shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

It's been a hard week for me, too. I walked Monday and Tuesday, 3.5mph uphill, but only for a half hour each day. I worked late on Wednesday and I never exercise on Thursdays because I have late classes, so I will HAVE to go to the gym tomorrow and Saturday to make four workouts before weigh-in on Sunday. But I still have so much work to do and I really want to go to a Halloween party tonight so finding the time will continue to be hard. The least I can say is that despite all the stress I've counted every single calorie and not exceeded 1,500 a day. We'll see how it goes on Sunday. My thesis defense is in less than a week so hopefully the extra stress will go away soon.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Sunday, weigh-in day! Guess this wasn't such a bad week after all. With tracking every calorie and only making it to the gym 3 times instead of the usual 4-5, I still lost 2 pounds! Weighed in at 137.2. If I lose my pound for this coming week, then next week I will have lost 10 pounds since starting! That's really exciting and would also be about the half-way point since my goal was to lose 20. I really hope I can make it-- I have 3 dinners out planned for the week since people want to celebrate my thesis defense. Although I should add that I don't know where the weight is coming from-- I still don't think I've gone down a jean size, and my thighs (the fattiest part of me) still look huge and dimply to me. (Yuck, I know.) I'd like to go home for Thanksgiving and actually have people notice that I lost over 10 pounds since the last time they saw me.

Anywho, how did you other ladies do this week?

Well ladies, I have some bad news. I am going to have to take a break from this thread and basically the PS community for a few weeks. I am just way too busy with school and work to make time for PS. I have 3 of my 5 major assignments for my classes due within the next two weeks. In addition to that, I have countless other smaller homework assignments and my final senior portfolio due in the next two weeks. My portfolio has been my major focus because I have to complete it to show that I have met all the standards required by the state to be a proficient teacher. Without a satisfactory portfolio, I cannot graduate or become certified.

So, I'm sad to say that weight loss, exercise, and eating right have been the farthest thing from my mind lately. I didn't weigh in this morning because I had a horrible week and I don't want to discourage myself too much. I am still trying to make smart eating choices, but it is definitely not what I am currently focused on.

I will be back after these next few weeks are over and some stress has been lifted. I will still lurk occasionally when I have a few extra minutes, but I really don't have the time to post. I plan to check back in officially on Nov. 14. So, I wish you ladies all the luck in the world and I will see you soon!!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Good luck MayFlowers!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I apparently gained .8 this week but that's fine by me. I added a few more heavy bag/plyometric classes and really worked hard so I'm guessing it's more muscle developing. My shape has definitely changed a little and my pants are more loose this week. People are starting to notice a difference. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Awesome katey!! I wish my body was changing that much. Almost 10 pounds lost and my jeans are still a little tight right out of the dryer. They're looser during the day but not loose enough to move down a jean size yet. :-/

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Unlucky, I've been in denial about my weight gain for awhile and I REFUSED to buy new jeans because I did not intend to be this size too much longer. I haven't gone down a size yet but they are definitely more comfortable to wear. People have noticed a change in my face for the most part. I feel it in my tummy. Weight Watchers is definitely working. I wish I wasn't stuck on the computer all day for work and grad school work because I really want to be more active.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Katey, having to buy new jeans every couple of months is totally what set me over the edge to get my weight back under control. I hated spending money, I hated shopping, and I hated only have two pairs of wearable jeans and having to do laundry frequently since I wear jeans every day. One of the pairs that fits now is just about worn out and I'm hoping that I can move down a size before they do. I do NOT want to replace them only to (hopefully) wear them for a few weeks-- what a waste that would be!

Already I bought a pair of jeans that I thought would be a nice transition pair one size down, but they are capri style and now that I (mostly) fit into them, it's getting cold out! By the time winter is over they should be too big for me-- waste #1.

I also bought a dress that I thought I'd wear for my thesis defense this week back at the end of July, thinking that it looked good on me but it would look even better if I lost just a couple of pounds in my hips/thighs. I tried it on yesterday to start preparing for the defense and it's almost just as tight in the hips/thighs as it was when I bought it, but now it's VERY big and baggy in the boobs, stomach, and waist, which I guess is where my weight loss is coming from. So it looks big on top and small on bottom-- awkward!-- waste #2. My hope is that I'll eventually lose weight in my bottom half and then I can have the whole dress taken in because it really is such a cute dress.

