shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Well I gained a pound since last check in.... 143.0 lb. It's not too terribly bad. But, I'm trying not to focus on it.

BF and I tried P90X and failed miserably. It was really difficult without the pull up bar. The only thing we could use in place of it was to place the resistance band over an open door. Unfortunately, we only have one door. So, each time the pull ups came on, one of us was taking a break. Plus, it didn't help that BF was making jokes and being all around ridiculous and making me laugh hysterically. :lol: It was really funny to watch him collapse after doing 12-15 push ups, while I wasn't even breaking a sweat. Ok that was mean...but it was seriously funny.

We are both going to work on getting in better shape before really trying it again. We may have to do it at separate times, just follow the same schedule of days. That way, we are in the same place and going through it together, we just aren't doing the videos together. This will help solve the whole pull up bar issue.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Well it appears I'm going to have some trouble this week. Evidently yesterday I somehow managed to pop one of my ribs out of alignment which sent the whole right side of my back into spasms. I can hardly move or breath today. My chiropractor put it back in so now I just have to wait for everything to calm down. I'm hoping I can get an appointment with my primary doctor to get some muscle relaxers or something. This is awful! No exercisng for me this week! :(( I wish I knew how I did this so I can make sure I don't do it again!!

Mayflowers, I felt the same way about P90 as you did...that I had to be in shape to start it. It definitely gets better though. I worked out much better by myself because my boyfriend threw off my concentration too!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yikes, katey, I hope your back is better by now! That's awful.

Today I weighed in at my lowest weight yet, 124.0, down 0.4 from before my vacation a couple of weeks ago. I kind of thought the number wouldn't go down any more, so that made it even a little more fun to see it.

Good luck to everyone else this week.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Yeah my back is finally better. I was really angry that after having to take a week off from my sinus infection that I had to take another one to recover from whatever it was I did to my back. I'm heading back to the gym today but I'll probably take it easy and see how I feel.

Weighed in at 122.4 this week...almost there! I'm debating whether or not I'd like go below my 120 goal. Although this is getting more difficult the closer I get, and I know kickboxing is giving me a lot of muscle tone, I wish some of the extra stuff would have went away by now. I'm very self conscious about my "chicken wings" no matter what I do I can't seem to slim my arms down. I guess if I keep doing what I'm doing and maybe throw in some weight training at some point I can improve it. Overall I am very pleased with my shape now and wish I could target fix a few areas, oh well.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yes, I know what you mean!!! That 124 was nice yesterday but it IS getting harder and harder to get the number to inch down, AND there are still problem areas, namely that while my legs have gotten very toned and my thigh muscle is hard as a rock, I'm carrying not just fat but JIGGLY fat in the saddlebag and inner thigh area (and my butt, but I haven't done as much to tone it) so that I still feel slightly uncomfortable in a bathing suit with all that leg bared (though still MUCH better than last year). It's like how on earth am I going to get rid of that??? *Sigh.* Let me know if you find a solution. As for arms, my arms have gotten very toned through a pilates class and a toning class, each once a week. In pilates we use our own body weight (keeping your arms up at shoulder level or above while moving them for 5 minutes without putting them down BURNS). In toning class we usually use weights, though we've done a fair number of pushups, which I can still only do well from my knees, but I've gotten a lot better at them and for the first time in my life, I have a defined tricep. So you may want to do stuff like that. Good luck at the gym, take it easy today.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I know it's not Sunday yet, but I'm too excited to not post. Today I weighed in at 123.2, lowest yet! I'd been in the lower 124s all week and I just had a gut feeling I'd see 123! I've been working hard all week and only skipped the gym on Wednesday. Yay! (But still seemingly have just as many jiggles?)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Nothing really to report here this week. Stayed the same at 122.4 so I'll take it.

Went bridesmaid dress shopping for my friends wedding in October. I was really happy with how I fit into the dress she chose...except you could make a whole new dress with what needs to be hemmed from mine, haha. I still think of myself as bigger than I actually am. It's a nice feeling to have to get smaller sizes!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Haha yay congratulations on that!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Sunday check-in. Still hanging out in the 123's, specifically 123.6 as of this morning. That makes for a slow month, only 1 pound down. But I lost another inch across my love handles/stomach this month, and a bit off my thighs and saddlebags. I also tried on a bunch of old clothes this week because I have to go to a conference next week and dress up-- I was able to pack up several bags of too-big clothing for Goodwill! I had to dress up in November and when I tried them on back then, all of them were too tight, so it was awesome to know that now they are all too big. I also had a dress taken up in November because it had gotten too big, so the seamstress made it to hug my body again. I tried it on and now it's too big again! These are definitely good feelings. I'm also relieved to see the number because I've had a terrible week. It's that time of the month so cravings went sky high and I gave into ice cream (twice), brownies, etc., plus SO and I are going through a rough time and he's been at his parents' house the last few days so I've been scarfing down fast food. Blah. Trying to get back on track but my motivation is pretty low, across the board actually, I haven't done any schoolwork since Thursday and I usually work 11 hour days, so it's not the norm for me to sit down and have a Firefly marathon. Blah.

