shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
audball - can I say how jealous I am that you lost so much weight/finger weight? I want your little fingers! And I wouldnt mind having lost ~20 lbs. Personally I weigh every day. I think it cuts down on the anxiousness and it really lets you know where you are. Somedays you need to see that you gained 0.2lbs (so small but its a gain) to slap yourself and get back on the wagon. My "official" weigh-ins are Sundays but I do it every morning. ...and how nice that Andrew is a part of this with you! My SO lost a bit of weight this summer just because he had a 40-50/hr a week job so he wasnt home and eating - he will also surely be losing weight now that I am cutting back.. but hes kinda THAT person who is naturally slim. He hasn't been UNsupportive of me (because he knows how sad I was after the doctor) but it would be nice to be like a team :bigsmile:

ILS - good for you and your positivity! I think maybe I need to think like that more! At my smallest ever I was 126.4 lbs. YES I know it EXACTLY - so maybe I can tell myself that Ive been THERE? lol Im happy for your weight loss so far and Im sure you'll get to that goal!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hi LJL! Yes, I have lost some finer weight apparently! My 6 1/8 is definitely too big when it fit perfectly when it got here in May. It's hotter now too so I know it's definitely too big. I'm proud of the 20 lbs so far, but I know I have a lot still to go! I haven't pegged down my goal weight yet, but I know I have at least a total of minimum 55 to lose, IDEALLY I'd love to lose 75 total (putting me at 118ish?), but I'd be happy to get down 65-70 and be in the 125-130 range (I'm 5'2" for reference).

I agree to some extent about the daily weighing. That used to be my philosophy too, but I'd completely beat myself up over small things like a .2lb gain when realistically you did use the bathroom, or ate later in the day or any other number of reasons it was slightly up instead of down. We're just over a week in and we both can tell on each other that we lost weight last week, we don't know how much, but I'm trying to be okay with that. I know it's working and I feel better. After the 10/7 weigh in, idk if we'll get back to weekly weigh ins or maybe every other week? Things just happen and I always got SO upset if I didn't see a loss every single week. And even if I did, it wouldn't be "good enough". I'm trying to shift focus to the big picture of wanting to lose at least 5 lbs per month. I think less weigh ins will help me see that picture than everyday.

Andrew isn't naturally thing, he's a tall guy (6'3") and weighed around 260 when we met. When we started he was in the low 250s. He'd lost nearly 10lbs just by eating at home with me (not even necessarily good, healthy food) instead of eating out a lot. So he's down about the same as me and would like to get to around 200 as an initial goal. He may like to go as low as 180 depending on how it's going and how we're feeling. It really is great doing it together. We talk each other down from cravings and build each other up when we're successful. It also helps because neither of us want crap in the house so it just isn't there to eat. We go grocery shopping together too so that we help make sure we don't cave and buy something we shouldn't eat.

We can all do this. Together. It's TOTALLY better than trying to lose it after we're already engaged. Too much other stress will take over then. I want to enjoy dress shopping. I want to proudly say I need X size and have it at least be a single digit! I love you're philosophy about reminding yourself that you've *been* there. I use to weigh 115 lbs. I could be there again!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I'm starting to prepare for my weight loss... I've made a "DO IT DAILY" schedule for my morning routine:

20 jumping jacks
10 crunches
5 push-ups
10 calf raises
25 russian twists
10 squats
20 high knees
10 reverse crunches
30 second plank
15 second side plank

repeat:

and I'll be doing a no "JUNK FOOD" month - I did it back in June and I was the healthiest I've ever been, but the routine got away from me, and I'm ready to start it up again...

No chocolate
No candy
No biscuits or cookies or muffins (unless bran)
No cake (that means cupcakes too) or donuts
No pastries
No white bread or white pasta
No chips
No fast food
No nutella or peanut butter or other naughty spreads (butter)
No ice-cream
No alcohol
No added (excessive amounts) salt
No soda (diet or regular)

It's a lot of "NO's" but it's worth it.... Also I try to walk 14-20 miles a week.

audball

Ideal_Rock
That is hardcore ILS!

