shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1333713277|3164804 said:
So, I weighed in this morning at 150!!! So happy to reach that mark and so excited that I am so close to being back in the 140's! Hopefully, I don't gain too much back this weekend with Easter celebrations.
Woo hoo! Congrats!

audball

Ideal_Rock
duplicate post...sorry

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
I am so proud of myself for doing p90. The 4th day i took a day off because i could hardly walk. LOL! But i was back to it today and i did 6 chin-ups in a row! Woot! I did probably a total of 15 pullups and probably 18 chin ups total through the workout! And i was actually able to do one of the push ups today that i couldn't do before. My arms are so damn long it's really hard for my body to do this certain push up. It's called a dive bomber. I was able to do 3. It's a start right? Sigh. Did i mention we are getting married in 4 months on the beach? EEE! I can hardly wait!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
beesha77|1333773329|3165548 said:
I am so proud of myself for doing p90. The 4th day i took a day off because i could hardly walk. LOL! But i was back to it today and i did 6 chin-ups in a row! Woot! I did probably a total of 15 pullups and probably 18 chin ups total through the workout! And i was actually able to do one of the push ups today that i couldn't do before. My arms are so damn long it's really hard for my body to do this certain push up. It's called a dive bomber. I was able to do 3. It's a start right? Sigh. Did i mention we are getting married in 4 months on the beach? EEE! I can hardly wait!!

Yay for getting married so soon! :appl: And congrats on doing P90X! I have all the DVD's, but I don't have the best space to do them right now. I've only done one DVD of them and I stopped, first because I was so out of shape I could hardly do anything they were doing and second because like I said, I really don't have the right space right now to do everything properly.

Thanks audball for the support! I'm so happy right now it's ridiculous. Even though I was losing weight before, just getting to that first mark feels so good and makes me feel like I actually am accomplishing something!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
150 is such a big deal! Congrats Mayflowers and everyone else!

Current weight: 147
Loss this week: .5 (I'll take .5 a week!)
High weight: 162
Loss to date: 15!

Mini goal: 140
Probable Final goal: 130

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Maebelle that's awesome!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
You ladies are all doing awesome! I weigh in tomorrow...I'm hoping for better than 2 lbs...we shall see!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I lost 2.4 lbs this week!

Summary:

189.6: Starting Weight
176.0: Weight Last Week
173.6: Current Weight

02.4: Loss This Week
16.0: Loss To Date
13.6: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

I'm officially over the half way mark to goal 1!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
First, congrats to all of you for your losses this week!

Happy to report that after months and weeks of saying I was GOING to get back to it, I finally did! Counted calories all week and weighed in at 130.8, a loss of 3.6 pounds this week! What a nice start. :) Couldn't have done it without all of you inspiring me, so thanks!

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1333970541|3166527 said:

Happy to report that after months and weeks of saying I was GOING to get back to it, I finally did! Counted calories all week and weighed in at 130.8, a loss of 3.6 pounds this week! What a nice start. :) Couldn't have done it without all of you inspiring me, so thanks!
Awesome!! What was your goal? 130? You're so close!

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
That's awesome Unkucky! What a great start! ;-)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
That's so awesome Unlucky!!

So, I just had to come in here and post because I want to toot my own horn and I'm simply proud of myself. As I have been going to the gym, I usually get on the treadmill for about 30 minutes and alternate walking and running. Usually no more than 2 minutes running, 1 minute walking. Well, yesterday when I started the running portion for the treadmill, I decided to run until I just couldn't run anymore just to see how long/far I could go. I ended up running for 26 minutes straight doing a 12 minute mile! I simply can't believe it! Two months ago I could barely run half a mile and now I ran 2.2 miles without stopping!

