shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Unlucky, sorry you did not end up where you wanted to be this week. I think you and I are both hitting a wall now that we are near the end. I have tried the Couch to 5K program and really liked it...till I got shin splints! I've been meaning to try it again...or at least running on a treadmill to see how I have progressed in these past few months.

I weighed in at 124.6 this week so that's a loss of 2.8lbs. I'm surprised at this one, mostly because I REALLY watched my salt intake this week and did not think I'd see such a drastic difference. At this point I'm wondering if I should bump my goal down to 115 but I'm not sure...this is mostly based on some target areas that still need improvement. I don't know. We'll see. 115 may be a little too unrealistic to maintain at least for me. I'm 5'0 and could get down to that number but I'll evaluate when I officially hit 120. I should post some before/after pictures then too.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

124.6, sweeeeeeet! Congrats katey!!! Before and after pictures are probably a must. ;-)

It's not so much that I didn't end up where I wanted. I was happy to see the 126s all week since that is down from 127, 128, and 129. Just running toward the end of the week made my leg muscles heavy with muscle building + water retention so the number on Sunday was not as pretty. It went back down a little today, though I also did another run yesterday. Overall I know my body is working and doing new things so it's fine. But a smaller number would be the cherry on top. ;-)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Today I get to eat a piece of blueberry pie, which I have not had since starting the diet, because--I hit my first goal weight!! Scale said 125.2 this morning (goal was 125). I know it's not Sunday but I just had to come in and post. Super happy!! Not going to stop yet though-- my new goal is 120. Well, really my goal is to get rid of the jiggly fat and replace it with toned muscle, but I figure that will happen around 120. (I wonder what the scale will say on Sunday-- it'll be a mean joke if it goes back up and I've already had my blueberry pie, haha.)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Enjoy your blueberry pie!!! You've worked really hard and deserve a treat :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

It's weird-- the pie is not as good as I remember? :( But I'm glad to have had it anyway!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

The foods you want the most never end up tasting as good as you build them up to be!

Sorry I didn't check in on Monday! I have been so busy and I am exhausted now that the week is over! Anyways, I weighed in at 144.0 which isn't too much of a surprise. I figured I wouldn't lose much.

See you all on Monday!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey MayFlowers, congrats on making it through the week! ;-)

So I got a little carried away yesterday after eating the pie and ate a few HUNDRED extra calories-- oops!!!! I'll have to adjust by eating a little less today, and instead of going and running 1 mile at the gym, I'm going to go with SO to his weekly frisbee game, which will burn off significantly more since it's more time spent running. Today I weighed in at THREE POUNDS more than yesterday-- I hope it's just the weight of the food in my body and that the number goes back down (it has to be, since I didn't eat an extra 3500 calories x 3). I'd love it if tomorrow I could officially record that 125. (My luck, I'll still weigh the same or more tomorrow, especially since the running will make my leg muscles retain a bunch of fluid.) Blah blah blah.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Not much to report today. As I suspected that 3-pound gap between Friday and Saturday's weight has decreased. I went out to Frisbee yesterday and played two games. I haven't gone to a game with him since I weighed about 20 pounds more, so this time was much easier in terms of all the running. Feeling pretty sore today. Anywho, here's to the week ahead and staying on track.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Not much to report here either. Didn't lose any this week. I splurged a little bit this week myself and had some things that I don't normally. Went out to dinner one night that was a Japanese Steakhouse (where they cook it in front of you) and it certainly was not healthy eating! Totally worth it though. Had leftovers the next night.

Eh...As long as I don't gain, I'm happy. :))

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Yeah, the not-gaining part makes good food totally worth it! :lickout:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in on time this week! I weighed in at 143.0 this morning! A nice even one pound loss this week. Not much but like you all, I'm just glad I haven't gained anything back!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on the loss!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Weighed in at 124.8 today. Lowest yet, although I suspect it's a loss of water weight since I was feeling pretty dehydrated yesterday and didn't really do anything to fix that. Most days I've been weighing in firmly in the 127s. Yesterday I made an unofficial decision to stop tracking the number for a while. There are days that it's lower than 127 and days that it's higher than 127 but this may just be my new set weight now that I've gotten a little older. Or, as long as I keep running, it may take a while for the number to drop if I'm building muscle. So I think for a while I'll just try to keep active and keep eating well and maybe by the end of the semester I'll weigh less. At least by now I'm pretty happy with how I feel-- if only I could lose the last of the jiggles...

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Down 1.2 this week! Almost there! I came down with a head cold this weekend so I'm wondering how much exercisng I'll get myself to do. We'll see. I wish I had a little bit more progress in some trouble areas this close to my goal but oh well I'll keep working at it! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats! I'm green with envy. =)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Down another pound to 142.0!

I switched to my second classroom for the last half of my student teaching. It has me super excited because it means I'm halfway through!! :appl: :appl: But, my point is that our planning period is the last period of the day and therefore, we get to leave school an hour earlier than what I had been doing = an extra hour to exercise!!! Exercise has still been my one "vice" if you will because my schedule is so packed I can hardly find time to do everything plus exercise. Hopefully, this will help shed weight and inches a little more!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on another pound AND on getting halfway through teaching! That extra hour is going to be SWEET!

