shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to both of you! MayFlowers, I'm very envious!

maebelle, before Occupy, I swore up and down I didn't have time to do much activism or volunteering anymore either. I'd done a ton of it in college, and felt like I was finally giving in to grad school and that that stuff just couldn't be a part of my life anymore. Ironic thing is, I haven't cut anything out of my life to make time for Occupy, except for watching TV--I had no idea how much "down time" I was actually getting, even thought I felt like I was always swamped. Little things like not watching TV shows at night (I now watch them online while doing things like cooking or eating lunch, rather than hunkering down from 8-10pm or something), surfing the internet, sitting in a coffeeshop for an hour--THAT'S where my activism time was! Who knew! Of course I'm exhausted, but I can't remember the last time I wasn't exhausted anyway.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
132.4 today. Not much of a real change. Did 13 miles in spin class this week, and did a 1-hour major cardio/weights class that I am so not in shape for. Boo.

151.5 - No change despite working out and eating fairly well (maybe not QUITE as much as I should have). The superbowl isn't going to help today since I'm about to make bacon-wrapped brown sugar smokies for the party I'm going to and I'm going to Chicago next weekend for a friends birthday!

Oh well, my goal is to at least STILL be 151.5 next weigh in :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Weighed in on Monday at 156.0. So a small change, but a change nonetheless. I didn't eat as well as I could have last week, so I know that's why I didn't lose much. 156 seems to be where I tend to get "stuck" in my weight loss. So, I'm working harder this week so that I weigh less than that on next Monday!

Unlucky, I wish that I could log my miles in spin class! Our bikes our new, but they just have a resistance knob to turn up the resistance levels. I swear some of our bikes our different too. On one of my classes last week, I could turn the resistance up (half a turn) when prompted consistently and my legs were challenged, but not in pain. Then on Monday, whenever I barely turned the knob, it was suddenly extremely hard to push through.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
MayFlowers, that sucks about the bikes! I wish our resistance was digital so I would know I am really using the right amount.

This week I went to all three classes, finally! Unfortunately did them back-to-back Wednesday through Friday, so that's some killer pain, especially since I increased my spin mileage to 14 this week. Despite that, no real change in weight. I weighed in at 131.6 a couple days ago, but this morning (I like to keep the official count on Sundays) I was back up to 132.4, identical to last Sunday's weight. Bugger.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
152 this morning... .5 lbs up, but as stated, trip to chicago in between. I packed a good lunch today, and plan on doing so for the rest of the week plus 4 gym trips. 150 here I come!

My gym is pretty bare bones and there aren't any classes, what do you guys like up spin vs. say, the elliptical?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
155.5 today! Not much of a loss, but I have broken out of the 156 slump.

Unlucky, I wish our resistance was digital too. The teacher that I mostly go to usually says things like turn your resistance to 50% of what the maximum you can do is. But, it's kind of hard to judge how much you need to be turning the knob.

maebelle, I like the elliptical a lot. In fact, last time I lost weight, all I ever used was the elliptical. I would always gradually turn up my resistance until I got all the way up to the highest and I would stay at that resistance for 30 minutes. I really like the spin class because I feel like it motivates me and pushes me to do more. Plus, I like that someone is telling me what I need to be doing on the bike. If I tried to spin on my own, I would probably just pick a resistance and keep it there for an extended time. Whereas the class involves sprints, standing, sitting, etc.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Can I join? I'm not officially a new LIW again yet, but I need some support/motivation to get moving!

After my breakup with S, I unhealthily got down from 193 to 160. I loved the way I looked, but I got there by being stressed, upset, and not eating most of the time. I didn't do it on purpose, but the 6 months or so that my "Breaking up in hard to do thread" was up was killer on me. I lost a ton of weight.

As soon as I got into my own place and started feeling like I was in a better place, I of course started eating normally again and it put me (close to) right back where I started. I know I didn't lose the initial weight in a healthy manner, but it's unfortunate I didn't have the gumption to keep it going healthily.

I am now back to where I want to get things moving again. I'm in my friends wedding in June and I would love to be down a bit before the wedding to look better in photos and feel better about myself!

I haven't weighed myself since early last week (where I had a zillion exams) and this week has been bad food wise as well. I'm going to bite the bullet and step on the scale tomorrow morning and post where I'm at. I really need the accountability/encouragement.

The wedding is the third week of June and I'd like to be back down to the 160 range by then. It'll be ~25lbs to lose which is just over 6 lbs per month left. I would of course take anything over that as well but I want to set a realistic goal.

Andrew and I's 1 year anniversary is July 14th and I'd really like to be under 150 by then. I feel like these two short term goals will help keep me focused. Once I hit them, I'd like to set another goal for the end of the year.

