LIW Bootcamp

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

I hear all that, katey!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Uuuggghhhh I am super frustrated with weight stuff this morning. Basically for the past week, with traveling and then getting home to find virtually no food in the house and then overeating at New Year's and having no self-control yesterday and spending an extra 180 calories on chocolate, I have NOT stuck to calories. I've gotten in 3 cardio sessions this week, but I knew I was doing them in hopes that the extra calories wouldn't hurt too much, rather than in hopes of taking off more weight. The past few days, the scale has said 130.6, but today it said 131.6. Whatever the "true" weight, it's up from 129 last Sunday (although I wasn't on my usual scale so maybe that wasn't even right). So I really need to buckle down starting TODAY and go back to not cheating. Today was supposed to be my 17-pound day and if 131.6 is correct, I'm only down 14.4.

YET, I recognize that losing even 14.4 pounds over the last semester was a really good thing (AND I paid off my $1,800 credit card bill, so the two goals that I made to do that and lose weight were a total success). So I'll try not to be too down about the possible weight gain this week and the fact that I'm a couple of pounds behind.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Unlucky I know what you mean!! I found it ridiculously hard to keep track of what I was eating over the holidays. But kudos to your weight loss thus far AND paying off your credit card debts! That's something to be proud of! The rest of the weight will come off as it should and now that the holidays are over it should be less stressful. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

On my end I lost 2.2 pounds and my Weight Watchers app congratulated me on my 10% loss and then "yelled" at me for losing weight too quickly. A few weeks since starting I went over 2lbs/week so I understand where they are coming from. My kickboxing gym was closed this week and I only worked out once (terrible unmotivated workout too). I notice that the more I kickbox the less weight I lose (more muscle gained I assume). Every week where I have a high amount loss is when I kickbox less than twice a week. Then of course if I do well all week I can derail my weigh in by eating something high in sodium or whatnot towards the end of the week. But at any rate, I'm exercising, eating much better (I'm eating my points and ridiculously obsessive about making sure I track) and I'm not too concerned.

So here's an update:

Starting Weight (10/10/10): 147
Current Weight: 131.8
Goal Weight : 120

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Wowza, congrats on losing 2.2! And hey, we are like weight sisters!--what with having the same-ish starting (146), current (130.6), and goal (120) weights. Of course you knocked the same amount I did off in a month less time. ;-) But you're right-- if I go back to tracking religiously and my usual workouts (which finally happened yesterday), the rest of the weight should come off without a problem. (Incidentally, I weigh one pound less today and I did yesterday. I forgot that I may be carrying extra water weight this week since it's that time of the month.) In addition to my regular elliptical sessions, I'm also adding a pilates class this semester and a class called "Spring Break a Sweat" where it's 30 mins of cardio and then 30 mins of strength and interval training (each once a week), so my hope is that those two classes will not only help me kick the last few pounds but will also create some muscle toning underneath the fat. I was never aiming for a bikini body or anything but hey I might as well do it anyway. Katey, thanks for checking in and good luck this week!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Ya know I was thinking that after I read your post that we are at about the same! It's amazing how much difference a few pounds make on someone my height. I'm 5'0" and I think I look drastically different. Not many people have noticed though!!