I haven't figured out what I'm going to do for exercise yet. I'm on the diet train with food though. We're cutting lots of things too, though not quite as extreme as you. We're essentially doing Atkins I guess? We're primarily eating lots of protein and vegetables which has cut out carbs almost entirely. We're not eating sugar, bread, pasta, sweets, fast food, soda, etc. It's surprisingly not been that difficult.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
oh yes, there is a no Fast Food either... I would love for my boyfriend to join in on the fun... i might be able to get him to exercise, but no way will i cut out his beer and fast food (he is on the road a lot, i really should be better at making him a lunch in the morning)

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1346265717|3259292 said:
oh yes, there is a no Fast Food either... I would love for my boyfriend to join in on the fun... i might be able to get him to exercise, but no way will i cut out his beer and fast food (he is on the road a lot, i really should be better at making him a lunch in the morning)
I'm so glad Andrew is doing it with me. I don't know if I'd have the strength to not eat all the crap that was in the house if he weren't.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I buy almost all the food, and I've been good at keeping it healthy for the most part... I'm actually in the process of trying to figure out what I'm allergic too, last month I tested Dairy products (it was it), this month I'm going to try for egg products, and so on until I figure it out, as my doctor won't give me a allergy test, he said the best way to find out is by trial and error... which kind of stinks as I'm tired of being congested all the time and regular over the counter allergy pills don't work (dr said that it's a food allergy and not an airbone one, he said that he could tell by my stringy mucus buildup in my nasel cavity, I'm assuming he's correct as he is the dr). I've been suffering since November last year.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ready to get things started again!

HW: 162
CW: 150 (??? Not exactly sure, I will weigh myself tomorrow to find out a more exact number)
GW: Somewhere in the 120-130 range.

Loss to date: 12lb
Loss to go: 20-30lb

I had been running and generally doing mostly cardio. Now, I'm definitely going to be getting back into running, spinning and the elliptical for as long as I can keep my gym membership. When we move, it will be too far away. I have also really been interested in the Tap Out workout DVD. It looks pretty much the same as P90X, but doesn't involve nearly as much equipment. I may try it in a month or so, after I have gotten used to exercising again.

As for food, I generally try to stay in a calorie range using MyFitnessPal. I don't drink cokes and limit alcohol to the weekends and in moderation. I also focus on eating healthier foods, like fruits and vegetables, but don't cut anything out.

I weigh in on Mondays and will try to update here before going to teach every week. I know it's not good to give yourself a date to lose the weight by, but I would really like to be down 15 pounds by Halloween and then drop the other 5-15 pounds by the end of the year.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Current weight is 148!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay MF! SOOO glad to see you weigh less than you thought! I'd KILL to weigh 148 right now!! :appl:
Utilize that gym membership while you have it! Last year I moved to a private rental and it doesn't have a gym. I love my place and it's great for what I'm paying, but it's sad not to have a gym on site that's free. Working out at home is more convenient but not always easier. I weigh in Sunday mornings and will check in weekly even though we're not weighing in until 10/7. I can tell you all how I'm feeling and whether we had successful food weeks, etc. I'm so glad to see this thread livening back up! Support one another :)

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I would die to be 148 now too :) (which is probs what it would take, some sort of dismemberment!)
My weigh ins are Sundays but my unofficial loss to date (since 8/17) is 5.9#. If I lose ~2-3lbs a week, I will be more than happy. I understand this is a long a$$ journey, it just sucks! I really cant believe that I let my weight get this out of control... I will never NOT use the scale again. I think that I could possibly make close to my ultimate goal by the end of this year but that would be generous. What I really NEED to lose weight for, like definitely, is our Spring Break Cruise in March (and law school graduation, probs engagement pics, all that shit that happens next year early-ish) I think that I can make my goal pretty easily by then....easy HAH!

I have a treadmill at home and Im so bad at using it (havent since we moved back Aug15)... we have free fitness classes at our school gym but its really inaccessible and the times are weird. I wish that there was a better option!

Be good this weekend, ladies! It will be very tempting.... I will be going to visit SO's family with him, which will be fun :bigsmile: I genuinely like them so thats good. But they are not diet-type ppl. I think Ive said before he is pretty naturally slim and his family has never been the type to think of calories - so diff from my family! Any of whom could tell you the caloric value of anything in the house! SIGHHHHH

audball

Ideal_Rock
That's kind of my thought too LJL. I want to be down by the end of the year and am working hard to make that happen, but I know it's not necessarily realistic so I'm trying to take it just a week at a time.

I'm still hoping for a Christmas proposal so I'd LOVE to be able to do quick engagement pictures while lights and such are still up, but I don't want to be overweight in my pictures! Motivation!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I still haven't jumped on a scale... T and I are going on a weekend camping/fishing trip so I'm hoping that it'll put me at a nice starting point for Sept. We hope to catch and eat fish all weekend :) yummy!!! we'll also do a little bing shopping (I'm pretty sure we are just looking still though, he needs to get a credit card - he's never had one).