For reference, I'm 5'2" and currently wearing a 14/16. I desperately want back into the 8/10s that are in my closet and would LOVE to get back into my 4/6 stuff eventually.

So hi :wavey: I look forward to getting to know you all better!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I bit the bullet and stepped on the scale.

I had that moment when you step on the scale and pray the number you see is below X amount. That number in my head was 185, so it was under that, but not by much! Two weeks ago when I stepped back on the scale, I was at 189.6 which is a few pounds less than my highest of 193 in August of 2010. So I'm down 5 lbs from a few weeks ago and have 24.6 pounds to go to my first mini goal at the end of June which is just a little more than 6lbs per month.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
aud, it's always encouraging to have the number on the scale be lower than you expect, even by a tiny bit! Your weight goals seem very doable, 4-6 lbs a month is what you should be hoping for to keep it healthy and going in the right direction!

I was 151 this morning, so 1 lb down from last week and only 11 pounds to my goal weight!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Welcome audball!

maebell, I'm so jealous of your success! I weighed in today at the same weight, so I'm really not budging. Granted, this week my life turned upside down a bit and I didn't make it to one single gym class, and we ate a little heavy with V Day and my SO's birthday (and some wine due to the life-turning-upside-down bit). I really gotta get on it this week! I only have 10-ish pounds to lose. There's no reason I can't do this.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

Congrats on your losses this week! I haven't decided what day is going to be weigh in day...what do you guys normally aim for?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Just maintained this week. I definitely didn't eat very well. So, I will try better next week. There is this awesome pair of shoes that I want to buy, but I'm going to make that a reward for reaching a goal. So, whenever I reach 145lb I can go get the shoes! That is my first small goal, then I will set a new one after that.

audball, I usually weigh myself on Mondays, but I have been weighing everyday. It's a bad habit I have gotten into, but I end up forgetting when I do it once a week. I think Unlucky and maebelle check in over the weekends though.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
I normally weigh on Sundays, but not today. I've got a killer cold and my head is full of about 1000 pounds of pressure. I haven't worked out this week and I've been eating lots of Ramen noodles, which I crave when I'm sick but lead to fluid retention because of the sodium, so my number might be a disaster and I can't bear to look today, haha. Good luck to all of you!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
150 (one more pound down)! I also weigh in on Sundays, and did fairly well this week. I'm hoping to be 140 by the end of April (There are two weddings in a row and I want to look good!) So I have to step it up a bit and "cheat" a little less.

I use loseit.com and have it set up so my weekly goal is a pound and a half, I have been wanting to lose 1 pound a week so this allowed me to cheat, and it a bit over the specified calories and still lose. I'm going to try to actually hit the calorie marks it gives me.

Unlucky, feel better!

Mayflowers, giving yourself a minigoal with a prize is a great idea!

audball, good luck!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way to go ladies!

I didn't lose as much as I'd like this week, but I am down a little. Weighed in at 184 which was down 0.6lbs for the week.

I also have a goal of being down to 160 by my friend's wedding in June so I'm definitely going to need to be more strict with myself. I would have done way better this week if the girl scout cookies we ordered weeks ago hadn't shown up :oops:

Sadly, and thankfully, they are almost gone and we are not going to buy anymore!

I also use loseit.com and I have the app for it on my phone. It really helps me stay on track! I also need to, despite my crazy busy school schedule and work, really need to get my body moving and exercise some, even if it's just a walk after dinner with Andrew.

Good luck this week, ladies!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Happy to report that the girl scout cookies are gone and we will not be buying any more. Here is to a fabulous week full of successes on the scale for everyone!

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Congrats, audball! Have a great week everyone!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MisakiChan|1330368270|3135705 said:
Congrats, audball! Have a great week everyone!
Thanks! I will be strong! :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I did SOOO well yesterday food wise! Today is going strong too! I'm looking for a great number this week! :naughty:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Keep it going audball! Sounds like you're doing great!

I weighed in this morning at 155.0, so just down half a pound.

I have been doing much better with eating the right foods. Now my issue is working out. I had planned to go to the gym every day this week, but I didn't go yesterday because we had a big meeting at work and I wasn't going to make it on time to spin class. Then I planned to go today to spin but I have started to feel sick. I'm sure it's just my allergies, but I just can't find the motivation to go to spin class while I'm sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. I took some medicine when I got home today, and hopefully that will help. I'm going to rest today and hope that tomorrow I will feel better. I'm getting observed by the assistant principal tomorrow too, so I hope I still have my voice.

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1330467033|3136663 said:
Keep it going audball! Sounds like you're doing great!

I weighed in this morning at 155.0, so just down half a pound.

