LIW Bootcamp

audball

Ideal_Rock
maebelle|1331508324|3146495 said:
Current Weight: 149.5 :(
Weight loss this week: A big fat 0!
High weight: 162
Goal weight: 140

I did really good again, and I honestly don't think I could step up what I'm doing... hopefully this is just a temporary plateau
It's not a gain! Just power through. Change up your work out or try some different (also good, healthy) food to see if things move.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Aww! Maebelle, I'm sure if you keep up the good work, progress will show. Maybe switch up your workout routines?

I weighed in this week at 154! UGH!!! I did well with eating, but I totally blew it on the weekend. BF's dad and stepmom came in and while I didn't eat horribly, we did drink a lot of beer and alcohol. So, I know that blew it for me.

This week, I have been doing amazingly. I have been counting every calorie and staying within my daily limits. I also went to the gym 4 times already this week. I didn't go to spin because I have started back at my second job and I get off too late from there to make it to spin. But, I have been running and also using the elliptical. So, hopefully next week my number will reflect this!

audball, glad you are doing so well!

Unlucky, don't get down on yourself. You know that I have been hanging around this thread for over a year and I'm only now starting to really kick my butt into gear! :lol:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
149 this morning. So a .5 loss. I'm going to make sure that a DEFINITELY eat breakfast, because when I don't that is when my resolve flags and I eat a terrible lunch. I've also been feeling pretty terrible recently (there is a bug going around my work), so working out has been tough, but I've managed it a bit.

Hopefully I'll get back up to a pound a week. Maybe a pound and a half, I'd really like to hit my 140 by the end of april, but that's starting to look a little difficult

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mayflowers and maebelle -- keep moving! It's hard, I know.

AFM: this week was Spring Break and we had Andrew's brother's wedding. I weighed in on Sunday at 179. A one pound gain. Back on track this week.

Summary:

189.6: Starting Weight
178.0: Weight Last Week
179.0: Current Weight

+1.0: Loss This Week
10.6: Loss To Date
19.0: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Weighed in this week at 152.5! So happy to have that loss! My absolute highest weight was 160. So, I am almost down 10 pounds! :appl:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Well, I have been TOTALLY out of the loop, but only because this happened!

It's this ring (http://michaelbjewelry.com/collection/The-Lace-Collection/Petite-Crown-Lace-Band--47), my absolute dream ring, but no photo yet has done it justice. It is SO beautiful, and delicate, and sparkly. The photos make it look so dull. :(

Our three-year anniversary was March 12. He took me out to dinner and asked if I would marry him after saying bunches of nice things (which he recorded with the digital recorder I use for interviews for work, so we have it on tape forever). We do not believe in legal marriage, but we have both always been sure that we were going to have a wedding of sorts where we will exchange vows and have our families meet each other (they're spread out all over the country). This is a real surprise for me because we were not really planning to do that until we finished grad school.

We want to do it in October, so we've had to get a real jump on checking out venues, so I've been EXTRA busy. I've done precisely one spin class since my last check-in, and I think I may have gained about 1.5 lbs. So it is REALLY REALLY REALLY time to get my butt in gear! I'd like to be 10 pounds down by October, and then work on toning by January, because I just booked a 5-day trip to Jamaica, where Hanson has put together something really special for their fans (exclusive use of the all-inclusive resort, 3 concerts on the 3 middle nights, mixed drinks with Isaac, cooking with Taylor, a tie-dye session with Zac, etc.). If there's a chance I'm running into Taylor Hanson on the beach, I want to be tight and toned, even if we are both married. ;-)

I really really want this, but I look at my calendar and wonder WHEN THE HECK I will have time to exercise. My job is so busy right now, plus my dissertation work, plus wedding planning... I know the biggest boost will come from limiting my calories again, but even that takes time to plan... Oy... Ladies, I'm struggling.

cropped.jpg

cropped 2.JPG

cropped 3.jpg

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1332432820|3154330 said:
Well, I have been TOTALLY out of the loop, but only because this happened!

