shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

Is anyone else using LiveStrong.com? It's like weight watchers but fo' free, yo' : ) No but seriously I LOVE it. It tracks my calories for me, sets caloric intake goals, and even logs my exercising calories burned : D

My weight lifting teacher showed me this wonderful little gem. I hope it helps someone else : D

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Well here I am checking in! I did pretty well last week. Only took one day off exercising. My eating definitely could have been better though. I just got off a ten hour shift at the daycare and spent 4 1/2 of those hours at a pool in 95+ degree weather. So, I'm pretty tired and I'm trying so hard to motivate myself to go workout.

This week's weigh-in--so I only lost 0.6 lb, but I think if I really focus on my eating habits this week I will do much better!

HW-149
CW-148.0
GW-120-125

Oh and Kagordo, I don't use that website. I have an app on my iPhone called Lose It. It tracks my calories and exercise and everything. Plus it has a really simple and easy interface. I have made my own graphs in terms of weight and measurements. So, I don't really need a program that has that. I really like this app and it even sends me reminders if I haven't logged my meals!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock

Oh that's cool. I actually haven't heard of, Lose it. Livestrong has an iPhone app too. What did we ever do before these wonderful inventions? It's like my life in post-card sized form.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah I know! These apps seriously make it so much easier. Last summer when I was calorie counting, I had a piece of paper that I added everything up on. If something didn't list the calories on the back, I looked it up on CalorieKing and then wrote it on my paper. That was obviously before I got an iPhone hahaha. I just finished working out and I feel great! I'm so glad I got the motivation to do it. And though I was feeling a little down about only losing about a 1/2 lb, I'm feeling much better about it. Any loss is a good loss right?

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock

Yes ma'am! I'm holding steady, and for my crazy life (we're moving...) I'm happy with that.

Get it : )

heyme

Rough_Rock

I want to join in!

I'm 5'6.5" and 168 right now. I know. I am 5'6" and a half. I don't ever know if I should round up or down, so I include the half inch. I'm on Weight Watchers online (again) because it's the only thing that I ever really lost weight with... but that was one time out of the maybe 5x I've been on it. Ugh.

I started on WW again in Feb at 170lbs. Got down to 163 in the beginning of June and now I'm back up to 168. :(

According to WW at 5'6" the healthy weight range is 124 - 155 and for 5'7" it's 128-160. I'm not sure what my true goal weight is. I'd like to just see how I am when I get there. But for now I'm setting the goal weight of 150. I think I'd be happy around 145, give or take a few lbs. But we'll see!

I guess I should also mention that I'm a Vegetarian. A few months into being a Vegetarian (it's been over 2 years now), my cousin said "If you're a Vegetarian, why are you still fat?" Yeah. It really happened.

My goal today is to drink my recommended servings of water and to actually get to 5 servings of fruits/veggies. Maybe I should head to the grocery store since all we really have are bananas and peaches right now.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock

Checking in at 157.6lbs : ) yay! This is the first time I've actually seen some "loss"! Livestrong and my new trainer are balling : ) Good luck everyone!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in at 146.6 lb! I am so excited about this loss! This week I'm going to be really focusing on controlling my portion sizes when I eat. Good luck everyone!

heyme

Rough_Rock

Down to 167 lbs! Only 1 lb lost, but better than nothing! Hoping to do better this week. I'm REALLY bad at keeping on track when I'm eating with my boyfriend and sister (they LIVE with me) because they could care less what they eat and I start to adopt that habit. Bah!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Weighing in here at 146.0. Another 0.6lb loss! I think stress and eating caused my loss to not be so great.

Thursday I got some horrible news about school. They cancelled one of the classes I needed to take and it's now only being offered as a night class. Which means that my financial situation has just become worse because I can only work one day a week. What's even worse is that they just told us this last Thursday and classes start next week! Needless to say I was very upset and freaking out about what I am going to do in order to afford everything. BF took me out to dinner on Thursday and let me get my absolute favorite dinner, which is of course loaded with calories and fat. But, boy did it taste good. We hadn't gone out to eat since March, so it was very nice to get to do so and I don't regret it.

Hopefully I will do better next week! Good luck ladies!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock

In the last week and a half I dropped 5lbs. :appl: I've entered into a challenge and I'm trying my hardest to win. I started working out again 3 times a week for a little over an hour, very intense workouts. I have a trainer now that I'm working with and I'm tracking my calories on an iPhone app. I've been strict about no fried foods or eating late at night (my two biggest downfalls before). Good luck to everyone out there trying to shed some weight.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Glitz, I just wanted to say Congrats on the loss! That's a huge accomplishment! I also wanted to say that I totally understand about the fried foods. I love anything fried. It's just so good. It's really hard for me to stay away from it because BF loves fried food. The only difference is that he won't gain weight from eating it and I will.