So I'm hanging out at 125.2 today. I'm going to try really hard to continue to get in some good exercise this week because on Saturday I get to go to my favorite city in the whole world and eat DELICIOUS food for five days straight. I make no promises to not overeat!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

So I've been VERY excited about my trip on Saturday, espcially thinking about all the good vegetarian food that I'd never be able to find in my hometown. But today I weighed in at 124.4, my lowest yet. Now I don't want to ruin it by totally pigging out and coming back to see something like 130! :???: Hopefully I'll find a way around that. I definitely plan to bring my exercise clothes/shoes and go to the gym 2-3 days of the 5 I'm there (the friend I'm staying with has a 4-year-old who takes afternoon naps so that's some guaranteed down time when we can't be out doing something fun anyway).

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

So I am on my trip and staying with a friend, so I don't know today's weights, but I do know today's measurements. This month I've lost inches everywhere but my thighs (of course). Since starting in September I've lost almost 5 full inches off my hips, 4 inches across my stomach/love handles, 3.5" off my waist, 2.75" around my stupid outer thighs (saddlebags), 2.75" off my thigh, and 3.5" off my butt. Yay! Today I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I bought toward the end of last summer. Back then they were tight when I bought them and I thought, "If I just lose about 5 lbs, they'll be fine." When I lost 5 lbs they were still a smidge tight, but I wore them anyway because summer was almost over and they were capris (too cold to wear in the winter). Now they are BAGGY!!! It's such a good feeling.

Hope all of you are doing well!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Hooray for baggy clothes!! :appl:

I gained .8 this week but I'm not really surprised. I was sick all week and couldn't get to the gym, ate some comfort food, and I'm retaining water for that lovely time of the month! Skipping this last week at the gym made me feel kind of gross. I definitely don't like that feeling even if its only in my head ;-) Back to the gym tonight!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I hope you're feeling better now. Sounds like it if you're planning gym time tonight. Hurray!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Yes I am feeling much better! It was a head cold and I had such severe congestion that my balance was all thrown off. Laying down was all I could do! I took the week to rest and I'm back today.

I was told by people this weekend that I am considered "in shape". Never thought about that! I'm getting asked if I'd like to do a Warrior Run or the Tough Mudder which is coming around. The mudder is 10 miles of obstacles and someone actually thinks I can do it! In my head I'm thinking I can't do anything but it's exciting that other people have noticed my progress. I can't do either race because of school stuff but it was a nice thought! Maybe one day.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

So last week was a not so good week. I made horrible food and exercise choices. Basically I was very lazy and ate whatever I wanted. Plus, I'm getting ready to start my time of the month. So, in the hopes of not discouraging myself and seeing a gain on the scale, I didn't weigh myself this morning. I will check back with a number next week.

In the mean time, I have already started off this week with good food and exercise choices. :)

Congrats UnluckyTwin on baggy clothes! That is always such a great feeling and I can't wait till I have it!

KateyDid, you're still doing great! I'm glad you're feeling better. I hate getting sick with sinus congestion. I feel like that is worse than being sick to my stomach.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

KateyDid, congrats on people noticing your progress! Someone told me last week that I was looking very fit. It's a very nice feeling. OH, and speaking of doing obstacle courses/races/etc., I was thinking of doing a 5K in the fall and seeing if anyone in this thread was thinking of doing the same. It'd be fun to do it "together."

MayFlowers, good idea on not weighing in to avoid discouragement! I totally understand that.

So random mid-week check-in: I am still on vacation and have been eating whatever I want. To my great surprise, I've learned that eating whatever I want and however much I want is NOT a good idea! I don't just mean because it could lead to weight gain, because I'm mentally prepared to go home weighing a pound more and committed to working it off if it means for one week I could just relax and do what I want. By "not a good idea" I mean I have ended up feeling semi-sick and needing a nap after almost every meal! It didn't take long to figure that out, so for all of yesterday's meals, I only ate half and took the rest home to eat today (which also stretches my dollar, so it's good all around). Whew! I never realized just how much I ate before I started the diet. Now it all feels so heavy! And, I've also still gone for a run every day I've been here, so hopefully that will help cushion the extra calories.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

UnluckyTwin, I love the idea of doing a 5K "together". There is one in early October that I would love to do!

So, BF and I have set a date.....to finally start doing P90X. We bought it so long ago and have been putting it off forever. We will be starting this Friday so that our off day is on Thursdays when I have class.

Kateydid, I thought you mentioned having tried P90X. Do you know if you absolutely have to have the pull up bar? The house where we will be doing P90X is pretty old and the door frames are a very thin width. I don't know if they are thick enough to hold the pull up bar. So, we are going to try it without the bar, but I didn't know if it was necessary.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Mayflowers, yes I did P90X and it's strongly recommended to have the pullup bar but it is not necessary. I think the other option is to get resistence bands and put them over something (in the video they put them over some pipe in the ceiling or something). I am not sure what you could do besides that. Perhaps watch the video and see if they give an alternate option? I am sure there is a way!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

MayFlowers, if I find a 5k To do around October and am in shape enough to do it I will let you know. :appl: Good luck with the new exercise routine!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Sunday check-in: my weight is pretty much the same after my vacation, though I'll admit I don't think I've stayed in my calorie range since I've been home. :oops: I have still gone to the gym, though. It's been spring break so I'm still also in a sort of break mentality even though I'm home. Tomorrow is back to school so I'll make sure to get back on track. Good luck to everyone else this week!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Staying the same weight after a vacation is pretty awesome I'd say!!

I stayed the same this week as well. Splurged on a dinner one night but also kicked up my workouts so it may be muscle preventing me from losing the last few pounds. Either that or I have made a nice home for those pounds and they are not ready to leave! Oh well!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Muscle indeed. Since I've starting running my leg muscles have become really defined.

Friday I went over to SO's parents house and his mom told me I was looking skinny. Yay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results