I have been doing much better with eating the right foods. Now my issue is working out. I had planned to go to the gym every day this week, but I didn't go yesterday because we had a big meeting at work and I wasn't going to make it on time to spin class. Then I planned to go today to spin but I have started to feel sick. I'm sure it's just my allergies, but I just can't find the motivation to go to spin class while I'm sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose. I took some medicine when I got home today, and hopefully that will help. I'm going to rest today and hope that tomorrow I will feel better. I'm getting observed by the assistant principal tomorrow too, so I hope I still have my voice.
Way to go MayFlowers! Being sick makes it tough, hang in there and do what you can!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I did SO good this week. I worked out every day and ate well but I still only weighed in at 149.5! I know I should be happy with a loss, but I ate and worked out enough that it should have been a pound more!

mayflowers, feel better!

audball, great job! I'll try to check in midweek with you too.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Good job maebelle! A loss is a loss and some weeks it'll be less than others. Don't lose your drive to just as well this week!

I weighed in this morning at 181! That's 3 pounds down this week.

Summary:

189.6: Starting Weight
184.0: Weight Last Week
181.0: Current Weight

03.0: Loss This Week
08.6: Loss To Date
21.0: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

Keep it up this week ladies!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
maebelle, I'm sure your hard work will pay off in the end. There are so many reasons that the number on the scale could have not reflected your work that it isn't something to worry about. I'm so glad that you had a great week!

audball, big congrats on the loss! You are doing so great. I need to work harder to keep up with you all!

I weighed in this week at 153.0! A 2 pound loss that I am absolutely stoked about. I have been eating so much better and I'm starting to really get motivated. One of the other teachers I work with is really in to spin and she is a member of the same gym that I use, we just use different branches. She said she uses a heart rate monitor and calorie counter and that in one of the classes she goes to, she can burn 1000 calories! So, I will probably start going to that branch with her soon, at least that one night of the week.

Keep up the good work everyone! :appl:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
WOW, all of you are doing so well! Audball, you've lost almost as much in two weeks as I hope to lose total! There is NO REASON for my slacking and all of you have really inspired me! I've been very busy and very sick, so I'm sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. Weighed today at 133, still hanging out in exactly the same spot. This week is spring break (AND IT'S HALF OVER?! :errrr: ) so there are no gym classes since I use my school gym, but I am going--GOING!--to use our home treadmill a couple of times before Monday to get myself slowly back in the groove. It's such a shame--the gym class that would allow me to lose the most weight (read: force me to work harder than I would force myself) is right during my two most important meetings each week. Argh. But anyway, way to go ladies, y'all were fabulous this week!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1331071322|3142159 said:
maebelle, I'm sure your hard work will pay off in the end. There are so many reasons that the number on the scale could have not reflected your work that it isn't something to worry about. I'm so glad that you had a great week!

audball, big congrats on the loss! You are doing so great. I need to work harder to keep up with you all!

I weighed in this week at 153.0! A 2 pound loss that I am absolutely stoked about. I have been eating so much better and I'm starting to really get motivated. One of the other teachers I work with is really in to spin and she is a member of the same gym that I use, we just use different branches. She said she uses a heart rate monitor and calorie counter and that in one of the classes she goes to, she can burn 1000 calories! So, I will probably start going to that branch with her soon, at least that one night of the week.

Keep up the good work everyone! :appl:
Awesome job MayFlowers! Work out buddies are definitely helpful.

audball

Ideal_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1331132940|3142865 said:
WOW, all of you are doing so well! Audball, you've lost almost as much in two weeks as I hope to lose total! There is NO REASON for my slacking and all of you have really inspired me! I've been very busy and very sick, so I'm sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. Weighed today at 133, still hanging out in exactly the same spot. This week is spring break (AND IT'S HALF OVER?! :errrr: ) so there are no gym classes since I use my school gym, but I am going--GOING!--to use our home treadmill a couple of times before Monday to get myself slowly back in the groove. It's such a shame--the gym class that would allow me to lose the most weight (read: force me to work harder than I would force myself) is right during my two most important meetings each week. Argh. But anyway, way to go ladies, y'all were fabulous this week!
Thanks! :) Keep in mind, with as much as I still have to lose, it's easier to drop weight in the first several weeks since there is a lot of excess. When I (eventually) get down to your size, it's definitely harder to lose as much as quickly with the effort I'm currently putting in. I know I'm going to have to step it up in the exercise department in order to keep it going.

Stay focused! You can do it :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I weighed in this morning at 178! That's 3 pounds down this week again!

Summary:

189.6: Starting Weight
181.0: Weight Last Week
178.0: Current Weight

03.0: Loss This Week
11.6: Loss To Date
18.0: Pounds Left Until Goal 1

Keep it up this week ladies!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Current Weight: 149.5 :(
Weight loss this week: A big fat 0!
High weight: 162
Goal weight: 140

I did really good again, and I honestly don't think I could step up what I'm doing... hopefully this is just a temporary plateau

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results