Good luck to everyone else this week! MayFlowers, we missed you last week, hope you check in with us this time. :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I am sooo sorry I haven't checked in recently!! It has been crunch time in terms of school and getting my assignments done. It has been super stressful and busy and I honestly haven't worked out or weighed myself in the past two weeks. :oops:

This week is spring break for me and after that I will only have two weeks left of my undergraduate career! So, I have lots of work I need to do for school this week to make sure I can graduate. But because it is spring break, I am already planning to make lots of time to work out. If I can do those assignments this week, I will only have one more to do after spring break. So, I'm hoping this week will be a good kick off to get back into the routine of working out. I have still been watching what I eat, but not as closely as I could. So, I will be working on that this week too.

I will weigh in tomorrow and hopefully I won't have gained too much during this "off" period. I did go running one day last week using the Couch to 5K program and it felt so good! Running is going to be one of the things I really work on this week because I really want to run a 5K.

Glad to hear that things are going well with both of you! Good luck to you both to have great weeks this week too!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Unlucky I am right there with ya hanging around this week. I stayed the same again. I'm just glad i'm not gaining right now. I have relaxed a little bit on my eating habits but have stayed consistent at the gym. Grad school is killing me and I just can't do anymore than I already am. 4 months to go till I finish my master's program so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Congrats tho Unlucky on getting rid of some big clothing! That's such a good feeling. I have to get around to doing that myself. Sorry you're going through a rough time though.

Mayflowers that Couch to 5k thing is pretty cool! I've done that in the past and it definitely is effective!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

YUCK!! I weighed in at 145.5 :nono: More motivation for me to get my butt moving!

Congrats kateydid on almost finishing your Masters! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be very proud!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I'm gonna second the congrats to katey, MayFlowers, and also say congrats to you for being SO close to finishing school! I remember finishing undergrad, it was one of the BEST feelings ever. Not sure why since I knew I was about to slam right into grad school and have several more years of work ahead of me. :nono: Enjoy this time, though, it feels great.

Weighed in today at 122.6. Not sure if it's a true loss or just a little loss of water weight, but I stayed pretty hydrated yesterday so I think my body is still whittling (is that a word?) down little by little.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well, terrible week. Didn't eat in my calorie range at all and then went to a conference where I ate terribly and drank every night. SO and I also broke up so I'm not terribly motivated to eat right or work out. Weighed in in the 124s this morning. (I know, given that SO and I broke up I don't really belong in LIW any more. I'm going to wait another week or so and then remove myself from the list.)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Unlucky, I'm so sorry to hear about you and your SO. I hope some of the threads about break ups on this board will help you out. And remember, we are always here to hear you out and support you!

ETA: Even if you aren't a lady in waiting, please oh please stay on this thread! I need and love having you and katey to help support me through my weight loss!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks MayFlowers for the kind words. It's been a really rough 2 days, and I've been reading the recent break-up threads, but I'm just not ready to talk about it. I'm pretty confident that breaking up with him is the right thing to do, but that doesn't change the fact that I love him a lot so even though I know he's really pissed at me, I just miss him a lot and have spent the last couple days just staring out the window hoping to see his car pull up. It sucks hard core. Re: sticking around this thread even though I'm not a LIW, thanks again for such kind words. I think I'll take you up on that. Though I foresee bad weight-loss weeks in the near future. But I can still play a supportive role for others.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Unlucky I am so sorry to hear what happened. I hope you're doing okay. Take a few days and relax, get sorted out, take time for yourself. I know that exercising helps reduce stress and let you sleep better so perhaps that is something that can help you through...and chocolate ;-) Stay on the thread, BBC is like it's own little world here!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks katey. I'll stick around the thread. And I'm sure I won't be able to help lurking on LIW, I really like this community, plus I'm a rare poster anyway except in this thread.