This has definitely jump started my motivation to complete a race sometime soon and to just keep working hard. I wish there was a jumping up and down emoticon so I could show how I'm feeling right now!! :D

Seattle SC

Shiny_Rock
Figured I'd chime in after seeing the good news from MayFlowers. It's that time of year where there's more and more races that come up, and I think you totally should sign up for a 5k. I completed my first 5k back in September after doing the C25K program (couch to 5k)
Here's the treadmill program since I did it in the gym
http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

I also learned about Team in Training after that race and became a crazy woman and decided to sign up for a triathlon which I just completed just over a week ago (1.5k swim, 25k bike, 10k run).

Just goes to show that if you put your mind, time and dedication to it, you can definately acheive your fitness goals! Considering I couldn't run a half mile without stopping less than a year ago, I am WAY beyond the person I thought I would be back in September. Plus, originally the only reason I signed up for that particular race was because it was an Oktoberfest race and you got beer at the end :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I am NOT doing well this week! Ugh! I have to get focus back! :( :(

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
audball, I hope you've been doing better since you last checked in! You've been doing awesome so far, so I know you will get your focus back!

As for me, I weighed in this morning at 147.0!!!!! :D I am so happy. When I saw that number on the scale, I was absolutely shocked. Even though I have been running and doing so well with exercise this week, I really felt like I had blown it with food. I really just haven't been eating like I normally do. Maybe mixing it up and eating a few more calories a day has helped? Maybe the extra running helped? Who knows!

Oh and I have two apps on my iPhone that I use to help with all this. One is My Fitness Pal, which I absolutely love to help me track all my calories. The other is Target Weight. It keeps a graph of my weigh-ins (and I just looovvee seeing that line continuously going down), tells me my BMI, lets me set a goal weight and date I would like to reach it by. Then it puts how much more I need to lose as a notification number for the app on the home screen. When I put in today's weigh in, I realized that my highest weight was actually 161, not 160. So, I'm changing it on my thingy below.

Starting weight: 161.0
Weight last week: 150
Weight this week: 147

Loss to date: 14.0 :appl:
First mini goal: 150---REACHED! Bought myself some new running shoes. They are awesome!
Second mini goal: 140
Final loooong term goal: 125

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I am so happy for you MF! That's a great week! Congrats on hitting goal 1!

AFM: I'm so disappointed in myself this week. I feel heavier. I had a few hangups early in the week food wise, but I know there won't be enough I can do before Sunday to make a difference. I'm HOPING not to have a gain, but I feel like I will. I'm so disappointed in myself.

This week has been uber stressful at work and waiting to hear about grad school (should know early next week) is making me so anxious/nervous that I feel sick about it. And I'm stressed about our engagement ring being shipped all around and worked on (it's at Sholdt being made right now). I know stress = bad for weight loss so I'm trying to just let it go and do what I can but it's tough. I know it's affected me, and negatively, this week.

I am not looking forward to weighing in or posting how badly I've done this week here. ;(

audball

Ideal_Rock
Well I gained. I knew I would. It wasn't as much as I was thinking though, only .2 lbs. I reeled it in and was very strict with myself the last half of the week and it overcame most of the damage, but sadly I lost a week towards my goal.

Summary:

173.6: Weight Last Week
173.8: Current Weight

+0.2: Loss This Week
15.8: Loss To Date
13.8: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

I'm still over half way to goal 1, but I have just under 14 lbs to lose in 6ish weeks. I've got to start exercising more intensely this week.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
audball|1333979621|3166589 said:
UnluckyTwin|1333970541|3166527 said:

Awesome!! What was your goal? 130? You're so close!

My goal is about 125. Not sure exactly, but last summer when I was at my healthiest and still running, that's what I weighed. But I've stopped almost all exercise and am definitely not toned anymore, so even if I were 125 now, it'd probably look different than 125 did last year. But I'll worry about toning later.

MayFlowers, I've been using MyFitnessPal too. I like it a lot.

So I did weigh Sunday, but didn't check in here. It was 131.4, which is up 0.6 from last week but still 3 lbs. lighter than when I started two weeks ago. (Plus I had pizza the night before, which I think inflates my numbers by a few tenths of a pound.) That first week was SO great, then part of the second week was great, but then I got involved in this major home defense action with Occupy and didn't think about anything else for DAYS. It totally screwed up my eating schedule, and even now that I am recovered and back to normal life, I haven't gotten back to counting calories. Le sigh.

