shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you already know, I hit the 20# mark today (20.7) and bought my tiffany charm enhancer necklace! yay! I will be here november 16th apparently. Maybe I will have a ring by then? Probs not. Ive started to think THAT will never happen.

Other good news is that Im almost close to writing down my weight in this thread. Still disgusted by it but Im less horrified as the number goes down.

Hoping to be down 30 by the end of the year, maybe sooner. If it took me 3 months to do 20, it should take me about 1.5-2months to lose another 10. Ive started taking new vitamins that I think may be helping with energy so hopefully that kickstarts me a bit - I have NEVER had any energy (I think I have metabolism issues) so anything has to help.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES!!! Are you going to weigh in anytime soon audball or are you just nixing it for the rest of the year? ... the freakin holidays are gonna be so hard..

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1352475645|3301825 said:
As some of you already know, I hit the 20# mark today (20.7) and bought my tiffany charm enhancer necklace! yay! I will be here november 16th apparently. Maybe I will have a ring by then? Probs not. Ive started to think THAT will never happen.

Other good news is that Im almost close to writing down my weight in this thread. Still disgusted by it but Im less horrified as the number goes down.

Hoping to be down 30 by the end of the year, maybe sooner. If it took me 3 months to do 20, it should take me about 1.5-2months to lose another 10. Ive started taking new vitamins that I think may be helping with energy so hopefully that kickstarts me a bit - I have NEVER had any energy (I think I have metabolism issues) so anything has to help.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES!!! Are you going to weigh in anytime soon audball or are you just nixing it for the rest of the year? ... the freakin holidays are gonna be so hard..

Congrats LJL so awesome!!! You taking b vitamins? Those are good for energy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
We'll be weighing in on Sunday for sure. I'm dreading it. We have been baaaaad the last 2-3 weeks.

As for the rest of the year, our goal at this point is to try not to gain weight and hope for some small losses along the way.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty...finally bit the bullet and stepped onto the scale. News is not good. Bleh. 3 weeks of not counting, paying attention to what we eat, eating out A LOT, not exercising...dire consequences indeed.

168.8. Yep -- that's a gain of 6.6 lbs since 10/20.

192.8: Highest Weight
168.8: Weight 10/20

24.0: Loss To Date
+6.6: Gain :(

Andrew didn't fair well either. He went from 228 to 237, +9.0. Reality check. Slap in the face. What takes weeks and weeks and weeks of hard work to come off flies back on while not paying attention over a few short weeks. I'm just glad we didn't let it go any farther than we did. The holidays are so tough.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, Audball, I'm still proud that you stepped on the scale and updated us! You're not alone in your struggle! I have fallen off the wagon for my weigh-ins, it's terrible. I feel like my life is a little of a mess right now. My mom is begging me to come home to study so she can "take care of me" where my entire life is not here. My gym membership, routine grocery shopping, selection of foods - out the window. I have to admit it's a little distressing. My parents house is not designed for home exercise AT ALL, and my dad yells every time I try to do a workout at home.

I last weighed myself last week and was able to stay around 162. My mom has an elliptical machine at home, but it is MEAN. I think it got set up wrong because even zero resistance feels like a ton of weights on my legs to the point where I do not enjoy exercising on that machine. I've considered getting a one month membership at my local HealthTrax, but it would cost $65. I miss my gym classes. Since I've tried to commit to 20 min of daily exercise, I think I could try to tolerate that elliptical machine.

I think I'll really need to ramp up my diet to make up for lack of exercise. The good thing is that my parents do not have cheese in the house. And almost everything is raw, so I'll be drinking water, tea, and eating crackers, HAHA. My mom is also a type 2 diabetic, so I hope I can get some inspiration from her to lay off the sugar too. We'll see how things go!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sweetpea. I'm feeling kind of down. We've tried to be better this week but we've had a few slips. I know we're trying to just get through the holidays without undoing our hard work, but it's just hard. This is my favorite time of the year and there are just too many goodies I have a hard time resisting!

I hope you're able to stick with your exercising even though you don't like the elliptical you have access too. Andrew and I have started the Couch to 5k Program together and I am SO SORE. We couldn't run today because we can barely walk! We're hoping to feel better in a few days so we can get back at it and just keep doing our best with food while enjoying this special time of the year.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry you've been feeling down :( I remember reading all these magazines when I had time (now I read textbooks and review books... sad) and the most useful thing I got out of it was that when you've made a mistake on your diet, exercise regimen, etc. just tell yourself to put it behind you and start new tomorrow. It stuck with me so well, because I would always get SO hungup on how terrible I was with my diet, or how I missed a workout one day. But no matter how much I got hung up on it, I couldn't go back in time, so I'd have to internalize my mistakes, and try to not make the same ones again. You deserve to be more forgiving of the "bad" weeks, because you've made such great progress!