Now, you both forgot to do your actual check-ins. ;-) I'm all distraught and even I shared how my week went!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Hah whoops! My actual check in this week was down 1.4 to a flat 121.0. I didn't think I ate all that great this week so I'm wondering how I dropped in the first place but I'll take it!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in at 145.5 still!!! I didn't eat as great as I should have last week. But, I did get in a lot of walking/running time and Jillian's 30 Day Shred. So, I'm hoping that I didn't lose because I'm building muscle. I guess we will see.

I do already feel better though just from that little bit of exercise. I swear I looked in the mirror last week and I had to take my measurements again because I felt like I already looked smaller! I've heard a lot of people gain weight but lose inches and jiggle from the Couch to 5K program. So, I will be *trying* to focus more on becoming healthy and losing size and not just the number on the scale. Like I said, that will be *trying* because we all know how good it feels to see that number on the scale go down!

Unlucky, I hope you're doing ok. Cry it out, have a girls night, lay in bed and eat ice cream from the container. Let yourself feel this pain for a few days and accept it. Then start getting angry and hit the gym. Any pounds you gained from the ice cream will be gone before you know it!

Congrats Katey for going down again! It sounds like you are doing great!

lisalikessparkles

Rough_Rock

ooh ooh, can I join up too!?
My SO is in the final stages before popping the big Q and I want to be a gushing, graceful beautiful engaged and then a doubly gushing graceful bride !!
Even thinking about it gives me goosebumps of EXCITEMENT!!

Weighing in this morning at: 160lbs (ergh!!).
Aim: 135

I like to break it up into little goals so I don't get overwhelmed so my first little goal is 150lbs; followed by 145lbs; then down to 138lbs and finally 135lbs.

Daily exercise: Either running for 40 mins or gym for an hr and a half depending on schedule
Some days I can't get to the gym because of my job.. but will go every day that I can and eat sensibly. No carbs at dinner time and small dinners (love that waking up in the morning feeling skinny feeling!!).

This morning I've had a breadroll with mustard and smoked chicken, will go to the gym in about an hour and then head to work. Planning for a light cup'a'soup for lunch and a healthy dinner with the inlaws (I hope! MIL is cooking).

Good luck this week! x

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock

:wavey: I need to join!

I'm not a BIW, not even a LIW, but I do need a virtual kick in my doughy a** :)

Between finishing school and moving in with SO, I've kind of let myself go over the last few years. Now that it's getting warmer outside, the thought of less-revealing clothes is absolutely terrifying.

I hate to exercise but running is hands down the most effective way for me to lose weight- especially in my problem areas. So my goals are to do cardio (ideally, running) 45 min a day/four days a week, to tone up because I'm like a big ball of pastey dough right now, and to rediscover my waistline.

Current weight: 155 lb
Goal: 130 lb

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Werlcome lisalikessparkles and bunny007!!! We check-in Sunday/Monday each week and discuss our progress. I've been around since about October. I started when I was nearing 150 and now I'm down to 121! I've been doing Weight Watchers and it's been really great! Look forward to hearing from you guys next week (or mid week if you need a boost/rant!) :))

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Welcome to the newbies! We have a good group here. :)

Katey, congrats on your continuing loss! Your progress has been absolutely amazing.

MayFlowers, congrats on a week of doing well! I know what you mean about trying not to focus on the numbers and it being REALLY hard not to. But the activity/food stuff is important and after all it should be a lifestyle thing. :) Even when I was plateauing for that long time, I lost inches, so now even though my number isn't as low as I think it needs to be to remove the final jiggles (and when I'm a little more past this breakup hopefully the remaining gym time will get rid of them once and for all) I'm very happy with the way my body has slimmed down and toned up. And the fact that I can run 1.5 miles without stopping when I used to run about 1.5 minutes, well, that's nothing to frown about! You're doing great, keep it up.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome lisalikessparkles and bunny!

Thanks Unlucky! I didn't eat so great today because we took a field trip to our local zoo and so I bought lunch there. But, I walked basically from 10am-1pm with a half hour break for lunch! I am feeling really tired right now, but I'm going to try to go for a run. I haven't ran since Friday, so I need to get this week moving. The only issue is that I'm being observed by the principal of my school tomorrow and I'm super nervous and want/need to make sure everything is prepared and perfect because his observation could really help me get a job. So, even though I feel like I should stay inside and do some work, I feel like running will help get the jitters out of me a little. Which means that running will probably win :)

I'm so excited to be doing the Couch to 5K program. Right now I'm only running 1.5 minutes and it can be very hard some days. I looked at the end of the program and it requires running for 30 minutes. I feel like I'll never get there, but I know I can and will and when I do I will feel so proud!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

MayFlowers, we're twins! I teach undergrads and tomorrow I'm getting observed by my department head. Good luck to you!