In the meantime for my defense, I'm foced into wearing another outfit that is business-appropriate-- which I haven't had to wear since I was a good deal lighter than I am now since ALL I wear now are jeans and t-shirts! The pants are tight but at least I can breathe in them and the defense is only an hour long and I can change after. Ugh clothing is really the most depressing part of being overweight for me.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Another check-in day! This one is my favorite so far because I can proudly say that as of this week I have successfully defended my master's thesis and lost 10 pounds!! Weighed in at 136.0 this morning, originally weighed 146.0 when I started the diet 9 weeks ago. So I'm 1 pound ahead of schedule and halfway to my goal. I really didn't think I'd make it this week-- I knew we'd eat out a few times so I tried to undereat by 100 calories on the days when we did not to make up for any mistaken overeating at the restaurants, but I only made it to the gym 3 times instead of my goal 4 and I thought, "There's no way I'll lose weight this week." Honestly I was just hoping not to gain. So yay!

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

Oh wow! Congratulations, your doing great!

I downloaded all 7 Harry Potter audio books to listen to while I walk! I walked about 2 hours over the weekend, and my best friend is coming over this afternoon so we can go for a long walk together.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Holy cow I'll bet you walk three marathons before those books are over!! Do they make audio books for iPods? I should look into that. I watch the TV at the gym but after the half-hour sitcom is over (and during commercials) I remember how much I hate exercise and convince myself that I should be done for the day. Occasionally I listen to my music but it's so easy for the music to fade into the background since I know it so well and then the foreground is filled with thoughts of hating exericse. :angryfire:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Weighed in yesterday morning with a loss of 2.8lbs!! Since I started on 10/10 I am down 5.6! Making very good progress and couldn't be happier.

This upcoming week should be interesting. I am having some tests done to make sure my Crohn's is staying away and these tests require clear liquids and some nasty prep the day before. I'm wondering how this will affect my weigh in. I have to make sure I do not gorge myself silly when the test is over! I am not looking forward to this! Oh well.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats katey! Good luck with the tests. If you binge afterwards, oh well, it's a rare occasion and it doesn't mean you're no longer in a diet mindset. Just means you're flippin' hungry!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

That's a good point. I still want to stay within my daily points for the day and honestly with the whole situation the part that angers me the most is no food the day before! haha. I'll get over it though. If that's my biggest problem that day that's nothing! haha :bigsmile:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

Yep I listen to my Audio books on my iPhone!

I am having dessert for dinner tonight... just thought I should confess ;(

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

LOL such a dramatic "confession" with tears and all! It'll be ok.

Unfortunately, I've stuck to my calories this week and gone to the gym and everything, but I'm so curious that I keep getting on the scale every morning and the number keeps going UP!! :( It could be water weight or muscle gain since I started a new exercise but I hope the scale reads 135 on Sunday! It's only going up in tenths of a pound but ugh.

Oh, and I got "Frankenstein" on audio book for my iPod. Haven't started it yet but plan to today.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

Ladies,

how do you get audio books for ipod?

I am starting on Monday. Got a trainer twice a week and then treadmill and hypoxi starting next week.

Looking forward to getting back on track.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I just Google'd "free audio books for ipod" or something close to that. Found a website that had a big list of them. There are probably other sites where you can buy them and iTunes probably has some but I just wanted to be cheap until I found out if it was something I would like.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Alrighty, exactly 2 pounds down this week, to 134.0! That's 12 pounds in 10 weeks. I started using the elliptical instead of the treadmill and that has been really good for me. It's low impact, which I appreciate, and I was starting to get to used to the treadmill, so getting on the elliptical means I break more of a sweat and don't have to stay on as long. Plus mentally it feels good to think of myself as being able to "run" for 30 minutes straight, even though I know that's not technically what I'm doing. I get a good burn in my legs while I use it, which I guess is okay, but I have a good bit of muscle in my thighs and I don't want them to get any bigger since they are the reason that I'm not yet going down in pants sizes. I took my measurements today since it's been a month since I last took them and it appears that I'm losing inches in my stomach, which is good since that was hit hardest by the weight gain, but even though I'm also losing inches in my butt and thighs and saddlebags, those inches are coming off a LOT slower. I've always had a bigger lower half than upper half (except when I did Weight Watchers) and I wish I'd get smaller down there faster since I'm totally fine with the size of my upper body. Oh well. Slow and steady wins the race, or whatever.

So, 2 pounds! If the elliptical allows me to lose 2 pounds every week until my goal weight, that means I'd only have about 5 weeks left on this diet. A girl can dream! I've been thinking about Thanksgiving and Christmas since I am going home to visit family and I don't want to gain during those weeks. My aunt makes this delicious fudge and my mom makes these special cookies.... Agh! The only thing that may save me (if I can resist the fudge and cookies) is that, since I am the only vegetarian in my family, I pretty much do my own cooking while I'm down there since my family is big on meat and doesn't eat veggies. So I've been collecting some lower-calorie recipes that I could eat while everyone else has delicious foods, and that I hope they will want to eat, too (like a potato dish). Plus my vegetarian SO is coming with me for the Christmas trip so he can help me with some of the cooking since I'm pretty sucky at it.

