shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks star sparkle!! :)

ILS - you are doing FABULOUS! 44 lbs is A LOT! Be proud of yourself! 10lbs per month is a good yet challenging goal. As you get smaller, remember that it'll be harder to lose 10lbs in the same amount of time as 10lbs becomes a much larger percentage of weight the smaller you get. Either way, I think if you focus and work hard that you can reach your birthday goal!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Down 8.5....! Another 6.5 before I get to my mini-goal of 15. Of course, something to keep in mind is that Im pretty large right now. I DO remember being very thin and every pound lost was an INCREDIBLE victory because it would take time and all sorts of commitment. Right now, I am sacrificing, thats for sure, but I feel like I am losing at a good rate. Its officially 3 weeks today since I started and Im close to 3lb/wk.

I am considering making some long term goals but it is so hard to project HOW you will lose weight. I know where I want to be...but still...

One day, when I am semi-ok w my current weight, I will post all my weight info. Kudos to you ladies for having the guts to put it all out there :(sad

Projection

Mini goal - lose 15 by 9/20 ...lost 8.5/15 so far. 6.5# in 2 weeks is tough but doable, esp since I have motivation!
Next goal - lose 30 total by 10/21 - this is going to be intense. Suspect I will have to start exercising (though our school softball league is starting up so maybe not much more in addition to that).
Next goal - have lost 40 total by Thanksgiving, on 11/22 this year.

...not sure how things will go around the holidays, etc... imagine weight loss willl have slowed considerably at this point.
Ultimate goal, be down to goal weight by March 1 - Will have to have lost ~64.

If we're lucky, I'll be sizing down my e-ring somewhere along the way :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way To Go! That's great for 3 weeks! 6.5 more in 2 weeks will be challenging, but you can do it if you put your mind to it! And girl, I've seen your pictures, I wouldn't describe you as "large" by any means. You have nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed about. I feel more comfortable putting my numbers out there because I feel like it gives me more support from you guys and helps keep me accountable for where I'm at and where I'm going. Nobody will judge you if you post your numbers, but you certainly don't have to until you're comfortable!

Andrew and I are going to weigh in on Sunday. I'm dying to know where I'm at so he's agreed to let us check in. It'll be three full weeks from our last weigh in so I'm hoping to see a decent number! I'll check in on Sunday!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Wow you ladies are so amazing!! I like to put my numbers up because like audball said, it keeps me way more accountable. And I know you all said you wish you were 148, but trust me, I am not thin by any means. I am barely 5'4" and most of my weight is fat and jiggle, no muscle. :( So, I feel like I look bigger than some other people who may weigh the same as me, but have a lot of muscle.

Sorry I didn't check in on Monday. I think Thursdays are going to be my official weigh in day. I would have updated sooner, but this week was the first week I had kiddos in my classroom. Twenty four 3 and 4 year olds on the first day of school equals absolute craziness!! I am TIRED!! I weighed in on Thursday the same as last week 148. I need to get on a better schedule for exercising. The food part is going great. It's just so hard to find time to work out, especially during the first week of class. Next week should be better.

Keep up the good work everyone!! Audball, I'm so excited to hear what you weigh in! I know how exciting that number can really be. I think a weigh in now will be good for you. That way, if your number isn't as low as you expected, you can tweak what you're doing before your October goal.

Oh and one last thing, I have not had a coke since Tuesday! I lurked earlier this week when I didn't have time to post and you all reminded me just how unhealthy coke is for you. I am not a huge coke drinker, but I have been drinking at least one a day recently. I have gone months and months without coke before, so I know I can do it now.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I totally get you MF. I'm only 5'2" and I've got 25 lbs on you still! I know that even at 148 that I won't be where I need to be and will still be quite overweight, but it IS 25 lbs closer than I am now!! :naughty:

I'm sure you'll get into your groove with your kids soon MF. Takes time! At least you get the exercise of running around after them all day!
I am stoked about weigh in tomorrow, I'm dying to know where I am. I will for sure come back and share tomorrow!

And YAY!! I love that we're having a quit drinking soda movement over here!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Alrighty...so we weighed in this morning. It has been exactly 3 weeks since our last weigh in.

On August 19th I weighed 173.6 and Andrew weighed 243.6. Andrew did AMAZING. I'm not as happy about my figure. He lost 12.6 lbs in the last three weeks getting him down to 231 (his 10/7 goal is 225 so he's CLOSE!). I weighed in at 166, so 7.6 lbs down. I was expecting between 8-10 so I was surprisingly upset this morning. I know in the past after the initial big loss of the first week or two, that I lose 1.5 lbs/wk pretty consistently. We have 4 weeks to go and I'm 8lbs from my goal. I know it's going to be close and I'm afraid that I'm going to miss it by 2-3 lbs.

192.8: Highest Weight
166.0: Weight 9/09

26.8: Loss To Date
08.0: Pounds Left Until Goal 1 (158 by 10/7)

In my head I thought I was doing better than I have the last three weeks and I'd started thinking of what my next goal may be. I really thought I stood a strong chance of getting down to 155 or a little less but I'm not so sure now. I was kind of hoping to be at 50lbs lost by my birthday (early December). 142.8 would be 50lbs down and that feels so far away.