I talked to my mom about the lack of exercise thing, and she gave me a great tip: exercise when your dad isn't home. How brilliant! And I completely forgot that my parents have On Demand, which offers a lot of different exercise programs, so I did 3 last night, and now my quads are sore.

My point is there is always opportunity to get back on track!! I heard the Couch to 5K program is AWESOME! I had a friend from college who started it. She was literally a couch potato before the program, and now she has completed multiple marathons, and she recently completed her first triathalon. She lives in DC so there are plenty of scenic places to run with rivers and lakes to kayak and such. She is such a rockstar.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's awesome! Good thinking, Mom! It's kind of "duh" -- do it when Dad isn't home!

I totally agree. Dwelling on the slips and mistakes just prolongs you from getting back on track. We try our best to support each other and it really does help doing it together.

We're pretty excited about the C25k program too. Your friend sounds amazing. We're not sure we'll ever really love running, but we've committed to completing this program. We know we won't do it in the 8 weeks, but we're going to stick with it until we can run for 30 minutes without stopping. We also plan to do a real 5k race together when we're done!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty...post Thanksgiving weigh in is not good. Bleh.

171.0. Yep -- that's another gain, 2.2 lbs more this week.

171.0: Weight 11/25

21.8: Loss To Date
+2.2: Gain

Andrew didn't fair well either. He went from 237 to 239.6, +2.6. Thanksgiving wasn't kind to us.

We both got new phones, we're back to tracking food religiously through an app, weekly weigh ins no matter how bad we think it will be, and restarting C25k since we didn't do it last week from traveling so much.

Hopefully we can turn this around and end close to our previous lows.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Had a nice loss this week! 5 lbs!! EVEN WITH MY BIRTHDAY!

166.0: Weight 12/01

26.8: Loss To Date
-5.0: Loss This Week

Andrew did well too and lost 6 lbs and weighed in at 233.2! We're trying to be as focused as possible over the next few weeks until the new year. We'd very much like to be able to "restart" January 1st where we've left off (our lowests, me ~162 and him ~225). Hopefully that's possible!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
First time posting in this thread-

Even with all the holiday food, I've done okay. I recently joined Planet Fitness, and I love it. It's sad, my apartment complex has a treadmill, but it's ALWAYS occupied, and I hate waiting (lol..... don't we all). So, I caved and spent $99 for a year's membership, pre-paid. I ran 3.2 miles on Friday, and 4.19 yesterday. Today was an off day, as I was sooooooo sore.

So, I weighed myself this a.m. and I was 121.4. I was pretty ecstatic. Ideally, I would like to be 115. I am small-boned and thin, so at my heaviest (137 lbs, back in Sept 2010), I did NOT look good. Small on top but wearing a size 9/10 jeans at the time. Now I am between a 3 and 5... depending on the brand. I did the whole "My Fitness Pal" app for a while, fell off the wagon after a year, and ended up around 127 lbs. So now.... it's on to lost those last bits of poundage.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/263847_697643995624_6785922_n.jpg
I think you can see it in my face the 21 pound difference. :/

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi MBKRH!!! This thread is kind of dying, but hopefully we can revive it! I won't be moving to the BWW Bootcamp until we set a wedding date. Plus, I love everyone here, I feel like it's my home : )

$99/year for a gym membership sounds really good to me! I pay $20/month and I think I"m getting a deal. A lot of Planet Fitness gyms have been popping up around my city but I've stuck with World Gym because I just love love love their classes. The only problem is that with my work hours now (7am-5pm), I can barely make any of them. I try to make it to 5:30am classes, and then if traffic is nice to me, I can catch 5:30pm classes. I've resorted to also taking classes on the weekend. My fiance also got me a Wii for Christmas. I sometimes feel like i have no excuse lol. I wish I could run but for some reason my feet just can't handle the impact. I've bought every pair of support/stability running shoe out there and nothing works. I get horrible blisters and my arches will bleed.

I think in both pictures you look great, but you're right, the weight is in the face. It's the same with me. My dad will joke about it all the time because when I gain it's in the face and I get love handles (YUCK).