I like the sound of those exercise classes. I hope they're fun!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I'm 5'2" and no one has really said anything about my weight loss either. Even I thought that I didn't look much different (though my jeans are different) and I wondered how that could be. But then for Christmas my mom gave me and my patner this photo frame collage filled with pictures of the two of us from our beach trip over the summer, and I look at them now as I was creeping up to 150 and it's like "Holy cow!" I can definitely tell the difference. My face was much rounder and my stomach was HUGE. I was particularly self-conscious of my stomach because I'd always carried most of my weight in my thighs/butt and I'd always been VERY small in my chest and stomach. Putting on this weight was the first time I ever didn't have a flat stomach. I wouldn't let my partner touch me in the stomach area for a long time and it kind of hurt his feelings. Now that it's flattened out a lot I let him cuddle me there, but looking at the picture of me sitting in a chair, you can see that my stomach was extended beyond my (admittedly very small) boobs. He was finally like, "Ok, I can see why you were uncomfortable," though he still insisted that he found me attractive and would always find me beautiful, etc. etc. So it's good to see those pictures and be able to see the difference.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I ditto all of that exactly!! I went to St. Thomas back in August and I was looking at pictures. I was appalled at how I looked then. My torso is much smaller and my face looks a lot thinner now. My boyfriend had the same reaction when I showed him the pictures for comparison. I will work very hard to never look like those pictures again! That was the biggest I had ever been and I felt so awful about myself.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Biggest I had been, too. In high school I went from 115 to 135, so I did Weight Watchers and got back down to 117. Over the years it just crept back up to 146. Now that I'm doing so much work to get it off, I really never want to be in that position again, but I see now that even maintenance can be difficult over the years and through all the life-changes that happen. So once I hit my goal weight I REALLY need to figure that part out, haha. But it's good that we can look at old pictures as motivation.

should i be here

Shiny_Rock

I told my bf that one of the things I'd look forward to the most about a wedding was the motivation to lose some weight....

that said, here i am. Stats:

Ht: 5' 7"
current weight (as of this morning): 116.8lbs EEEEEEEk
goal: 110 in the morning before eating, etc.
goal 2: to be 110 regardless of whether i've eaten or not

I know, everyone says I'm skinny or whatnot, but it's just not where I want to be. And when I'm going home to eat dinner with the parents 3x a week or eating with the bf, it's hard to lose anything. Plus I don't have a gym membership.

Small goals perhaps, but in YEARS, i've never been able to accomplish them, no matter how close I was. So I'm looking forward to getting and giving support for losing weight! I haven't gone through the entire thread, but you guys sound like you're making really good progress.

I don't eat breakfast anymore, just a cup of coffee. Then a small-ish lunch. Today's lunch is a tuna sandwich I made myself.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Welcome to the thread! You sound very thin, especially given your height. (Many of us are 5'2" or less and have larger goal weights than yours.) Have you talked with a nutritionist about a healthy weight for yourself? I'm thinking that perhaps the reason you've not been able to reach 110 is because your body is resisting the drive any lower, that it very much wants to be at 116.8 or higher. I understand about eating out or with others a lot, that it might add unwanted weight-- but if you are eating regular portion sizes of healthy foods, then your body is probably at its set weight. And that should be the goal of anyone's weight loss plan: to eat regular portions of healthy foods, rather than double or triple portions or unhealhty foods, to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid medical issues later. If you're already eating regular portions of healthy foods, then your weight is probably at its healthiest lowest. Is there any reason you're skipping breakfast? Pretty much everyone says that, not only do you need breakfast to give your body some fuel in the morning, but that you're more likely to lose weight if you eat breakfast. It avoids hunger later in the day that might cause you to eat more than you need/plan to. I suggest meeting with a nutritionist before you begin-- I had been trying to lose weight for months with no results, so I met with one. She put me on a certain number of calories per day and we discussed healthy weights, as well as the right ratio of calories from fats, protein, and carbs. I'm so thankful I met with her! (Although I don't seem to be losing yet this week--grrr.)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

128.4 today, and that puts me mostly back on track, since it means I've lost 17.6 pounds in 18 weeks. For the first few days of the week I wasn't showing any weight loss, so mid-week I changed the regular elliptical routine I've been doing for a while now to doing intervals on the elliptical. That seemed to help boost the weight loss. Down 3.2 from last week. That was just a long time coming since I'd been hanging around the same pound for the last 3 weeks of December. Whew! Glad to be moving on. Closing in on my goal weight, which was about 125, but I think I'll make a new goal of 120.

