You have to go on another road to get to it) So he takes the exit off the highway and is driving in that direction and asking me where it is.
6.gif
31.gif
So we drive over there and its tucked away behind some other places and he parks in the parking lot!!
30.gif
But we didn''t get out because there was a wedding taking place here as well
14.gif
But we saw the front of the place and I pointed out where the path to walk down to the altar starts. Well, this place is TOTALLY for us. Its in the mountains but just about 10-15 minutes from home, we love that it''s close but has a far away feeling to it. But you still get that "out of the city" feel and supposedly you can see the city lights from here at night. You can hold the ceremony outside down this beautiful path and its got loads of gorgeous trees surrounding the altar and when the sun shines in it hits the leaves just so and they light up from the sun. (we love trees!) So then he drives over to this other parking area just a little down and to the side...we tried to see if we could see where the weddings are held but its tucked so into the trees that you couldn''t even see! OOoh-la-la its so private and dreamy!

FF got a little excited and talked about it on the way home on how its nice and secluded and that would make the day more special vs. that lakehouse up the road where passers-by could be lookie lou''s and watch the wedding. (not to mention people on boats and bikes...etc...) He said it would make the day feel more special and all about us if it were somewhere private like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! He said he would want something more private so that it doesn''t just "feel like any old day out" and that he wants the day to "feel special" !!!!! MORE YAY!! He LOVESSS the trees. I told him it isn''t that badly priced compared to other places within our area. There is this other venue that I found last summer that I thought I liked for us but they are building new homes all around it and it isn''t very "photo" friendly anymore. To me, I want someplace dreamy that feels different than anything else and has tons of photo opportunities for the photographer. FF agrees completely and when I said "Yay!! So, this could be our place someday, what do you think?" he said "YEAH! It''s really nice and I love how it''s hidden away from everything and it could be all about us!!!"
Huge%20kiss.gif
So I told him maybe someday we can check the place out and see what we think when we can actually "see" it rather than in just photos (and from the parking lot lol!) But Im excited that he really likes the place too! Just wanted to share! YAY! It could be our location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I forgot to tell you that on our way up to the lake we drove past this castle. FF was telling me about how they renovated the place and I told him they happen to have weddings there. "They DO!!?" He excitedly asked me. I told him yes but it is very VERY expensive.

So I guess it turned out to be a day of venue discussion as we talked about 3 places. And best part is, he started it. hehe
27.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hooray! how fun and exciting!! tell us more about this place!!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
aw, that sounds like such an exciting little venue-scouting for you both! did you take any pictures? you know we need pictures..

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Im late replying! While I had my camera, I didn''t take any pictures. But I have several photos saved on my computer from looking online several times about the place. I will find a few and share.......

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here is a photo of the ceremony site.........
36.gif

What do you think?

DSC05653.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I swirled out these people in these shots because a.) I don''t know who they are and b.) I wouldn''t want to upset anyone..

Look at the trees and the way the sunlight comes through!!! I love it!

DSC056534.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
another photo with the trees/sunlight and the path to the ceremony location

(I've got tons of photos of this place that I have found but I think these few at least show how nice it is!) I so hope it will be our site someday!!!! It's completely perfect for us. Hope I don't jinx myself (knock on wood) This place is such a dream! I will keep my fingers crossed.......

DSC0565345.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results