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1346351222|3259899 said:
I still haven't jumped on a scale... T and I are going on a weekend camping/fishing trip so I'm hoping that it'll put me at a nice starting point for Sept. We hope to catch and eat fish all weekend :) yummy!!! we'll also do a little bing shopping (I'm pretty sure we are just looking still though, he needs to get a credit card - he's never had one).
I remember when we decided to hardcore restart and get more serious that I was TERRIFIED of what the scale would say. Thankfully it was only 5.6lbs heavier than the last time I had weighed in, which while disappointing, was not half as bad as I expected. Yay for camping/fish! And even better that you may get to go bling shopping!!!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to drop in and say gooooood luck to all you gorgeous LIW's!! I started my weight loss journey prior to being engaged and it was sooo nice to look and feel good once the engagement came and we did our engagement photos. Dress shopping was a pleasant experience, which before I started losing weight I wouldn't have thought possible!

I ultimately lost 35ish pounds (give or take a couple lbs depending on the day and what I ate that weekend), but I've been maintaining this weight for the past 6 months or so and even continue to lose, albeit in super tiny increments. I weighed myself last night and was down like 1.5 pounds from when I officially decided I wasn't going to try to lose anymore, so that's nice.

Now I'm a little stressed because I purchased my dress and I have like no wiggle room to gain weight with the size that was ordered for me (4), so I feel the pressure to keep it off until the wedding. Luckily that is only 5 months away, so not too long, but still. Before if I gained a couple pounds or whatever it wasn't a big deal, I'd just focus on losing it again ASAP. But now I have a dress that I HAVE to fit into, so it's messing with my head. I'm dreading Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's for all the food temptations, but hopefully since my wedding is just around the corner I'll be able to resist the vast majority.

If any of you are curious or interested, I lost my weight by following the Zone diet. It was so easy (FI did it with me), and the weight literally just melted off. A few of my coworkers had done it and the weight loss range was 40-70 pounds, so with so many success stories around me I figured I'd give it a try. And voila, it worked for me too! Best part? No exercise required. :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1346435076|3260440 said:
Just wanted to drop in and say gooooood luck to all you gorgeous LIW's!! I started my weight loss journey prior to being engaged and it was sooo nice to look and feel good once the engagement came and we did our engagement photos. Dress shopping was a pleasant experience, which before I started losing weight I wouldn't have thought possible!

I ultimately lost 35ish pounds (give or take a couple lbs depending on the day and what I ate that weekend), but I've been maintaining this weight for the past 6 months or so and even continue to lose, albeit in super tiny increments. I weighed myself last night and was down like 1.5 pounds from when I officially decided I wasn't going to try to lose anymore, so that's nice.

Now I'm a little stressed because I purchased my dress and I have like no wiggle room to gain weight with the size that was ordered for me (4), so I feel the pressure to keep it off until the wedding. Luckily that is only 5 months away, so not too long, but still. Before if I gained a couple pounds or whatever it wasn't a big deal, I'd just focus on losing it again ASAP. But now I have a dress that I HAVE to fit into, so it's messing with my head. I'm dreading Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's for all the food temptations, but hopefully since my wedding is just around the corner I'll be able to resist the vast majority.

If any of you are curious or interested, I lost my weight by following the Zone diet. It was so easy (FI did it with me), and the weight literally just melted off. A few of my coworkers had done it and the weight loss range was 40-70 pounds, so with so many success stories around me I figured I'd give it a try. And voila, it worked for me too! Best part? No exercise required. :lol:
:appl: You are amazing ss! You can get through all the holidays, I'm sure! It'll be hard, but it'll be worth it to fit in your beautiful dress and feel gorgeous on your wedding day!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You ladies are all seriously inspiring!

I think this thread could be the kick up the bum I've been needing! I don't own scales, but as soon as I get on them I think I'll be joining in. My biggest vice is SODA by far. I love the stuff! :errrr: My tummy is definitely a soda-belly (like beer-belly!).

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1346623739|3261469 said:

I think this thread could be the kick up the bum I've been needing! I don't own scales, but as soon as I get on them I think I'll be joining in. My biggest vice is SODA by far. I love the stuff! :errrr: My tummy is definitely a soda-belly (like beer-belly!).
Your post really struck home with me! I gave up soda entirely 2 years ago. My "annviersary" is August 16th.
The first year I had absolutely NO soda of any kind whatsoever. Not by itself, not diet, not in mixed drinks or punch...nada.
The second year I let myself have an occasional diet soda that wasn't dark in color (like diet 7up or diet Sunkist...my two faves). My drink of choice before quitting was regular Coca Cola. The dark sodas like diet coke, etc just DO NOT taste good to me since the real deal was like my crack...seriously. I was drinking in excess of 1,000 calories PER DAY in soda. That first year without changing ANYTHING else, I dropped 35lbs. It's hard to quit. Seriously. I had caffeine withdrawal headaches for months and I thought the cravings would never stop, but they did. You can do it! I've stopped drinking it as much in the last year, but that first year I had to find a substitute so that I didn't feel deprived. I drank a TON of Powerade Zero (grape is my favorite flavor). It's hard but so worth it! Good luck in quitting! I know how hard it is.