How is everyone else? Kateydid05, I'm sure you rocked it as usual!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Haha thanks Unlucky!! Congrats on your awesome loss!!I I am down 2lbs even. I am now at 129.8 and I can't even tell you the last time I saw that number...sometime in 2008 I think. I have started to put money aside for new clothes and such when I hit my goal. I have been hiding under sweatshirts and big clothes for awhile and once I hit my goal weight I decided I want to update the wardrobe. I'm 25 going on 26 (and I look like I'm about 16 haha) and I need to dress a little better or at least get better quality clothes that will last and much of my old wardrobe does not fit anymore. Shelling out that money hurts less when I realized how hard I have worked for it :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Go katey!! You're right, it's incredible to see the 120s on a scale again. And yay for you getting to buy new clothes soon! I still have a lot of old pairs of jeans that stopped fitting, so I figured I'd try those on again and maybe shop if I needed to. I've been wearing that pair of size 6 jeans I bought at Thanksgiving. Even they are starting to loosen up a bit. I can't imagine what it would be like to fit into a 4 again. Good luck this week!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

I am so frustrated with myself. I just can't believe that I have lost all motivation and haven't been keeping up with my weight loss. I am starting over as of this week. I am student teaching now, and while it takes up all of my time in the day, it frees up my nights to workout and finish up planning for the next day.

I plan to weigh in on Mondays. So, I will probably update here Monday night or Tuesdays. So, here I am for a THIRD time...

CW-149.0
GW-125
Height-5'4"

I had been planning to train and run a mini marathon this spring, but it turns out that there is a family outing that morning that I cannot miss so I won't be able to do it. But, there are plenty of other races. Since I am student teaching, it is much easier for me to control my diet too. I only have 15 minutes to eat so I don't have time to go and get fast food. I have been eating so much better. The exercise is what I really need to ramp up. We had a snow day today, so when I get off here I am going to go workout and I'm actually excited about it. I'm ready to change what I look like and feel like.

Also, does anyone know why our weight fluctuates so much throughout a week? Last Monday I weighed myself at 148.5. I then got on the scale every morning all last week and my weight steadily declined down to 146.0 by Saturday. I didn't overeat or anything on the weekend but by this Monday I was back up to 149. I'm just a little confused by it. It makes me wonder what my true weight is.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Welcome back, MayFlowers! I've missed you around here. Don't be so hard on yourself-- so you took a month off and now you're back, no biggie. :)

Our weight fluctuates mostly due to water. We carry more water some days, less water other days. (You'd be surprised at how much water weighs!) When you consume more salt/sodium, you retain more water, so you may not overeat or anything but you may have eaten something high in salt, causing your body to hold onto some water. I know a 3-pound fluctuation sounds like a lot, especially for people our heights and weights, but it happens. I guess in that sense you may never know your "true" weight but that's why it's so important to A. try not to weigh every day (I'm guilty of that, too), and B. only officially record your weight loss one day a week (or even more spaced out, like every two weeks). Remember that you have to consume 3,500 extra calories to truly gain a pound, and if you keep track of intake (eating) and outtake (exercise and daily living) calories, you'll know that you didn't ACTUALLY eat 3,500 whole calories that didn't get burned off, so any extra weight on the scale is not a cause for concern. Hope that helps!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock

Oh goodness, I "joined" on page 9. eeeps. During my short go with another user-name because my BF found out about the website. lol. Thank goodness we talk enough about marriage and engagement now that I have my name back. Anyways...

Good news: Weight is about the same. Went up 5 lbs for a while but I'm back to my 128. Still aiming for 115lbs. eek. I thought I needed to loose only 5-10 not 10-15. Yikes, we'll see. I don't like having a set in stone weight loss goal because I would probably get hell-bent on making it there whether I needed to or not. :tongue:

Bad News: Engagement timing has changed, for now. This job market sucks!! lol, cheers to hoping the BF gets a steady job soon...

I also do not own a scale so I will be "measuring" in instead. Its more accurate for my body anyways because I add tone a lot faster than I lose weight. I'll get my measurements when I get home from work today and post them. This is going to be fun !! (I hope!!)