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
I totally suck. I have not worked out in like a week and a half. I am just zapped with the kids and their baseball. It's killing me!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Well, weighing in this week at 148! :angryfire: I have no idea what happened. I didn't eat the best over the weekend, but I figured my workouts and eating right through the week would at least help keep me from gaining. And I didn't even eat horrible! I probably went over my daily calorie limit both days by maybe 400 calories.

I'm hoping that it's muscle from running so much more, but who knows. I have been doing really well with running though. Sunday I ran 2.75 miles without stopping! Then Tuesday and Thursday I did shorter runs; one was 1.6 miles and the other only a mile. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get as close as to 3 as possible so that I have a few weeks to acclimate myself to running that distance before the 5K comes. I am also going to start running outside next week as I know it's very different from a treadmill.

Starting weight: 161.0
Weight last week: 147
Weight this week: 148

Loss to date: 13.0
Second mini goal: 140
Pounds to mini goal: 8

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
147, no change, and I'm so busy til the end of April that I think the best I can do is stay stable.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Bad, bad, bad, week. I'm so ashamed that I let go of control and had so many bad things. I gained 2.8 lbs this week. :nono:

I've avoid this thread all day because I feel shameful about it. Andrew's been supportive, he also had a small gain this week. We've made a plan and hopefully next week will be better.

Summary:

173.8: Weight Last Week
176.6: Current Weight

+2.8: Loss This Week
13.0: Loss To Date
16.6: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

I'm officially worried that I will not meet me goal for my friend's wedding in June. The last three weeks have been bad. A small loss three weeks ago and the last two weeks with gains.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1335147561|3178141 said:
Bad, bad, bad, week. I'm so ashamed that I let go of control and had so many bad things. I gained 2.8 lbs this week. :nono:

I've avoid this thread all day because I feel shameful about it. Andrew's been supportive, he also had a small gain this week. We've made a plan and hopefully next week will be better.

Summary:

173.8: Weight Last Week
176.6: Current Weight

+2.8: Loss This Week
13.0: Loss To Date
16.6: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

I'm officially worried that I will not meet me goal for my friend's wedding in June. The last three weeks have been bad. A small loss three weeks ago and the last two weeks with gains.

Don't be ashamed. Just work harder this week. Don't look back , look ahead. You can do it!!

fWIW, is there any chance any of that is just salt bloat? Junk food has a lot of sodium. You might not have gained as much as you think!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1335192891|3178424 said:
Don't be ashamed. Just work harder this week. Don't look back , look ahead. You can do it!!

fWIW, is there any chance any of that is just salt bloat? Junk food has a lot of sodium. You might not have gained as much as you think!
Thank you again! You are picking me up all over the boards today! I'm focusing on food this week and decided to start Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I did it last night and it is brutal. I'm sore today. But I have Andrew doing it with me and my friend back home (virtually).

There is a chance some of it is salt, we ate lots of junk. Either way, I'm not happy about it :(

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Don't beat yourself up audball! Even if you don't make your goal by your set date, just think about how much you HAVE been able to do over the past few months. I'm finding it's much better to focus on long term healthy eating and exercise habits than worry about being at a specific weight on a specific date. Sometimes, I get really down about my body image and think about all the things I want to fix and how I wish I looked. But, then I remember that I have a BF, family and friends who all love me for exactly the way I am. That makes focusing on the health aspect, rather than the image aspect, of all this much easier. The image part will fall in after that.

My newest goal is to try to focus on measurements and clothing sizes rather than the number on the scale. I have a feeling the more I run, the more muscle I will gain and so my number on the scale won't be going down as rapidly as before. I haven't weighed myself since Friday, when I had been weighing daily.