How did everyone else do this week?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Well I'm back! The two weeks of hell have finally passed and the semester is all downhill from here! I had way too many sleepless nights this past week because of all the stuff I had to stay up doing and I am so excited to be able to sleep again! Last night I slept about 13 hours and I woke up around 9. Then I fell back asleep and took a two hour nap! It feels so good! :D

Anyways, the bad part is that on my little break I gained 3 pounds :oops: I am now up to 145 lb. I'm trying not to feel too guilty since I was so busy. But, I'm fully ready to get back to work on my weight loss! I am going to start walking/running and I am going to start doing the 30 Day Shred video again. I love that video and it really gives me a great workout so I'm excited. I also have always wanted to run the mini marathon that my city holds every year around April and since I haven't run in forever, I figure now is the best time to ease back into so I can start the real training at the beginning of the new year. Also, I have been looking at pictures of myself from high school and I guess I never really realized just how skinny I was because I during that time I was never happy with the way I *thought* I looked or the number that showed up on the scale (135lb) and because I hardly ever exercised. But seeing the pictures showed me just how in shape and thin I was. I realized that the only exercise I ever did was for the volleyball team and we started our practices by running for the first 20-30 minutes.

So, I'm hoping that if I can start running again and keep up with it, that I will at least lose some inches even if the number on the scale doesn't really reflect the loss.

UnluckyTwin, congrats on the loss! You have really been doing great!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks MayFlowers! It's definitely been hard work since counting calories is on my mind every single day and I've had to pass on some delicious foods, but I've got a fire under my butt that would have gone out long ago if I had not seen as much progress as I have. I'm starting to worry about whether I can maintain my goal weight, since I've lost weight before and apparently did not, but I guess I still have some time before I need to think about how to pull that off.

As for your weigh-in, don't worry about it! As a student myself, I know how AWESOME it is to pass the peak of the semester, and sometimes it's just impossible to take care of yourself! Getting through the semester is definitely a bigger accomplishment than losing a pound or two. You ALWAYS have a chance to lose the weight, but successfully getting through your classes is a one-shot deal. :)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I am down 1.4 this week so now I am at 138.8!! That's almost 10 pounds down since I started! My jeans are loose (not quite able to go down a size yet), my face is thinner, and I am all around smaller. Very happy with my progress!!

My tests on Thursday went very well (minus the prep for it which I'll spare the details on) and am happy to say that currently there is NO active disease in my intestine! That means I can stop medication! I still have Crohn's but I am considered to be in remission. It was a very awesome day!!!!! There is no telling when the disease may come back but until then...YAY!

What I was not happy about is according to the weight tracker on WW, I have lost 5% of my starting weight and it readjusted my daily points. I lost 1 :(( I know it is all for a good reason but it still sucks. Regardless this process has been relatively easy so I'll adjust to the change.

On another note, I joined a second gym. The one I currently belong to is an MMA gym and I use that for my heavy bag/plyometric class. They do not have very flexible hours so during the weekend I'm fending for myself. The apartment complex I live in built a new gym and is free to residents so I figured I'd be stupid if I didn't join. I can walk (or run) to it and it'll serve me well when I can't get to my MMA gym.

So that's my update! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Katey, congrats on the weight loss AND on the tests! I remember going down in points in WW-- it's a good thing! Although I myself am getting conflicting messages right now. I use SparkPeople to track my calories, exercise, weight, and measurements, and since I started the eliptical last week I got a message from them saying if I was going to burn more calories, I needed to eat more. THEN when I plugged in my weight on Sunday I got a message from them saying since I had lost 12 pounds, I should eat a little less since your body needs fewer calories the lighter it gets. So should I eat more or less?! Haha. (I'm actually eating the same 1,500 a day.)

prettybug

Rough_Rock

well, my big day is july 17 2011....
I am: 124
goal: 120
5 3'
4pds from my goal... but when me and my FH started dating I was 152 :shock: so I came a long ways from where I am now.
I really did not work out much, I watch what I ate....stuff like that.....and the pds just came off!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Welcome prettybug! Congratulations on your previous weight loss. What is your plan for the last four pounds?

Weighed in at 134.0 today, exactly the same as last week. I'm actually excited about that-- I've been sick all week so I only went to the gym twice (and that was difficult), and while I did count all my calories, I'm pretty sure on two days I accidentally overate by just a bit thanks to estimation error. So to stay exactly the same is actually good-- I'm glad I didn't gain. Plus I'm still at 12 pounds in 11 weeks so 1 pound ahead of schedule! :)

So this week, for Americans, is Thanksgiving! Since I've basically been sitting on the couch coughing up a lung and haven't been able to go to the gym, I've spent time making my Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday meal plans so I stay on track when I go to visit family and friends. I leave town on Wednesday to visit my parents, who have an elliptical in their house, so my goal is to do the same number of workouts this week as I would any other week (er, once I stop coughing so much, that is). I've also got low-calorie recipes ready to go so hopefully next Sunday I weigh-in with a loss! (Hm, I'll be using their scale, which may be different from mine...)