Good luck everyone and we can do this! Below is my "may I join" from page 9. (slack much? lol!)

ooooh I would like to join please!! Image

CW: 128
GW: 115
Ht. 5'2"

I was 105-110 when I played a lot of sports 5 years ago at the end of HS and have slowly but surely added on weight as my knees went bad and I could no longer run. Image Seeing as I am hoping to be engaged by this time next year, I have plenty of time to change my eating habits and get back into shape before all those engagement photos! :)

Also, in response to the earlier comments about "healthy goals" and "realistic" and "body type". I agree that body type has some to do with it but there comes a point in which weight loss is still too much. I do not know about 5'6" and 110 lbs but I do know that at 105 and 5'2" in HS while being on 2 varsity teams, they tested my body fat every season because they thought I looked "too thin". I had a healthy body fat% and ate well, I just also ran 5+mi a day. If you can eat healthy (not starve), exercise a reasonable amount (not all day!), and hold your weight +/- 3-5 lbs it is a healthy weight for you.

Last note, don't judge yourself based on the scale, muscle weighs 2 times what fat does!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin|1294583196|2818105 said:
128.4 today, and that puts me mostly back on track, since it means I've lost 17.6 pounds in 18 weeks. For the first few days of the week I wasn't showing any weight loss, so mid-week I changed the regular elliptical routine I've been doing for a while now to doing intervals on the elliptical. That seemed to help boost the weight loss. Down 3.2 from last week. That was just a long time coming since I'd been hanging around the same pound for the last 3 weeks of December. Whew! Glad to be moving on. Closing in on my goal weight, which was about 125, but I think I'll make a new goal of 120.

How is everyone else? Kateydid05, I'm sure you rocked it as usual!

wow! That's awesome! Congrats on getting the weight moving again. Exciting to lower your goal I bet - congrats on being successful through the holidays, hard to do!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thank you for the congrats, and welcome to the thread! I've been keeping track of measurements too, but only once a month so the scale offers more gratification. ;-) I hope your weight loss is speedy (ditto for your engagement timeline) and easy!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all,

I'm giving it a go in 2011. I'm one of those people who was always naturally thin, and then--oops--my metabolism caught up. This year I turn 30, and I'm heavier than I've ever been. I'm not sure I want to post my starting weight...suffice it to say I want to lose about 30 lbs. I am, according to my BMI, right on the border between "overweight" and "obese." My Wii Fit called me obese this morning for the first time. Not a word I ever imagined being applied to me before. So I have to do something about it.

I do use Sparkpeople on and off to track food and exercise, but this year I'm trying to stay on. The holidays and this crazy period of moving house have meant eating a lot of junk and not having time or energy to exercise. But this week I'm taking back control. I have cooked healthy meals, eaten at the table with my boyfriend each night (no eating in front of the TV!), and, despite recovering from illness and lots of stress, I'm trying to exercise for at least a few minutes each day. I was so tired this morning I only managed 10 measly minutes, but I know I'm capable of a lot more, once I get my energy back! This weekend I'm going to start running again. I used to run half marathons, but now it's been about 3 mos. since I've done anything. So I'm starting with an easy 5K training plan, and I'll do walk/run intervals if I have to. I think just getting outside and doing something will really help. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, which means the short, dark days of winter seriously affect my mood and my health, but getting outside and doing something -anything- gives me a huge boost and makes me feel like more of a person again, instead of a machine that gets up and mindlessly goes to work despite her persistant exhaustion. So I start running on Saturday, and I'm trying to do at least a little exercise with my Wii exercise games each day. I also need to start strength training again, but I don't want to do too much, too soon and burn out, so I'll ease into that starting next week.

Thus far I've gained 2 lbs., lol, but it's only been a few days and I'm sure it's just natural fluctuation. And I haven't started seriously exercising yet, unless you count shoveling snow yesterday.