I will finally weigh in tomorrow morning! Bright and early at 6am -.-

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I noticed the lack of movement. :sick:

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to run. M has issues with one of his legs, and he can't run, either. Unfortunately, it's a very high-impact sport/exercise. :(sad That's awesome your FI got you a Wii, though- every little bit helps when it comes to fitness!

It's funny, looking at those pics again- my face looks so dirty in the right pic, but that's thanks to my stupid freckles. God I hate them with a passion. :evil:

I totally feel you about the love handles- I get those, too. Although, I've noticed with all the running, they are nearly non-existent. My problem area is my belly. No matter what I do, I just can't lose that fat. I wish I could get lipo on it, and have them put that fat in my boobs. Everything would be grand then! lol

Good luck on your weigh in! ~*~*weigh-in dust~*~*~

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, no soda diet re-begins! I went to the dentist, and now I'm SCARED to drink the stuff! No candies either, but I could care less about that.

I'm interested to see if my weight changes.

PS. I've decided to allow myself to drink a coke ONLY at the cinema, and a maximum of twice a month (since we often go to the movies more than that).

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
*first post here*

A little over a week ago I decided to start eating healthier and work out. My SO has always eaten healthy naturally, so it was me bringing him down by ordering pizza and breadsticks night after night. His eating habits tend to be paleo-esque. Lots of protein, veggies, and good fats - fewer carbs, sugar, and ANY processed foods. I was skeptical for a while because I couldn't fathom the concept of eating bacon EVERY MORNING or cooking all of my veggies and chicken breasts in oil, and losing weight. However, after failing on Weight watchers, I decided to give it a try. I'm now on Day 10 and I feel great! I have lost 4 lbs and am quite satisfied! Let's see how long I can keep this going... :)

I love the fact that we have this thread. I constantly think that I don't want to have to wait until I'm engaged to start shedding the unwanted weight. Especially when it comes to engagement photos and trying on gowns! I want to have a real idea of what will look on my slimmed down figure by the 1st (or 2nd!) dress trip. Although I may have a bit longer than I ideally hope - we shall see! Please see below for my stats!

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches
Starting weight: 155.6
Current weight: 151.8
Goal weight: 130

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1358199367|3355483 said:
Alright, no soda diet re-begins! I went to the dentist, and now I'm SCARED to drink the stuff! No candies either, but I could care less about that.

I'm interested to see if my weight changes.

PS. I've decided to allow myself to drink a coke ONLY at the cinema, and a maximum of twice a month (since we often go to the movies more than that).

It's really terrible for you. I used to be a huge Coke fan. No joke, I'd drink like, 5 cans a day. Then, I developed a caffeine allergy :errrr: I haven't had a Coke in 3 years now, and my coffee is limited to decaf. I can drink SOME regular coffee, but no more than one cup- and even then, I risk my throat closing up.

I DID notice that after I quit drinking pop, I lost about 5 pounds. I still have a Sprite or root beer every once in a great while, but I've been so hooked on working out, that all I drink is water. Plus, M got me a fancy-pants water bottle for Christmas that calculates how much water you drink per day. For my weight, I need 61 ounces. It's kind of cool to try and meet my "goal" every day!

Let us know how it goes for you! I'm sure you'll notice a difference in weight! :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
luckyerialc|1358364703|3357060 said:
*first post here*

A little over a week ago I decided to start eating healthier and work out. My SO has always eaten healthy naturally, so it was me bringing him down by ordering pizza and breadsticks night after night. His eating habits tend to be paleo-esque. Lots of protein, veggies, and good fats - fewer carbs, sugar, and ANY processed foods. I was skeptical for a while because I couldn't fathom the concept of eating bacon EVERY MORNING or cooking all of my veggies and chicken breasts in oil, and losing weight. However, after failing on Weight watchers, I decided to give it a try. I'm now on Day 10 and I feel great! I have lost 4 lbs and am quite satisfied! Let's see how long I can keep this going... :)

I love the fact that we have this thread. I constantly think that I don't want to have to wait until I'm engaged to start shedding the unwanted weight. Especially when it comes to engagement photos and trying on gowns! I want to have a real idea of what will look on my slimmed down figure by the 1st (or 2nd!) dress trip. Although I may have a bit longer than I ideally hope - we shall see! Please see below for my stats!

Current weight: 151.8

Way to go! It's hard when your SO eats completely opposite of you. M won't touch a salad.... so cooking can be challenging, especially when I'm trying to be "good." :sick:
I totally hear you about wanting to look good for engagement photos and gown fittings. That's my biggest motivation.