It's this ring (http://michaelbjewelry.com/collection/The-Lace-Collection/Petite-Crown-Lace-Band--47), my absolute dream ring, but no photo yet has done it justice. It is SO beautiful, and delicate, and sparkly. The photos make it look so dull. :(

Our three-year anniversary was March 12. He took me out to dinner and asked if I would marry him after saying bunches of nice things (which he recorded with the digital recorder I use for interviews for work, so we have it on tape forever). We do not believe in legal marriage, but we have both always been sure that we were going to have a wedding of sorts where we will exchange vows and have our families meet each other (they're spread out all over the country). This is a real surprise for me because we were not really planning to do that until we finished grad school.

We want to do it in October, so we've had to get a real jump on checking out venues, so I've been EXTRA busy. I've done precisely one spin class since my last check-in, and I think I may have gained about 1.5 lbs. So it is REALLY REALLY REALLY time to get my butt in gear! I'd like to be 10 pounds down by October, and then work on toning by January, because I just booked a 5-day trip to Jamaica, where Hanson has put together something really special for their fans (exclusive use of the all-inclusive resort, 3 concerts on the 3 middle nights, mixed drinks with Isaac, cooking with Taylor, a tie-dye session with Zac, etc.). If there's a chance I'm running into Taylor Hanson on the beach, I want to be tight and toned, even if we are both married. ;-)

I really really want this, but I look at my calendar and wonder WHEN THE HECK I will have time to exercise. My job is so busy right now, plus my dissertation work, plus wedding planning... I know the biggest boost will come from limiting my calories again, but even that takes time to plan... Oy... Ladies, I'm struggling.
OMG!! CONGRATS!! That is a lot on your plate. Try not to beat yourself up too much and just take it a day at a time. Watching your food intake will be critical for helping to lose weight when you're not able to exercise much. Enjoy this time! It'll be over before you know it!

ETA: I LOVE your ring. The petite lace collection is GORGEOUS! :love:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Unlucky:

AAHH!! :appl: :appl: HUGE Congrats from me and I absolutely love your ring! It's gorgeous! If I was in your shoes, I probably wouldn't have done very well the past week either. Like audball said, if you don't have too much time to work out, then really really focus on your food. I'm sure you will look great by October!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
UL, congrats!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
148.5 this morning (i'm checking in today because we have a party tonight and I do not want to see the scale tomorrow). Another .5 down. I think I'm just going to take it and be happy :)

And congrats to UL again!

And good luck everyone!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again, UT!
And great job, maebelle! A loss is a loss.

AFM: this week was slow going coming off Spring Break. Still faired okay, down 1.8 pounds.

Summary:

179.0: Weight Last Week
177.2: Current Weight

01.8: Loss This Week
12.4: Loss To Date
17.2: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Can I join you ladies? I really don't want to lose, but definitely tone my flabby butt! :lol: and work my abs! I eat pretty well as a rule But i will def try to eat more clean and up the protein while working out. I'm going to start p90 as we are going on vacation on the beach and plan on getting married while were there. So I have to look good in a dress and a bikini! But I need someone to hold me accountable! So I plan on starting Monday and I will try reallllly hard to not have excuses. When in reality it will be hard to fit in with my boys baseball schedule which is insane!

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
Hey Ladies! I'm going to join in to! I need to get a measuring tape though, I know how much I weigh and that doesn't bother me, it's more my level of exercise... More studying=wider buttocks! So I'm going to start hitting the treadmill on an incline for 30 mins in addition to my 30 mins of yoga 5x/week. I'm also going to add more veggies and fruit to my day, I feel like I've been skipping out on the fresh stuff a bit more then I should. I made veggie patties to help.

Here is the recipe: Grate: 1 cup of mashed chick peas, 1 beat, 1 yam, 1 zucchini, 1 carrot and sliced mushroom mix with 2 whole eggs lightly dust in whole wheat bread crumbs and grill. Then I add half a tablespoon of light miracle-whip and wrap it in romaine lettuce. It makes about 6 patties. They are delish if you like all those veggies, sometimes I add worcestershire sauce, or fresh cucumbers to the mix :) They keep well in the fridge for around 3 days, so they are handy that way.

I'm a vegetarian so if anyone has some fun recipes (oh and easy ;-) ) Please pass them along to me, I love trying new things!!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
The more the merrier everyone!

In other news I just weighed in at 147.5 !