Food is the one thing that I really need to focus on these days. I am exercising regularly and I feel good about that. But, if I could just teach myself to eat better, I know the weight will just melt off. I've done it before, but I have always had to completely give up those fattening foods that just taste oh so good. This time it's been a lot harder to go without those foods and I find myself indluging more than I should. But, it's a process and I'm still working on it.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock

After going to the doctor and finding out I weighed 150 lbs I've decided I need to stop the slow and steady incline my weight has taken!!

I'm 5'3 and pretty curvaceous. I think I looked my best at 135 lbs, even though that's a little higher than most height/weight ratios would put my goal weight...

so...

GW: 135
CW:150

I'm trying to actually get to the gym, and to choose the salad bar at work, vs. the wendy's right next door ( I work in a hospital). I've also cut out ANY eating after dinner. I'd snack til I dropped if given the chance. I've been brushing my teeth and using very very minty mouth wash right after dinner, which makes anything taste pretty weird for a good 3 hours. it's worked so far!!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

:wavey: Gonna join up to this thread, too!

Two years ago I started graduate school after breaking up with my SO of three years (I was wicked depressed about it) and moving across the country. Needless to say I gained a few pounds that year what with not exercising and eating out all the time. At the end of my first year of school I started a new relationship and we moved in together a few months later, so between living with new SO (who eats a good bit, though he stays very trim with ultimate frisbee) and using hormonal birth control, my weight has gone up a lot and every few months I have to buy new pants. (I've gone from an Old Navy size 6 to an Old Navy size 10 since starting school.)

So, it's high time to lose weight. I did Weight Watchers in high school and lost about 20 pounds, but with all of that weight being back and more, I simply don't have time to measure and count points on everything. So, I saw a nutritionist and she put me on a 1,500 calorie a day diet, which I have been sticking to. I've also started going to the gym a lot more, about 6 out of 7 days of the week. (I've actually been going to the gym for a while, but I would focus more on pilates or yoga rather than aerobic exercises that would take the weight off.) The nutritionist said with that plan, I should lose 1 lb. a week. In my first week, I lost 1.2 pounds. This is week 2 and I weigh myself on Sundays.

Starting weight 9/5/10-- 146.0
Weigh-in 9/12/10-- 144.8
Goal weight-- something like 120-125 would be best for me

I know I should also take my measurements, especially since even on my digital scale my weight fluctuates a couple of pounds through the days of the week. I'll do that tonight. (Though I probably won't share the measurements.)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin said:
Weigh-in 9/12/10-- 144.8

Weigh-in 9/19/10-- 143.0

That's 1.8 pounds down this week for a grand total of 3 lbs. in two weeks! Yay!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
Weigh-in 9/12/10-- 144.8

Weigh-in 9/19/10-- 143.0

Weigh-in 9/26/10-- 143.2

That means no weight loss this week (and in fact, 0.2 gain, which I consider to be pretty insignificant). Dang it! I counted all my calories and hit the gym 4 times in the last 7 days. Although I know sometimes we weigh ourselves and we've changed by 2-3 pounds in a 24-hour period, so maybe I hit the "wrong" time, but I did it first thing when I woke up as usual. Bummer.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
Weigh-in 9/12/10-- 144.8

Weigh-in 9/19/10-- 143.0

Weigh-in 9/26/10-- 143.2

That means no weight loss this week (and in fact, 0.2 gain, which I consider to be pretty insignificant). Dang it! I counted all my calories and hit the gym 4 times in the last 7 days. Although I know sometimes we weigh ourselves and we've changed by 2-3 pounds in a 24-hour period, so maybe I hit the "wrong" time, but I did it first thing when I woke up as usual. Bummer.

I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves more than once a week because the numbers get kind of meaningless but I just had to get on the scale this morning since I didn't see any weight loss yesterday. It said 142.2, which doesn't really mean I lost a pound yesterday but even knowing it's possible for me to hit that weight from where I started is the encouragement I needed to keep going.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Checking in here! I haven't been in here for a while :oops: so I thought I would post since UnluckyTwin has been posting.

I weighed in this morning at 145.3. It's a loss from last time I posted, but things have been crazy busy with me recently and I have been sick since Thursday (major head cold/cough :( ) and so that number has jumped all over the place the past few weeks.

I am going to have to find a new routine to get into concerning my exercise and eating habits. School is keeping me really busy these days and I am getting ready to start a second job. So, the time when I had been working out, I will now be at work. So, I'm trying to find some time to work out.