Yeah, 30 minutes of running is a lot. For 1.5 miles at 5.2 mph it takes me 17-18 minutes and by the end I know my body can still go but mentally I hate it so much that I can't bear the thought of another minute. Next week (by which point I'll hopefully be less sad and more willing to exercise) I start running 1.6 miles. Ugh! But we will both get through it.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey everyone. Weighed in this morning at 123, so thankfully this breakup isn't doing too much damage. I exercised Wednesday and yesterday this week, but otherwise I've been unmotivated to do so, and the food situation has just been me eating whatever and whenever-- which sometimes means more than 1500 calories in a day, and other times means very little when I'm so sad I can't really make myself chew. It's been a rough week, and I'm hoping next week is better. Ex-SO and I have been in contact all week-- at points he says he can change, in which case I tell him I need to SEE the change rather than just be TOLD he can change (because I've heard that story before and I really don't think he can change), and at other points he just calls to tell me that I'm wrong and he's right and that if I want him back I will have to beg (psh!). Yesterday I finally told him that I wasn't going to pick up his calls any more, and if he changes he can leave me a voice mail to say that and I'll call him back, but otherwise I can't take phone calls just to be told I'm wrong and he's right. A couple hours later he called 10 times in a row, and I didn't pick up. Finally the last call he left a voicemail and said he was really worried that I wasn't picking up because about 65 tornadoes tore through our state killing at least 10 people and one of the tornadoes was spotted a block over from my house-- oops. So I called him back and let him know I was fine, and we didn't really talk long except for him saying he didn't know how to "proove" to me that he wanted to change. I told him when our interactions were different, then I would know he changed, but so far they have all been the same. *Sigh* It will be really hard not to take his calls, because I do miss him a lot and I worry that if we aren't talking then I might be shutting down all possibility for him to change, but I have to remember that this is the right decision and we talked a LOT in our relationship and he STILL didn't change. Ugh, it just all sucks.

How are all you ladies this week? And the new ladies? MayFlowers, how was your observation?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I am so sorry for your rough week Unlucky. I know how hard break ups are, especially when you stay in contact for that first week. I think that not answering his calls until he changes will really help you out. Don't worry about him or what he is or isn't doing to change. If he wants to change for you he will, but don't wait around for him to do it. Take care of yourself first.

My observation went great! There was one part of the lesson that I forgot to include. It wasn't really necessary to the lesson but before we started our reflection I mentioned it and a few other things that I already knew I wanted to improve. I could tell he was impressed by this (even though he didn't verbalize it) because he said that those were the same suggestions that he had written down for me too. He thought it was great though. He commented how I did great with differentiating the instruction (which is *huge* in elementary) and how the students were engaged the *entire* time. He said he never saw one student who was off task! I'm so relieved that it's over and that he was happy with it. His observation will definitely be great to show to interviewers (since my school doesn't currently have an opening) and it will help me if I ever do want to get a job there when they do have an opening.
How did your observation go? I can only imagine how tough it must have been considering what you have been going through.

I will check in tomorrow with my weight, but I don't think it will be too great. BF had to put down his dog of 15 years on Thursday and it was really hard on both of us. Plus with all the school work I needed to do, it just wasn't a great week in terms of eating/exercising. :nono:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Aw I am SO sorry to hear about your BFs dog. That is really sad. I hope he feels at peace with it eventually. And congrats on a good observation! Mine went well too, she said that I was very validating to each and every student who spoke in class with an idea, etc. It definitely sucked to have the observation in the midst of this breakup, but the only time I have felt halfway decent this whole week is in the classroom, so at least when I'm teaching I'm having fun and my head is in the right place. The worst part though is that I'm unmotivated to lesson plan so even though it feels great to be IN the classroom, I'm not motivated to prepare for BEING in the classroom. In fact today's list of things to do is JUST to plan for Mon and Wed (no class Fri), and it's already 5pm and I haven't even started. Gah.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Unlucky. Bf had a really rough night on the day it happened. He refused to come home from work until 11 (and he goes in at 6:30am!) and I know it was because he didn't want to come home when his dog wasn't going to be there to greet him. It is definitely still weird without her there.

I am glad your observation went well too! I hate lesson planning sometimes too. Luckily, at the elementary level we have a team of teachers in the same grade and so we all plan together.

Weighed in this morning at 145.0! 1/2 pound loss isn't much, but it's something right?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results