Current weight: 147.5
High weight: 162
Loss to date: 14.5!

Mini goal: 140
Probable Final goal: 130

finally punched through that darned plateau! Breakfast people, breakfast is the key :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome ladies! The more the merrier :)

And yay! maebelle! Eating breakfast is a must! Congrats on breaking through the plateau! :appl:

Keep it up ladies! I've got to turn myself around for the next few days....the last two days A and I were able to have date nights (not usual for twice a week and once is even sometimes a stretch with school stuff) but combine that with office birthdays etc etc, and things aren't looking good for me this week...

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone make green smoothies? I've been making these either for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. In really try to up my protein when working out. It's a cup of vanilla almond milk, tons of spinach (you do not taste it) like 2 cups...I use a scoop of egg white protein powder and a banana. It's great!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone, for the congratulations! We still have not decided on a wedding venue, so I'm continuing to stress about that, but SO promises we are going to choose by Tuesday. There are two major contenders, one my favorite, one his. Problem is, his is outdoors, and I simply cannot wrap my head around what our backup plan would be if it rained. The place does not allow us to put a big tent up in that space, so all I can fathom is moving indoors, but we would have to pay double for the rental, and it would really bother me to pay for two places for a contingency plan when we could just pay for one (indoors at my favorite venue) and know the day would go off without a (major) hitch. Any advice?

Okay, so why we're really here. First, CONGRATS to everyone on all your losses! Y'all are so inspiring!

I weighed in at 134.4 today, so I am indeed about another 1.5 up as I feared in that last post. I am getting so close to the 146 that I started at Sept. 2010. I can't believe I spent a year getting down to 121 and have gained almost all of it back! Oh well, no point looking back. Moving forward. I DID get myself to a spin class this week, and TODAY I am starting to count calories. I'd like to promise that I will get more exercise, but I recognize that my schedule is just jammed and I may not get to it, so I don't want to disappoint myself. Instead, I'll make my major goal to be counting calories. Minor goals are to take my multivitamin and drink more water.

audball

Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1333045817|3159230 said:
Does anyone make green smoothies? I've been making these either for breakfast or as an afternoon snack. In really try to up my protein when working out. It's a cup of vanilla almond milk, tons of spinach (you do not taste it) like 2 cups...I use a scoop of egg white protein powder and a banana. It's great!
Hmmm...I don't but it sounds..interesting. Lol. I'm not sure if I could get past the vast amount of spinach...maybe worth a try though!

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1333286094|3161114 said:
Thanks, everyone, for the congratulations! We still have not decided on a wedding venue, so I'm continuing to stress about that, but SO promises we are going to choose by Tuesday. There are two major contenders, one my favorite, one his. Problem is, his is outdoors, and I simply cannot wrap my head around what our backup plan would be if it rained. The place does not allow us to put a big tent up in that space, so all I can fathom is moving indoors, but we would have to pay double for the rental, and it would really bother me to pay for two places for a contingency plan when we could just pay for one (indoors at my favorite venue) and know the day would go off without a (major) hitch. Any advice?

Okay, so why we're really here. First, CONGRATS to everyone on all your losses! Y'all are so inspiring!

I weighed in at 134.4 today, so I am indeed about another 1.5 up as I feared in that last post. I am getting so close to the 146 that I started at Sept. 2010. I can't believe I spent a year getting down to 121 and have gained almost all of it back! Oh well, no point looking back. Moving forward. I DID get myself to a spin class this week, and TODAY I am starting to count calories. I'd like to promise that I will get more exercise, but I recognize that my schedule is just jammed and I may not get to it, so I don't want to disappoint myself. Instead, I'll make my major goal to be counting calories. Minor goals are to take my multivitamin and drink more water.
I think I'd tend to agree with you...if the contingency plan for rain doesn't make you happy, you probably shouldn't go for it...especially if it'll cost even more money! Most venues have an indoor 'backup' for weather contingencies that doesn't cost extra. But I'd have to equally like the backup because you just.never.know what the weather will do to you so far in advance. Good luck trying to decide and come back with photos when you do!