I'm probably going to start checking in on Sundays, simply because it's easier for me to remember to weigh on Sundays than it is on Mondays. See ya next Sunday!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hey MayFlowers! Thanks for checking back in. :) Congrats on still staying down from last check-in. And yeah, Sunday is my weigh day too, things get hectic come Monday. Good luck with getting a schedule worked out; looking forward to continuing to hear from you. :)

bebe0912

Rough_Rock

Can I join in too?!? I am not engaged, and after last night's conversation probably nowhere near it ;( :nono:, but I REALLLLLY want to lose weight before that happens. I have said several times "I refuse to get married fat." Which I hate myself for because that's really not what it should be about. There is your window into my weight/self-esteem related issues! Anyway, I have a lot more to lose than most of you but I could really use some extra motivation!

CW - 196
GW - 145

Height - 5'7"

I have never weighed this much in my life, feel awful, and really need to figure out why I can't seem to get my head motivated!! I can use any and all support you all have to offer!

Thanks and good luck to you all!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bebe -- You can do it!

Hi ladies :wavey:

I'm engaged now so not really a LIW anymore but you're all so wonderful that I hope you'll let me stick around. I tried to get going earlier but sort of disappeared from the weight loss stuff when I hurt my ankle (just a sprain but it really stuck around for a long time). I'd like to get back at the exercise and improve my eating too. Since I hurt my ankle I've gained weight. At one point I was 13 pounds heavier than I was when I said I wanted to lose 20 pounds ;( (thankfully some of that has gone away)

I'm 5' 3" tall.

cw: 158
gw: 130 (may want to do a bit more, but this is my current goal. Once there, I'll see how I'm feeling & looking then decide if losing a few more pounds would be healthy for me)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hi Bebe and TooPatient! Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Bebe, I have found a plan that works for me no matter my motivation level (cause some days I really wanna eat badly). I visited the school nutritionist to figure out how to lose weight (I'd been exercising a lot and not losing anything) and she put me on a 1500 calories-a-day diet. Every night, I spend about ten minutes planning what to eat the next day and counting all the calories. I package those things up, have my breakfast in the morning, carry my lunch with me to school, and have a perfectly-measured dinner (and sometimes, when calories allow, a snack or two). That way, it's not up to me to have to make decisions during the day about what to eat or how much. No matter if I feel too tired or have a craving, I know my meal is already packaged and ready to go, no exceptions. When SO and I cook, we fix our plates and then immediately measure the remaining food and put it into tupperware so it's easy to grab on the way out the door (and so we don't have to rely on fast food/restaurants any more). So far, I've been going for about 3.5 weeks and haven't cheated a single time. (Although the state fair is coming up Oct. 18 and I am definitely having some funnel cake no matter what!)

Glitz

Shiny_Rock

bebe0912 said:
I have said several times "I refuse to get married fat." Which I hate myself for because that's really not what it should be about. There is your window into my weight/self-esteem related issues!

I can totally relate to you bebe0912, when I was a bridesmaid last year I had an awful time trying on those dresses, the standard bridal salon sample size seemed to be 8-10 ... which in normal clothing would be closer to 6-8 (I'm a 12-14). I just want to have a good experience trying on my wedding dress (when that day finally comes!). I also have been hating my photos lately and haven't added new ones to facebook in a long time, and whenever someone tags me I un-tag it just as fast! I want to love my wedding photo's and show them off, same with engagement photos.

I was to ashamed to post my stats before, but whatever here it goes:

Current Weight: 199.5
Goal Weight: 130-140
Height: 5'5"

*Before I met SO I was maintaining 130 very comfortably, I also felt confidant and sexy at that weight.

UnluckyTwin before I met my SO and lived on my own I would pre-package and freeze my leftovers. It was so easy to just grab one from the freezer and warm it up, and I would know that it was perfectly proportioned. I would only eat 1, even if I still wanted more when I was done. After 15mins I wouldn't even be hungry anymore, and proud that I had the willpower to say no. My problem now is that I just don't cook at home anymore and rely a lot on subway and drive thru's ... I have fallon off the wagon again :nono:

The good news is I'm still down the 5 pounds that I lost when I last posted and we had our first measurements taken. I actually lost quite a few inches (4 off of each thigh!). I haven't been to the workout class in a week though, since it's outdoors and has been cold and raining ... yes I know these are excuses. I will drag my lazy but to class tonight though, good luck everyone!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Glitz, I hear ya about having time to cook! Fortunately SO helps out a lot and we have several go-to recipes that are fast. But we also have no shame about just having boxed pasta and alfredo sauce from a jar, frozen pizza, and frozen (then steamed) vegetables. Most of the meals we make take 30 mins or less and the 30 minutes usually don't require much of our work (like when we set the rice cooker on and then don't come back till the very end to add steamed vegetables--microwaved-- and thai or indian sauce from a jar). I know it's not as good (taste or health-wise) to rely on boxed/canned/jarred/frozen foods, but we simply can't be gourmet chefs right now and it's better than relying on eating out. (I know there are easy recipes with fresh foods that don't require us to be gourmet chefs, but I am really TERRIBLE in the kitchen and all that chopping and stuff takes more time than we have!) Welcome back to the thread and good luck!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

UnluckyTwin said:
Hi Bebe and TooPatient! Thanks for joining in and good luck!

