shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW title

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
I am worried now, maybe I don''t qualify as a LIW and I am moving up the list fast! I have been reading other posts and it seems like I need to have a stone or ring in the making or on layby to be a LIW!? I am just waiting (very patiently I might add!) for my sweetie to propose but I know he definately doesn''t have a ring cause he knows how neurotic I am about picking the perfect ring together!! Am I an LIW imposter?!?!
32.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
LOL!!!!

Of course not. He knows you''re neurotic about your ring....that''s something!!!

I think LIW is defined as a woman waiting to be engaged...so you qualify!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think gals like you were who the list was intended for. I mean, why put yourself on the list when you know the ring is in the house and you''re going to be a BIW in a matter of days? JMHO.

So no, I don''t think you''re an imposter and certainly can be on the list if you like.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
I know what you mean, Honey! I''m a LIW but my boyfriend and I aren''t in the position to get engaged anytime soon. (And I''m at number 26-or-so on the LIW List- eek!)

Don''t worry about it. You are not alone!
35.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance ladies!!! I am definately waiting (11 years!!, yes I am a saint). We have had our share of ups and downs but we have had a few positive talks (ok, me having a LIW vent/meltdown) so I think it''s on the horizon. Don''t want to get my hopes up but we are going on holidays next week, will be staying with my parents so perfect opp to ask both important questions - permission and the biggie so fingers crossed. Although I have had my hopes up so high before and been crushed so trying not to overthink it, but it would be perfect. We are actually going to an area I would love to elope too! Who knows, magic may happen........

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHH! I was starting to think the same thing! Everyone already knows the ring has been bought, all I knowis that He knows which ring I have to have! We designed it, but I am pretty positive he hasn't bought it yet... Last I looked I was #17!!!! He knows I want to see action by Feb.so hopefully he'll get me off the list soonerthan later, but I feel you on that one. I feel lke I am one step behind too... Maybe we should start a new list "LIW's w/o the ring in the house" LOL!
2.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have been on the list for over a year! I joined as soon as I found this site because I WAS WAITING, and very impatiently I might add. My boyfriend will not let me know when the ring is purchased and I will not be involved beyond letting him know what I like and recommending certain vendors, so I still don''t know when it will happen! So don''t worry, you definitely qualify!

diamondsgirl22

Rough_Rock
yeah i am with you dmbsgirl! i only get to offer my opinion and what i like to my bf also. it kind of sucks but has a ring of romance to it dont you think?
20.gif
Nice pun wasnt it? (RING of romance to it)
emotion-5.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
well, i only know which style of ring i''m getting.. because I''ve been so insistant on it. I have no idea of the ct size, color, clarity or any of that. I don''t know when he''ll buy it, or when we''ll get engaged.. so i figure I''m a true LIW too right? We''ve been talking about wanting to get married for like 3 years now, but financially we just can''t do it right now.

So no, you''re not an imposter! Welcome aboard... hopefully the LIW list will sprinkle a little fairy dust your way too!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t start on the ring till after the engagement, so I had zero idea the proposal was coming as there were no hints at all.

I started out on here because my FI was telling me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me but didn''t believe in marriage - little did I know he was already planning the proposal.

I have always thought that knowing the ring is being made takes away the surprise of the moment a bit - not that a proposal should ever be a complete bolt from the blue. You need to have had the talks and be on the same page values wise.

You definitely qualify to be a LIW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results