Your GW is realistic, IMO. That's pretty much where I ended up- losing 20ish lbs. My heaviest was 140 or so, ideally I want to be 115... and right now I'm at 120. Those last 5 lbs really are the most stubborn!!!! It sucks.... but I have faith you can do it!

Do you have a smartphone? If so- get the "My Fitness Pal" app. It really helped me when I started my weight loss journey last year. You log everything you eat (and be honest!!!) It really makes you realize how big proportions are and why it's sooooo easy to gain weight, but not lose it. I used the app for about a year, and it helped keep my eating in line. That, plus working out several times a week. I don't use the app anymore; I just count on my fitness alone (running between 2.5 - 3.5 miles 4-5 times a week), and eating sensibly. I have found since working out regularly, plus taking a Biotin (a supplement), my "emotional eating" is curbed.... and I only eat when I NEED to, not just 'cause it's something to do.

Good luck!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies! Please see my weekly progress below - this helps me be *somewhat* accountable! :)

Last week's weight: 151.8
Current weight: 149.4

I'm happy with this! I hope I can keep this traction in the upcoming months!

How is everyone else doing?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1358476736|3358346 said:
Then, I developed a caffeine allergy :errrr:

OH MY GOODNESS, KILL ME IF THAT HAPPENS! I would cry forever if I couldn't have caffeine! I really miss coke, wa wa wa.

So I guess I'm trying to loose up to 10 pounds. I don't have a scale, but stepped on my parents during the weekend for the first time in a few months and got a fright! Then I put my bathing suit on for the first time this Summer. :shock: I'm not entirely sure how to approach this, but here we go.

Pounds to go: 10

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1359407884|3365779 said:

OH MY GOODNESS, KILL ME IF THAT HAPPENS! I would cry forever if I couldn't have caffeine! I really miss coke, wa wa wa.

So I guess I'm trying to loose up to 10 pounds. I don't have a scale, but stepped on my parents during the weekend for the first time in a few months and got a fright! Then I put my bathing suit on for the first time this Summer. :shock: I'm not entirely sure how to approach this, but here we go.

I cried, no lie. I was so devastated.

Good luck with the 10 lbs, Chewy! It's tough, but you can do it!

And luckyerialc.... I wish there was progress on my end. Unfortunately, I've plateaued. I keep bouncing between 119.6 and 121.4. So frustrating.

However, I did run a 10k (well, on the treadmill) on Friday. Non-stop! It was actually more, I logged 6.43 miles. It was insane... I don't think I'll be able to do that ever again. :lol:
I was so impressed with myself, and being a smoker and all. I just had so much energy, I didn't want to stop.

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
MBKRH|1359428729|3366049 said:
Chewbacca|1359407884|3365779 said:

I cried, no lie. I was so devastated.

Good luck with the 10 lbs, Chewy! It's tough, but you can do it!

And luckyerialc.... I wish there was progress on my end. Unfortunately, I've plateaued. I keep bouncing between 119.6 and 121.4. So frustrating.

However, I did run a 10k (well, on the treadmill) on Friday. Non-stop! It was actually more, I logged 6.43 miles. It was insane... I don't think I'll be able to do that ever again. :lol:
I was so impressed with myself, and being a smoker and all. I just had so much energy, I didn't want to stop.

A 10k?! That's amazing!! I actually signed-up for a 10k race in early April. I went on the treadmill for the first time in a longgg time last night. Let's just say I could barely make it through a mile. I wish I had your endurance!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I will definitely need to keep consistently training if I want to make it through the entire thing!

What is your overall goal weight?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said, I was shocked. I've got a couple of 5K races under my belt, plus two Warrior Dashes (which are 3.25 miles)... but I've never attempted a 10K, treadmill or real race.
I started out, got to 5k and was like, "Hmmm, let's see if I can beat my record (4.21 mi)." So then from there was like "let's go for 4.5,..... how 'bout 5..... well sh*t, at this point let's go for a 10k!" :lol: It'll be a l-o-n-g time before I attempt that again (if ever!)

That's great that you signed up for a 10k race! I'd like to attempt it.... maybe someday, and when I have extra cash to do it. Those darn races are sooooo expensive. :cry:

My GW is 115. I'm small boned, and 5'4.... so it's a realistic weight, I'm not trying to starve myself! :lol: It's hard though- I LOVE FOOD!!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! Just wanted to check-in. Unfortunately I haven't had any progress in the last week. Thankfully I didn't gain but stayed consistent. I'm hoping i'll have some better news to share later this week (although I doubt last night's super bowl party will be helping...). :tongue:

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Getting in on this action. I'm less about a goal weight and more about non-scale goals. Mine now is to run a 5 mile Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving with my sister. BUT I'm hopeful that if I eat healthy(-ish) along with the running, I'll start to shed some poundage and get my BMI under control.