ETA: again for reference, I'm 5'2" and Andrew is 6'3".

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You are all doing so well! You are so disciplined! I hope it rubs off on me. :twirl:

I did no Coca-Cola Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then I fell off the wagon. Back on it today (Monday)!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
OMG youre doing great audball!!!

...jelly!

I have been up and down. I was down 8.7 on my official weigh-in day (yesterday) but then was up from there today. its all so weird. I just need to get off my period and maybe exercise.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1347247848|3265024 said:
You are all doing so well! You are so disciplined! I hope it rubs off on me. :twirl:

I did no Coca-Cola Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Then I fell off the wagon. Back on it today (Monday)!
One day at a time. You CAN do it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1347285177|3265159 said:
OMG youre doing great audball!!!

...jelly!

I have been up and down. I was down 8.7 on my official weigh-in day (yesterday) but then was up from there today. its all so weird. I just need to get off my period and maybe exercise.
Thanks LJL :)

I here ya...I think I need to start incorporating some exercise to keep things moving in the right direction.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I don't want to weigh in today, I haven't actually picked a weigh in date... I was a bit sick last week and didn't really eat anything for a day, but I'm sure that I haven't lost anything, I've been super busy lately... I really want to get out and go walking everyday (I should just bite the bullet and go walking on my 30 min lunch break at work, maybe I'll do that today), I'm luckly if I get one day of walking in right now... and I've been slacking on my morning routine and no junk food... I need to be bite in the butt and get motivated...

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1347293172|3265240 said:
I don't want to weigh in today, I haven't actually picked a weigh in date... I was a bit sick last week and didn't really eat anything for a day, but I'm sure that I haven't lost anything, I've been super busy lately... I really want to get out and go walking everyday (I should just bite the bullet and go walking on my 30 min lunch break at work, maybe I'll do that today), I'm luckly if I get one day of walking in right now... and I've been slacking on my morning routine and no junk food... I need to be bite in the butt and get motivated...
Pick your weigh in date so we can help keep you accountable! I sometimes dread weigh ins too, but you really just have to bite the bullet, step on the scale and face facts. Good luck with the extra walking! The weather is FINALLY starting to turn to late summer nights here in FL where it's not COMPLETELY AND UNBEARABLY hot, so we'll be trying to incorporate more walks at night as well.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I really need to be exercising too. But its just.. not fun for me. I wish I had a treadmill so I could watch movies while I walked/ran! :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1347322093|3265639 said:
I really need to be exercising too. But its just.. not fun for me. I wish I had a treadmill so I could watch movies while I walked/ran! :lol:
My campus gym has personal 9" TVs in every exercise machine hooked up to cable. Awesome. But their hours SUCK, I can never get in when I need/want to. And last year I moved into a private condo rental and there is not a gym here either. Not to mention that Andrew and I just aren't workout fiends and never will be. We try to take several long walks when the weather is nice. Swim in the evenings at community pool, that sort of thing. Bleh.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
ok, weigh in day for me will be Tuesday morning... so here it goes...

230: highest weight
186: last weigh in
184.5: current weight
1.5: down from last weigh in

175: Goal #1 (by Sept 30)
165: Goal #2 (by Oct 31)
155: Goal #3 (by Nov 30)
150: Goal #4 (by Dec 31)
145: Goal #5 (by Jan 15)
141: Goal #6 (by Jan 31 -my 29th Birthday)

45.5: loss to date
9.5: pounds until goal #1
43.5: weight to lose

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
.... my mother bought be a treadmill...

It has been used maybe 5-8 times since I got it in the beginning of this year. :shock: :shock: :shock:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I really dislike treadmills. But I think I'd use an elliptical if I had one.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
i had an elliptical, gave it to my mom, now i miss it... :(

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1347404454|3266314 said:
i had an elliptical, gave it to my mom, now i miss it... :(
I got to really liking it. It definitely isn't as hard on the knees as running which I preferred.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
i also prefer running, but I hurt my foot about 2 years ago and had to stop until it healed. Once it was healed my knees started acting up (probably because of the 10 pound weight gain). I'm trying to lose some weight before I attempt to start running again. :) I can't wait until I can put on my running shoes and start running again!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I used to be an elliptical addict. I could get on there for hours, probably still could as long as I had something to entertain me. That's why I loved my old gym. They had a movie room that had treadmills and ellipticals and cardio equipment galor. If they were showing a movie I liked, I could literally stay in there for the entire length of the movie.

