shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother''s Day present for Future Mother in law

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zilaras

Rough_Rock
So I have a bit of a dilemma. My parents live relatively far away from me ( about an 8 hour car ride). So I am unable to spend Mother''s Day with her. My SO''s family live very close so we are planning on spending Mother''s Day with his mom.

Any ideas on a Future Mother-in-law Mother''s day present?

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, I have no advice, because I am in the same exact situation!

As of right now, my SO and I are going to take her out to dinner, I can''t decide if I wanted to do something else small (I''m not a big fan of random things that collect dust in a house...) So I''m kind of stuck on the ''sentiment'' things.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I have the exact same dilemma. I won't be with my family for Mother's Day
8.gif
because they, too, live far. So, we will be spending this Mother's Day with BF's family. Since my BF's sister just had a baby two weeks ago, everyone agreed that going out for dinner might not be the best idea...Mother's Day being a very busy day for restaurants and all. So...we decided to have them over to OUR house. Which will be great, but now I have to plan a great menu, and I don't know what! >

For FMIL, I think a nice, but not overly expensive, piece of jewelry would be great--I think that is what we are doing. Plus getting a cake for his sister (first-time-mommy cake!) and flowers...PLUS cooking dinner...I think that's good enough don't you? LOL

Flowers and a beautiful card always do the trick for moms, I think anyway! Good luck!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Do you know what kinds of stuff she''s into? Maybe a potted plant, or a cute spring/summer handbag?

I won''t be seeing my momma for Mother''s Day either. She''s 3000+ miles away.
7.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
How about a nice picture frame? Fill it with either a pic of you and your FF/FI or leave it empty and she can put whatever she wants.

Otherwise, just showing up with flowers should be good enough. :) You don''t want to make your FI look bad. Ha ha :)

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! Lucky me I get to do both! We''re doing my family''s on Saturday b/c that''s also my birthday and we''ll be celebrating my mom''s b-day too b/c hers was the 5th.

Then we''re going to do his family''s on Sunday and it'' also his sister my FSIL''s b-day!

So I have to get 2 mothers day presents, a b-day present for mom, and a b-day present for FSI. LOL! Luckily my sister and I teamed up and had a really nice photo album made for my mom for her b-day and then I got her some photo boxes b/c after looking through her photos I know they need some order and I''m going to put them in the new boxes for her....that''s the real present
27.gif
. Then I think SO and are going to get FSIL a new game for her Wii and I''ll bring flowers for FMIL and I think that should do it.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Last year I took my mom to get pedicures, because it''s something she never does for herself.

This year...I''m stuck too. But I recommend some sort of spa/pampering gift card or certificate. Always nice!
5.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
If she is into gardening I think a nice plant would be a great idea.

If you are looking to give her a bigger gift, one year SO and I got one of those digital photo frames for his mom and pre-loaded it with all sorts of pictures of the family over the years (SO''s sister has three children so there are always tons of pictures of them). She still has the frame displayed in her living room.

For my mom, one year we paid for a cleaning service to come in and clean her entire house for her so she could spend the day doing something she really wanted to do. We also did something similar for my father for Dad''s day by getting him a landscaping service to come out and spruce up the yard.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow...those are great gift ideas! I wish I were that creative!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results