Bebe, I have found a plan that works for me no matter my motivation level (cause some days I really wanna eat badly). I visited the school nutritionist to figure out how to lose weight (I'd been exercising a lot and not losing anything) and she put me on a 1500 calories-a-day diet. Every night, I spend about ten minutes planning what to eat the next day and counting all the calories. I package those things up, have my breakfast in the morning, carry my lunch with me to school, and have a perfectly-measured dinner (and sometimes, when calories allow, a snack or two). That way, it's not up to me to have to make decisions during the day about what to eat or how much. No matter if I feel too tired or have a craving, I know my meal is already packaged and ready to go, no exceptions. When SO and I cook, we fix our plates and then immediately measure the remaining food and put it into tupperware so it's easy to grab on the way out the door (and so we don't have to rely on fast food/restaurants any more). So far, I've been going for about 3.5 weeks and haven't cheated a single time. (Although the state fair is coming up Oct. 18 and I am definitely having some funnel cake no matter what!)

Great work!

I love that idea. I'm going to have to give that a try using Spark People's food tracking thing. I bet it would be a huge help if I had stuff planned and ready to go (maybe even ingredients prepped for dinner cooking???).

I just joined the October Spark Buddy team challenge and the Lose 10 pounds in October challenge :-o
Hopefully the weekly goal and team support from the one + the ambitious goal and support from the other + you lovely ladies will keep me going.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You know.....

We're coming up on (already in?) soup season. I love soup but usually don't feel like taking the time to make it so we don't eat it as often as would be nice.

So......

I bet soup could be made from scratch on a weekend in a big batch and then all but a meal or two worth frozen in portioned bags and frozen for quick & healthy meals later.

If I do this enough weekends, we could have a nice assortment of varieties and plenty for those nights where we're too busy/tired to cook. (which is when we tend to either order something or cook less than healthy)

butternut squash soup
Greek lemon/chicken soup
minestrone

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

I use Spark People but I don't use their food tracking. I track my exercise and my water and I read the articles and stuff, but I find the food tracking too difficult because you have to pick from their already-input options. Like, I can't just say "lunch-- soup-- 100 calories." (Or maybe I can and I don't know how yet.) So I track the food on my own.

And I DEFINITELY have been relying on soup to make this work. I found some canned soups that are 100 calories each, so I usually bring one of those for lunch, maybe with a little something on the side. And my SO makes a soup that's about 330 calories for a large portion and makes TWELVE(!) servings, although we could stand to learn how to make different varieties of soup. He made it last Friday and we barely had to grocery shop for this week because we knew we'd have the leftovers for dinner every night, so it saved us about half our weekly grocery bill. I love soup and could eat it every single day, so it's worked well for my diet.

Good luck everyone!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
UnluckyTwin said:
Weigh-in 9/12/10-- 144.8

Weigh-in 9/19/10-- 143.0

Weigh-in 9/26/10-- 143.2

I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves more than once a week because the numbers get kind of meaningless but I just had to get on the scale this morning since I didn't see any weight loss yesterday. It said 142.2, which doesn't really mean I lost a pound yesterday but even knowing it's possible for me to hit that weight from where I started is the encouragement I needed to keep going.

Weigh-in 10/3/10-- 141.6

So that is a loss compared to the last time I weighed in on last Sunday/Monday. It means that in my first 4 weeks, I lost 4.4 lbs-- right on track, but it feels painfully slow to only lose 1 lb/week! 15-20 pounds to go still...

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

I am too scared to weigh in (I get depressed) but I will keep a daily food/excercize diary here if you would like some company :)

45 min walk today. Salad for lunch (they had no balsamic viniger and so just left dressing off!) No idea what is for dinner yet!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for the company. :) And good job on the walk! When I go to the gym, I usually do a 3.5mph uphill walk on the treadmill. It's hard for me to go a full 45 minutes and I usually crap out at 35-40 mins. I know I could do 45 mins if I really made myself, but it's hard to avoid getting lazy. I admire you for that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results