I also really liked running. I need to get back into it because it really does wonders for me in terms of my body shape. Plus, it just feels amazing to say that I can run more than a mile :)

So for this week, I weighed in at 147.5. A half pound loss is a loss just the same. I haven't had a coke all week! So, it's been since 11 days since I have had one. I almost drank one on Friday, but I didn't want to stop my streak! :lol:

I have officially cancelled my gym membership. Although we haven't moved yet, we are trying to cut expenses as much as possible and that was one of the first things that needed to go. My mom has an elliptical I can use and I can always run outside. The weather is perfect for it right now. I have been thinking about starting a low carb diet. I read something on it the other day that talked about how low carb diets can really help you cut fat and reduce your risk for diabetes. I have always been a carb maniac though, so I don't know if I will be able to adjust to it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way to go on the loss AND staying away from soda MF!! I hope the house stuff starts coming together soon. Definitely take advantage of the nice weather while it lasts and spend some time outside. We're itching for Fall here in FL...

As for going low-carb...Andrew and I are doing just that and it's been working wonderfully. It's surprisingly not as hard as I thought it would be. The first 2 weeks were the toughest as you essentially withdraw from all the carbs. Believe me, we're total carb junkies too, but I like that it's less about calorie counting and you can eat until you're full by just staying within your carb limits. At the end of the day on a low fat diet, if you're out of calories, your'e out of calories. On low-carb/Atkins, there are plenty of zero carb foods you can snack on if you're still hungry. We're mostly following the Atkins approach, thought there are a few foods that are "Phase 2" foods that we use while mostly following "Phase 1". The Atkins website has all the information about the phases and allowable foods for free on their website. I'm here if you have questions! Good luck!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Weighed in this morning. Couldn't stand not knowing. Last week I weighed in at 166 even (exactly 8 lbs from Goal 1 with 4 weeks to go). I needed to lose 2lbs/wk to get there. I knew that I normally lose about 1.5lbs/wk which is exactly what happened. I weighed in today at 164.4. Details below.

192.8: Highest Weight
164.4: Weight 9/16

28.4: Loss To Date
06.4: Pounds Left Until Goal 1 (158 by 10/7)

So that means I need to lose a hair over 2lbs/wk over the next three weeks to hit my goal. A pretty tall order...I try and remind myself of two things to keep me perked up.

1) this time last year I was at 166 and change and I remember that because I really wanted to get to 165 before meeting Andrew's family (last September). I didn't quite make it. So at 164.4, I am lower than I was this time last year. Small victory.

2) I set the goal of 158 because my lowest weight in the last 6 years was 158.8 (December 2010). My intention of setting the goal at 158 was to get below my previous lowest AND KEEP GOING. So if I can weigh in on 10/7 and see something below 158.8, I'll be ecstatic, even if it isn't 158 even.

Andrew and I talked about our progress and agreed that putting date deadlines on our weight loss is a little stressful. I think after the 10/7 deadline, we are just going to move forward by focusing on 10 pounds at a time and celebrating each loss for what it is. He constantly reminds me that we are doing this to get healthy, not to be skinny. One day at a time.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Youre doing GREAT audball!

...on the other hand... GUESS WHO ISNT GOING TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR THEIR GOAL!??!? thats right, this girl. I have been up and down the same 1.5# this whole last week, its pretty frustrating. Im attributing it to some sort of mini-plateau. suxxxx.

but congrats to everyone on their progress this week - whether weight goals or life goals!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LJL. I'm sorry you're not going to reach your first mini-goal. I'm preparing myself for the same. You just have to power through the plateau and keep going. You will get there. Don't forget that!

I think, like I said up there, I'm going to stop putting date deadlines on progress. It just makes it too stressful. I don't work any more/less hard because of an arbitrary deadline. I stay focused but the idea of the looming deadline stresses me out. Stress definitely doesn't help with weight loss progress. Try and focus on 5-10 lbs at a time. Celebrate that loss. Then move on to the next 5-10 lbs. You'll hit goal.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got over my plateau! Still wont reach the minigoal unless I drop another 5 in like 3 days :) but whatevs, I just need to keep going!

I am down 9.7 now from my highest weight on 8/17, so Im doing a little less than 10# a month, thats super solid IMHO. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If I can keep this up, I might actually look hot for our spring break cruise.

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1347978313|3270194 said:
Finally got over my plateau! Still wont reach the minigoal unless I drop another 5 in like 3 days :) but whatevs, I just need to keep going!

I am down 9.7 now from my highest weight on 8/17, so Im doing a little less than 10# a month, thats super solid IMHO. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

If I can keep this up, I might actually look hot for our spring break cruise.
Woot! Congrats!! Who care about the mini goal at this point. You've almost lost 10 lbs! Celebrate that and work on the next 10. Spring Break will be awesome!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
lol down 10.1 as of today. I feel good about it. The minigoal isnt that important, Im just sad with myself for not starting this sooner really. oh well !!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1348064304|3270829 said:
lol down 10.1 as of today. I feel good about it. The minigoal isnt that important, Im just sad with myself for not starting this sooner really. oh well !!!
Woot! 10 lbs/month is a good steady loss. You'll get there, just keep moving forward!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1348066386|3270874 said:
LJL|1348064304|3270829 said:
Woot! 10 lbs/month is a good steady loss. You'll get there, just keep moving forward!

yup, I said to my sis today "just chuggin along" and she said "chuggin WATER" .... :bigsmile: silly sis.

.....the weekend is almost here... .aka delicious food and booze are almost here!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results