And don't beat yourself up...lots of changes have happened to you recently and you may not always have time for working out. Counting calories will be key. Many people lose a ton of weight and gain it back. This time last year I was under what my first mini goal is right now. Life gets in the way sometimes and weight catches up to you. Just keep moving in the right direction when you can and you'll get there eventually.

audball

Ideal_Rock
AFM: this week was slow going too. I did have a loss though, 1.2 pounds. I'm sure all the goodies from my niece's 2nd birthday yesterday didn't help me on the scale this morning!

Summary:

177.2: Weight Last Week
176.0: Current Weight

01.2: Loss This Week
13.6: Loss To Date
16.0: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Congrats audball! You continue to inspire me!

Well, I know it's only been one day, but yesterday I successfully watched what I ate! I may be sad, but to me that was a real cause for celebration, haha.

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1333369863|3161620 said:
Congrats audball! You continue to inspire me!

Well, I know it's only been one day, but yesterday I successfully watched what I ate! I may be sad, but to me that was a real cause for celebration, haha.
Aww, shucks. Thanks UT! Keep up the counting! You'll notice a difference for sure!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So, I have been super busy and I didn't check in last week. But I did officially weigh in at 152.0. Only a half pound loss, but I completely blew the diet and exercise thing over that weekend and so, I wasn't expecting much. I will be sure to check in with you all again mid week this week to let you know my new number. I'm hoping it's down to 150 so badly. I want to reach the 10 pound mark now! I have been doing much better with eating, tracking calories (and nutrition) and exercising. I'm pretty dang proud of myself. Whether I look it or not, I really do feel thinner. I'm not sure if it's just my mindset or what, but I do feel so much better about myself already. I may do measurements again mid week too. I haven't done them in about 3 weeks or so.

So, going off audball's tracker ;-) , my results so far:

Starting weight: 160.0
Weight last week: 152.5
Weight this week: 152.0

Loss to date: 8.0
First mini goal: 150
Second mini goal: 140
Final loooong term goal: 125
Loss until reach first "mini" goal: 2 (!!!)

Unlucky, so glad you had one successful day! Keep taking it one day at a time!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yay MF! Dust to being under 150!

Heheh, glad you like my tracker! Week to week with so many of us I figured it would help everyone keep track! And it's more motivating to me to see that I didn't just lose 1.2 lbs this week, but that I've lost 13.6 so far! :)

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
I promise you don't taste the spinach audball. It tastes more like banana.

I finally worked out today. My gf came over so it was great. I plan on working out 5 days a week with the p90x vids.

biggerliz

Rough_Rock
If cardio isn't working for you girls, I would highly suggest weight training. Muscles burn 50 calories per square inch, and fat burns 10 calories per square inch. Building muscle will increase your metabolism, and thereby decrease your weight.

On the other hand, cardio not properly partnered with correct nutrition actually is muscle atrophy. Cardio can help you "look" slimmer, but again, if the nutrition is not done correctly, you are burning muscles instead of fat. This is because fat is one of the last that we procure our energy from.

Just a thought!

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
My gf made it to work out with me again. She's kinda flaky so I was surprised to see she came. But thankful she did! I'm determined to doit no matter what. I only have an hour and a half window each day to work out between work and picking kids up, baseball, dinner, etc.

How's everyone else doing? SO gets the ring this Thursday. I'm hoping for this weekend but it probably won't happen then. I'm guessing he will keep me waiting a bit longer! :rolleyes:

audball

Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1333506771|3162996 said:
My gf made it to work out with me again. She's kinda flaky so I was surprised to see she came. But thankful she did! I'm determined to doit no matter what. I only have an hour and a half window each day to work out between work and picking kids up, baseball, dinner, etc.

How's everyone else doing? SO gets the ring this Thursday. I'm hoping for this weekend but it probably won't happen then. I'm guessing he will keep me waiting a bit longer! :rolleyes:
Exciting!! I can't wait for you!! Ahh!

audball

Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1333410877|3162050 said:
I promise you don't taste the spinach audball. It tastes more like banana.

I finally worked out today. My gf came over so it was great. I plan on working out 5 days a week with the p90x vids.
Good to know...maybe I'll brave it one day!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So, I weighed in this morning at 150!!! So happy to reach that mark and so excited that I am so close to being back in the 140's! Hopefully, I don't gain too much back this weekend with Easter celebrations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results