Current weight: 175.6 lb (BMI=29)
Goal weight: 140 (BMI=23)

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!!! I can't believe I missed this thread!!! Ahh! I'm all about bootcamp thread. :bigsmile: I've started a new work out routine! I am determined to get back to the weight from when I first met my SO. I started a new work out routine (small steps... for now) and will post an update on here on pounds lost every 3 weeks. I want to get a head start on the weight loss for wedding time! I'm hopeful the wedding will be Fall 2014 after we get engaged this Spring.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been on a scale since I last posted, I'll have to remember next time I visit my parents. BUT, I have noticed an ENORMOUS difference in my skin since I've been drinking less soda! I have had a spotty chin for years and years, and now its completely clear. :appl:

I've had one can a week since I 'stopped'. I used to drink a 42 ounce cup from Wendys every day! :errrr:

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1361232363|3383625 said:
I haven't been on a scale since I last posted, I'll have to remember next time I visit my parents. BUT, I have noticed an ENORMOUS difference in my skin since I've been drinking less soda! I have had a spotty chin for years and years, and now its completely clear. :appl:

I've had one can a week since I 'stopped'. I used to drink a 42 ounce cup from Wendys every day! :errrr:

YAY! That's incredible - it's always so great to literally see the progress! :D

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay so I am totally copying Ms. Audball and her postings in the BWW weight loss thread but I need some accountability for these last 25+ pounds... they are not coming off as easy as the first.

Here goes!

Highest weight: 189 (3/11/13)
Goal: 135

7/8/2013: 162.8

To be continued next Monday....

Anyone want to join me? :appl:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
antiquesparkler said:
Okay so I am totally copying Ms. Audball and her postings in the BWW weight loss thread but I need some accountability for these last 25+ pounds... they are not coming off as easy as the first.

Here goes!

I will join you! I need to be accountable... It's easy to be lazy when no one is looking :oops:

Last week I was at 188 lbs. Now I'm 183, thanks to starting a Whole30 at the beginning of the month. I had a little mishap the other night with friends being over and offering me a glass (or 3) of champagne after a 10 hour workday, and I'm still feeling crummy from that: I won't be doing that again for a while... But in general it's going pretty well for me.

My goal weight (for now) is about 150. I'm 5'5" and I have HUGE boobs (no matter how much or how little I weigh), so even though 150 sounds like kind of a high goal, it's actually perfect for my body type. For me that's size 6. So I'd like to try to lose that 30 pounds by the end of the year if possible. Right now I'm stuck with wearing the same 5 or so outfits to work and I'm tired of wearing my "fat" clothes. Time to work it off. I really, really want to join the crossfit gym nearby, but I also have the Insanity DVDs and haven't been using them, so I think I should do the 60 days and then join the gym if I can train myself to work out regularly-- no point in spending that $150 a month unless I know I'm able to work out.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet|1373311257|3479228 said:
antiquesparkler said:

Here goes!

I will join you! I need to be accountable... It's easy to be lazy when no one is looking :oops:

Last week I was at 188 lbs. Now I'm 183, thanks to starting a Whole30 at the beginning of the month. I had a little mishap the other night with friends being over and offering me a glass (or 3) of champagne after a 10 hour workday, and I'm still feeling crummy from that: I won't be doing that again for a while... But in general it's going pretty well for me.

My goal weight (for now) is about 150. I'm 5'5" and I have HUGE boobs (no matter how much or how little I weigh), so even though 150 sounds like kind of a high goal, it's actually perfect for my body type. For me that's size 6. So I'd like to try to lose that 30 pounds by the end of the year if possible. Right now I'm stuck with wearing the same 5 or so outfits to work and I'm tired of wearing my "fat" clothes. Time to work it off. I really, really want to join the crossfit gym nearby, but I also have the Insanity DVDs and haven't been using them, so I think I should do the 60 days and then join the gym if I can train myself to work out regularly-- no point in spending that $150 a month unless I know I'm able to work out.

My goal should actually be about 145 as I also have huge boobs. :lol: I think 145-150 is about a size 6 for me. I would love to be just a tad thinner though because I think some will creep back on in the winter when I can't be outside as much (I live in the midwest).

I would love to try Cross fit. I have been eating Paleo for about 4 months and I am feeling pretty good. :bigsmile:

Yay for holding eachother accountable! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results