audball

Ideal_Rock
My weekly update: we did great with food this week. We tried two new vegetables with dinner. One was a great success (spaghetti squash!) and the other we're still trying to decide if we liked (yellow squash recipe we got on allreceipes.com). Both were good and we'll likely do them both again. Neither of us are big veggie eaters so we're trying to add at least one new vegetable a week just to see what we may like! Neither of us cheated at all and stayed 100% on plan.

I was SOOOOOO tempted to weigh in the morning. I'm dying to know how we're doing! But Andrew keeps reminding me that we agreed to wait to weigh in until 10/7....I just don't know if I can wait that long! After talking lots this morning, he said if we're feeling really anxious that we can talk about weighing in next week. We're both dying to know where we're at but we also want to stick to the original plan...we'll see how it goes!

Best of luck this week ladies! We have a Labor Day BBQ tomorrow...we have to be good! Wish us luck!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1346624132|3261474 said:
Chewbacca|1346623739|3261469 said:

Your post really struck home with me! I gave up soda entirely 2 years ago. My "annviersary" is August 16th.
The first year I had absolutely NO soda of any kind whatsoever. Not by itself, not diet, not in mixed drinks or punch...nada.
The second year I let myself have an occasional diet soda that wasn't dark in color (like diet 7up or diet Sunkist...my two faves). My drink of choice before quitting was regular Coca Cola. The dark sodas like diet coke, etc just DO NOT taste good to me since the real deal was like my crack...seriously. I was drinking in excess of 1,000 calories PER DAY in soda. That first year without changing ANYTHING else, I dropped 35lbs. It's hard to quit. Seriously. I had caffeine withdrawal headaches for months and I thought the cravings would never stop, but they did. You can do it! I've stopped drinking it as much in the last year, but that first year I had to find a substitute so that I didn't feel deprived. I drank a TON of Powerade Zero (grape is my favorite flavor). It's hard but so worth it! Good luck in quitting! I know how hard it is.

This made me tear up a bit! Clearly it hits home. My drink of choice is also regular Coca Cola. Aside from tummy, I also worry for my health in general, and teeth!! It is an all round terrible habit. I have gone for say one year, or for a few months etc without drinking it, but always gone back. Recently I was in a great rhythm of having ONE soda per week, and I really looked forward to it, and it was great! I lost the tummy, and I felt so much better. The withdrawal headaches are the worst, I get so crabby. Its so damn habitual! I feel relieved just having one sitting next to me, even unopened. How sick is that!

PS. I am going to buy Powerade in the groceries this week! Thank you so much Audball.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1346625049|3261483 said:
This made me tear up a bit! Clearly it hits home. My drink of choice is also regular Coca Cola. Aside from tummy, I also worry for my health in general, and teeth!! It is an all round terrible habit. I have gone for say one year, or for a few months etc without drinking it, but always gone back. Recently I was in a great rhythm of having ONE soda per week, and I really looked forward to it, and it was great! I lost the tummy, and I felt so much better. The withdrawal headaches are the worst, I get so crabby. Its so damn habitual! I feel relieved just having one sitting next to me, even unopened. How sick is that!

PS. I am going to buy Powerade in the groceries this week! Thank you so much Audball.
Aww, hun, I hope it helps you! It really is terrible for you, your teeth, everything. I'd never gone without it and just decided one day that enough was enough and quit. It was hard. Really hard. But having a substitute made it better. I'm still not a huge fan of drinking plain water but I'm better about it now than I used to be. Powerade zero was my saving grace for sure. For what it's worth, I prefer it room temperature than cold. It has SO much more flavor at room temperature. I thought I'd miss the fizzyness, but that wasn't even it. I like flavored drinks and we ALWAYS had soda in my house growing up. Be strong, take it one day at a time. I knew with HOW MUCH I loved the stuff, that I couldn't have "just one" a day or "just one" a week. It was never just one. I had to just cut it out altogether and it's been wonderful.