I guess I could really use some support. My boyfriend is fabulous about eating healthier meals, praising everything I cook), and encourages me to exercise to feel good about myself, but he's rather sedentary himself, so it's kind of hard to get motivated while he sleeps in or plays video games. Eventually, I'd like to see him live a healthier lifestyle as well, but I feel that has to be his decision, and I refuse to nag him. So for now, I'm on my own. Help me?

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey blacksand, welcome! :)

I use Sparkpeople, too-- I don't track my food there because I find it really time-consuming (I just use a magnetic whiteboard on my fridge to keep track of calories each day). But I do track my exercise, if only to keep myself accountable for doing it. I've found that, after many failed, half-hearted attempts at dieting or even just eating better or occasionally exercising, the thing that works for me is eating 1,500 calories a day and making sure to get in 3-5 cardio sessions a week. Sunday made 18 weeks since I started and I'd lost 17.6 pounds so I'm happy with that diet plan. (I should also add that SO and I DO eat in front of the TV, but I serve myself the exact amount I can eat, so there are no second servings and I don't have to worry about becoming a drone and zoning out in front of the TV and absent-mindedly eating more than I should.) Do you have a specific plan (e.g. an exact number of calories) or just a general idea to eat better and exercise more?

You're right about avoiding burn-out-- you seem to be in better shape than I was when I started (I'd exercise about once a week and I *hate* doing stuff outdoors, and I especially hate running). I eased myself in and started with just walking on a treadmill. Eventually I added an incline, and I'd walk/jog, then I moved to the elliptical, and now I do the elliptical with intervals. If I had started full-speed ahead (like those kids on MTV's new show "I Used to be Fat") I surely would have quit early.

Regarding "gaining" 2 pounds, remember that you have to consume (and not burn any of) 3,500 extra calories, which you've probably not done, so allow for water-weight fluctuations and don't stress about them. Is the scale going to be your primary measure of progress, or are you also measuring inches, relying on the fit of clothing, etc.?

Finally, re: your SO hanging out while you exercise, don't let it get you down! I often feel resentful when I'm working on school stuff and my SO is surfing the internet or watching TV, but like my grad school journey is about me, this weight-loss journey is about YOU! And who knows, maybe after a few weeks he will feel inspired to join. For now, just remember that you have a whole other community of SOs (supportive others) :) in this thread. Post any time you need support or motivation-- we're here for you!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks UnluckyTwin! It really helps to have some support. Congrats on your 17 lb. weight loss. It's pretty amazing when you think that's about as much as a 4 mo. old baby.

I am trying to stay in my calorie range as prescribed by SparkPeople, which puts me at around 1500 calories per day as well. I like tracking food on SparkPeople because I can also track protein, calcium, potassium, vitamin B12, and pretty much whatever else I'm interested in. It's really enlightening to see where I overdo it and where I'm deficient. It's also more fun if it feels like I'm working toward something (i.e., meeting my calcium requirement for the day), rather than depriving myself of something. That said, tracking food does take a long time and is not very realistic in the long term. I will probably do it for a few months until I get to a point where i feel comfortable estimating and just eating good portions of healthy food. I'm definitely not there yet.

I am not in great shape at the moment, but I have been in decent shape the past. I wasn't skinny, but I was pretty strong. I used to dance ballet (recreationally, the chubby girl in the adult class) and run quite a bit. I was actually training for a marathon last year, but I burned out, crashed, got depressed, stopped exercising, and started overeating big time. So I am trying to ease back into it, but I'm being careful not to overdo it so I don't burn out again. I think confidence (or lack thereof) is a big thing for me. Once I start looking better and feeling stronger, I know I'll be motivated and excited to work out. For now, since I'm just starting over, I really have to push myself. I'd really like to get back into both running and ballet eventually, but I'm not feeling super confident about either just yet. I'm not too keen on donning a leotard in my current state! So we'll see. I'm just doing short workouts for now and trying to keep it light and fun. I did some DDR on the Wii this morning. That was a laugh. I'm so bad at it, but it's fun!