How did everyone else do? Any other Americans celebrating Thanksgiving (or at least visiting people for the school/work break, since "celebrating" is too strong a word for what I'm doing since I'm still pretty pissed about what we did to the Native Americans)? What's your game plan?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Well I weighed in at 144.5. It's only a half pound loss, but for my first week back on the weight loss thing, I'm happy with it. I watched what I ate better than I thought I would, but I did have a hard time fitting all my exercise in. I only got to run/walk with my pup a few days because I did still have a big presentation I had to give last Thursday which I spent a lot of time on. But, overall I'm happy with how the week went.

This week BF and I will be spending lots of time doing the Thanksgiving thing. His parents are divorced and his dad lives about an hour and a half away. So, we drive to his dad's and eat Thanksgiving lunch with them and that side of the family in the morning. Then we are going to his mom's side of the family for Thanksgiving dinner. Usually we go to my parents as well in between his two sides of the family, but my birthday is the day after Thanksgiving this year and my uncle is coming in town. So, my parents are going to be having a big dinner then instead of on Thanksgiving.

My main goal is to not *gain* weight this week. With my time off school, I should have plenty of time to fit in some extra exercise. Plus, on the day after Thanksgiving, BF and my parents all have to go back to work, but I do not. And I never do any shopping that day either (I worked in retail on Black Friday too many times, and there would have to be a hell of a deal on something that I really really wanted to get me back in those stores in all that madness). So, I should have plenty of time that day to exercise, watch a movie and celebrate my birthday! :D

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I lost a pound this week and I'm now down to 137.8! Nothing new to report this week. Haven't really been hungry and I noticed that if I do eat a big meal I don't feel too well. I suppose that's a good thing!

Celebrating Thanksgiving this week. Weight Watchers has a really cool cheat sheet that outlines food choices for the holiday and I'm prepared for the damage that i will do. For the most part my thanksgiving meal consists of all my points in a day!! That's turkey breast, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and dessert!!! Amazing but at least I'm ready! My cousin is also in town which means seeing my family that I haven't seen in almost 3 months. We are taking her to NYC on Saturday so that's another day I need to be careful with. I'll pack myself some snacks I suppose. I am hoping to not gain this week. With everything going on I highly doubt I will lose. Fingers crossed!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on the losses, MayFlowers and katey! I think you two have a point about trying not to *gain*, if not lose, over the holidays. Perhaps I should prepare myself for that. I'm still sick but am going to try and lightly do the elliptical tonight. We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario, if I start coughing too much, I'll just get off of it.

Natalie, are you out there this week?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in at 144.3! That's right a 0.3 lb loss on the week of Thanksgiving and my birthday! I feel pretty darn happy about it considering that I ate out on Wednesday, had Thanksgiving lunch *and* dinner on Thursday, had dinner and dessert for my birthday on Friday and ate out again with friends yesterday!

I think my big thing in helping me to not gain, and actually lose a teeny bit, was watching my portions. I didn't eat Thanksgiving with my family this year, we visited SO's dad's side and then his mom's side (hence the thanksgiving lunch and dinner). It wasn't a lot of food that I was used to and it wasn't cooked the way I'm used to, so turning down seconds and keeping my portions small was pretty easy. Now, if we had eaten at my parent's, I don't know how well I would have been able to control myself because I simply LOVE my mom's Thanksgiving dinners! I also didn't eat any desserts or drink any alcohol, knowing that I would have cake for my birthday the next day and probably drink some alcohol with my friends on Saturday.

This is the last week of the semester, so I'm finishing up all my big projects today and through the rest of this week. I have also started getting a nasty cough. It's mainly getting worse at night and when I am sleeping, so hopefully that won't interfere with my cardio workouts too much. I really hate running or being on the elliptical and hacking up my lungs the whole time :knockout:

I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else's week went!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Checking in this week at 135.6! That is a 2.2 loss this week...despite Thanksgiving and a day out in NYC! I kept on track this week prior to Thanksgiving because I knew I would be eating a lot. On Thanksgiving I really watched my portions and realized that I was full sooner than I thought. On Saturday I took my cousin to NYC for the day and although we ate out in the city, I ate smartly and I also brought snacks. We also walked for about 5 hours so I am sure that helped! Very pleased that I was able to lose so much this week!! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results