Oh and I love 30DS. I have done it before, but never for the whole 30 days. It is very difficult and I'm sure it will help!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I'm trying to focus on what I have accomplished thus far and no where I've miss stepped. Hopefully this 30DS + watching what I eat will help get me over this hump. I feel like I've been bouncing between 173ish and 176ish for 3 weeks now.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Okay... add me to the list of people avoiding this thread (hell, I couldn't even bring myself to visit PS). After getting busy for a while, things in my life took a bit of a turn, and for the last couple of weeks, I've seriously been into some emotional eating. Last time I braved the scale, I was at 133.4, and I don't even know what I weigh now. I also haven't gone grocery shopping in a while; SO often just goes when he feels like it, so suddenly he comes home with all this stuff, without asking me for a list, and we eat that until we run out. It would be fine, except he does things like "I got this (sugary!!) juice for you" or "I thought you might like some ice cream," even though he KNOWS that when I shop, I never buy those things, and that when he brings it home I will struggle to avoid it--or give in and gain weight. *smh* He's a nice guy, and I'm not trying to blame him--I know that all I've done is make poor choices. Plus, tomorrow I travel, and will be home for a few days, and I know that I'm not going to eat anything healthy for a while. Too bad I didn't remember earlier that I am going home for a WEDDING and now I don't even know if I will fit into any of my dresses. So yeah, I've been avoiding this thread. So.....seriously, when I get back, I'm going to shop, and I am going to get BACK ON TRACK. Using MyFitnessPal was working so well and that 3.6 loss was SUCH a boost. I can't believe I let that go so fast.

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1335359953|3180210 said:
Okay... add me to the list of people avoiding this thread (hell, I couldn't even bring myself to visit PS). After getting busy for a while, things in my life took a bit of a turn, and for the last couple of weeks, I've seriously been into some emotional eating. Last time I braved the scale, I was at 133.4, and I don't even know what I weigh now. I also haven't gone grocery shopping in a while; SO often just goes when he feels like it, so suddenly he comes home with all this stuff, without asking me for a list, and we eat that until we run out. It would be fine, except he does things like "I got this (sugary!!) juice for you" or "I thought you might like some ice cream," even though he KNOWS that when I shop, I never buy those things, and that when he brings it home I will struggle to avoid it--or give in and gain weight. *smh* He's a nice guy, and I'm not trying to blame him--I know that all I've done is make poor choices. Plus, tomorrow I travel, and will be home for a few days, and I know that I'm not going to eat anything healthy for a while. Too bad I didn't remember earlier that I am going home for a WEDDING and now I don't even know if I will fit into any of my dresses. So yeah, I've been avoiding this thread. So.....seriously, when I get back, I'm going to shop, and I am going to get BACK ON TRACK. Using MyFitnessPal was working so well and that 3.6 loss was SUCH a boost. I can't believe I let that go so fast.
As others encouraged me, just try and let it go. Forgive yourself for slipping and keep moving forward. It's super hard, I know. You CAN and WILL do this!! :appl:

AFM: I finished Day 2 of the 30DS yesterday...man I'm sore today! Must keep going...

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I have been going very consistantly to the gym, but not "ramping up" just keeping it still. I weighed 148 (1 pound up) this morning, but thankfully (yes, thankfully) it's that time of the month (I was 8 days late, talk about stressful!) so I may actually be down.

Audball, when I'm not doing well in the goal department I tend not post as much here, because I feel a bit ashamed too, which is silly! I'll make sure to get back to posting whether I'm up or down, promise!

audball

Ideal_Rock
maebelle|1335365180|3180275 said:
I have been going very consistantly to the gym, but not "ramping up" just keeping it still. I weighed 148 (1 pound up) this morning, but thankfully (yes, thankfully) it's that time of the month (I was 8 days late, talk about stressful!) so I may actually be down.

Audball, when I'm not doing well in the goal department I tend not post as much here, because I feel a bit ashamed too, which is silly! I'll make sure to get back to posting whether I'm up or down, promise!
Keep it up maebelle! We can do it together!

I know, I avoid the thread when I feel I've been bad. It is silly, we need to support each other, through binges and cheats and all! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results