I'm not too worried about my weight, and I know I tend to fluctuate quite a bit just with water weight. But I have to admit that is still my primary measure. I do take my measurements with a tape measure ocassionally. I suppose I should do more of that. Also, when I was in better shape, I was mostly concerned with muscle tone and how strong I felt. I'm not there yet, still flabby. But hopefully soon!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I'm utterly unfamiliar with children but I do know that every day that I get closer to losing 20 pounds, my weight loss gets closer to equaling one big box of cat litter that we use to refill our kitties' litter boxes. Whoa! I can't imagine carrying that thing around all day-- to think it used to be on my body!

You make a good point about tracking particular vitamins and nutrients each day-- I do NOT do that but I know it's important. I know I don't get in enough calcium and iron, along with probably other stuff that's flying under my radar. Good job keeping track of those (and I LOVE how you use it as a motivating goal)! When I started tracking calories it took me a while, too. Every night I'd completely plan and pack my food for the next day so I wouldn't have to spend time doing it during busy days. But now that I've been doing this for a while, I have pretty much all of my usual foods memorized, so I really only need to add stuff up when we make a new recipe.

Re: measuring, I've heard you're supposed to do it once a month, so I've been doing it every 4 weeks. It pays off, but I still can't keep away from that scale! Argh!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

:nono: Weighed in at 128.2 today, which is only 0.2 down from last week.

All week I've been hovering at 129.6 (with the exception of Wednesday, when I weighed in at about 127), so it's nice that the number is a little down from 129.6 since today is the day I write it down, but uuuugggghhhhh what is the hold up? I counted calories all week and didn't go over. I went to the gym 5 times and did intervals. I should be hanging out at 127 solidly. Blah.

The group fitness classes at our gym at school start back up this week. That means that I get to reintroduce pilates into my routine once a week (which isn't cardio but I haven't done any strength training since I began the diet in September), as well as a once-a-week class called "Spring Break a Sweat" that's 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of intervals/strength training. Here's to hoping that those two classes, plus an additional 3 cardio sessions, will get me out of this rut.

In other news, I'm embarrassed to admit that a few days ago I was cleaning out some dresser drawers and my eyes fell upon the bathing suit I bought at the end of last summer when I was at my heaviest and was looking for a two-piece that would decrease the appearance of jiggle and bulge-- and tried it on! :oops: I was thinking "Okay, I've lost almost 18 pounds, surely this thing will be so big it will be falling off!" (I only tried on the bottom piece.) WRONG! I'm definitely smaller in it-- there's no love handles or stomach pooch. And I've decided it was certainly the wrong kind of suit-- it has a ruffle that, instead of helping to hide (still-present) saddlebags, draws attention to the widest part of me since it is so wide itself. Nonetheless, my upper thighs are still jiggly, I still have saddlebags, my stomach is smaller but still soft-- I in no way feel bikini-ready. Bummer.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me! It helps me to see everyone else lose so I can live vicariously through them. :) And I know I sound down but really it's okay-- I'll just keep on working towards losing (this isn't one of those "OMG it's not working let me just go eat a gallon of ice cream because who cares") and HOPEFULLY with those group fitness classes I'll see more results.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

UnluckyTwin, I'm sorry your week hasn't been as great as you wanted. But, I'm so glad you are not letting it get you down. I think that was one of the things I struggled with so many times. Any time my numbers weren't going down as much as I wanted, I would get frustrated and end up giving up. But, it is very important to remember that any loss is a good loss. We all have our good and bad weeks.