I'm' here if you ever want to talk it out!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I love my diet coke :love: :love: :love: but actually havent had much of it since Ive been on WW. I tell myself that I have to meet my water quota for the day before I can have any. :(( :(( :((

Had a weird weekend - no tracking of points since I was out of town. I realized how hard it is to eat healthy when you arent in your element - was with SO's family.

Was supposed to weigh in this morning but couldnt since I wasnt at home. Will do it tomorrow.

Mini - goal.... to be down 15 total by 9/20. As of last time I weighed myself, I was down 6.9 so this COULD be possible lol.... of course its so arbitrary :lol: I need to get my sh*t together!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1346629328|3261509 said:
I love my diet coke :love: :love: :love: but actually havent had much of it since Ive been on WW. I tell myself that I have to meet my water quota for the day before I can have any. :(( :(( :((

Had a weird weekend - no tracking of points since I was out of town. I realized how hard it is to eat healthy when you arent in your element - was with SO's family.

Was supposed to weigh in this morning but couldnt since I wasnt at home. Will do it tomorrow.

Mini - goal.... to be down 15 total by 9/20. As of last time I weighed myself, I was down 6.9 so this COULD be possible lol.... of course its so arbitrary :lol: I need to get my sh*t together!
That's good! Diet soda isn't great for you either because it still has the caffeine, acidity, and IMO makes you crave bad foods more. But yay for not having so much of it!

Being with family and at parties really makes it tough. We have a Labor Day BBQ this afternoon and we're going to have our regular lunch before going so we'll be less hungry and tempted to eat the things there that we definitely shouldn't.

Good luck reaching your goal by 9/20! It'll be tough but it's doable!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
ughhhh BBQ = delishhhhhh

Goal is more doable since I actually weighed myself this morning and Im officially down 7.7 total, so I just have to do the same thing in the next 2 weeks as I did in the last two. Not TOO bad. of course even once I get there, I will have another ~45 left to go. But if I can do one 15, maybe I can do 3 more after that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck to everyone on this horrible day of holiday eating...!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1346685425|3261770 said:
ughhhh BBQ = delishhhhhh

Goal is more doable since I actually weighed myself this morning and Im officially down 7.7 total, so I just have to do the same thing in the next 2 weeks as I did in the last two. Not TOO bad. of course even once I get there, I will have another ~45 left to go. But if I can do one 15, maybe I can do 3 more after that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good luck to everyone on this horrible day of holiday eating...!!!
Seriously! We just ate our lunch before going and that should help us be good. WTG on the 7.7 so far! I'm with you, I have a ways to go too, we'll get there one step at a time! I'm trying to focus on 10lbs at a time, it makes it more manageable so you can TOTALLY do it 15 at a time!!! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Guess what blue coloured isotonic drink I have sitting on my desk at work today! :Up_to_something:

DAY ONE BEGINS!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1346704909|3261887 said:
Guess what blue coloured isotonic drink I have sitting on my desk at work today! :Up_to_something:

DAY ONE BEGINS!
You can do it! :) :) :)

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
today is my day number 1, and i though that I'd do something different... weigh myself in the evening before I go home from work (there is a really nice weight watchers scale in our kitchen right next to the snack bar.... makes me think twice before purchasing something, haha) I'm hoping not be up more than 10 pounds from my light of 178.. I'm really good at droping like 10-15 pounds in a month so that still would give me a reachable goal for the end of September of 175 (oh I'm 5'5, by the way), and then I'll only have 34 pounds till my "utlimate goal weight" i don't know why 141, it's just always been the number I want to be... :)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Keep up the good work, ladies!! :appl:

I also cut soda out of my life completely way back when I was in college. I wasn't a HUGE soda drinker at the time, but I enjoyed probably a few per week. Then one day I was just done with it, I think because I read something somewhere about how many calories per year you could cut out just by not drinking soda anymore.

It's probably been at least 7 years since then, and now I'll have one every 2-3 months. I don't miss it, and I actually feel sick if I have a whole one.

FI used to drink at least a couple per day and when we started our diet, he had to cut it out of his life. I think it was harder for him initially, and he was resistant to it at first, but he's good with it now!!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Weighed in last night, scale was a little high, but that just means that I need to work a little harder... 45 lbs to go till my ultimate goal weight of 141 lbs... I have 25 days to lose 11 pounds... wish me luck

230: highest weight
186: current weight

175: Goal #1 (by Sept 30)
165: Goal #2 (by Oct 31)
155: Goal #3 (by Nov 30)
150: Goal #4 (by Dec 31)
145: Goal #5 (by Jan 15)
141: Goal #6 (by Jan 31 -my 29th Birthday)

44: loss to date
11: pounds until goal #1
45: weight to lose

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results