I got in four great cardio workouts this week and I feel I did pretty well with my calories. So, hopefully the scale will reflect that tomorrow. BF has also put on some weight recently and he suggested a few days ago that we try P90X together. I am not currently in shape at all and I'm a little worried that it will be too difficult for me. We haven't decided if we are going to get it yet, but I'm hoping if we do that he will be an extra support for me to push through and do it. I wish I had the money for a gym membership, as I would love to take Pilates or spinning classes, or even just having access to a treadmill. I was in my best shape while I played volleyball and had to run all the time before practices and gyms. So, I really want to try to start running again, but it's way too cold to run outside here. And, since I'm student teaching, I don't have a job so I really don't have the money for a membership anywhere right now.

This week I'm going to also start incorporating Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. All I did last week was cardio and I love her videos. They really kick my butt in a good way.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I've heard awesome stuff about 30 Day Shred! Haven't ever looked into it myself and probably I'd die, but I am concerned also that, while people really like it at first and they're all pumped about getting hotted up, they seem to not stick with it, like maybe they suffer burnout pretty soon. Although I guess that's the trend with most people and weight loss anyway, so maybe it's not as specific to 30DS as my brain seems to think. Let me know what you think of it!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I am only down .6 (I am 129.2 now) this week but it is that time of the month and all I have wanted is salty food...so it's a no brainer what happened this week. I'm not too worried about it.

A girl I know is going away on vacation in a month or two and is trying to shed weight for it (she's skinny too). She lost 7lbs in one week. I do not know her well enough to chime in and let her know that weight loss that drastic (meaning too much too quick) is not good for the body. I know that when she is back from vacation she will go right back to her old ways.

I suppose that since I started WW I have become biased against those people doing the fad/yo-yo diet things. I am a big proponent of "diet and exercise" now and I have to keep in check not to judge other people for their choices.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking back in! I'm down to 146.2! That's a 2.8 pound loss!! I'm so excited! I know that I should not expect those results every week. So, I'm really going to focus on actually counting and recording my calories this week.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Katey, congrats on another loss! And I TOTALLY know what you mean about wanting to say something to people who are losing too much weight too quickly. Hopefully this woman you know isn't going to keep this up after her vacation, but lord, if she ever actually wants to permanently lose weight, I hope she does it the right way...

MayFlowers, yay!!! I'm super jealous! (Incidentally I stepped on the scale this morning and I weighed 1.4 more than I did yesterday-- poo on all this!) Keep up the awesome work and good luck counting calories. Remember, after a couple of weeks of counting, you'll have your basic foods memorized and it'll be much easier.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Well done everyone on the weight loss.

I'm exactly a week in and was not expecting huge results from my first week, but even so, I'm disappointed. I haven't lost a thing. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I "gained" 2 lbs. a few days after I started (which I'm sure was all water weight and normal fluctuation, so I wasn't too worried). A week later, and here I am, still about .5 lbs. above my starting weight. I've met my calorie and nutrient goals every day this past week and exercised each day. I even did a run for the first time in what feels like centuries. It's been difficult and I'm sweating my arse off, but the weight hasn't budged, except a little bit in the wrong direction. Ugh.

I'm still going, though. Started incorporating a little strength training as of this morning and am going to try to keep up with my running plan (although freezing rain and snow today were not my allies). I think my boyfriend may be getting me a treadmill for my birthday in a few weeks, so that will help. He was really cute, very timidly asking me how I would feel if I received a treadmill as a present, making sure I wouldn't be offended or take it to mean he thinks I'm fat. I really, really, really want a treadmill I can use at home, so I reassured him I would not be offended AT ALL. So we'll see what happens!

Hopefully next week I'll have some tangible signs of progress. It's hard to stay motivated when you're working your butt off and it's just not showing. I can't say I feel better, either. My allergies have been dragging me down all week, and allergy meds. make me sleepy and cranky. And things at work have been just awful. But I'm keeping at it. I'm sure I will have a breakthrough one of these days.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Do you think it could be losing fat and gaining muscle? Whatever the reason (and believe me, I know it's frustrating not to lose-- my scale still insists on 129.6 or 129.4 each morning), keep in mind that you're living healthy and that's important. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results