color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/24/2009 11:31:53 PM
Author: Jessie702
okay, had another bad day, i had cookies today for a snack. For breakfast, i had cup of coffee, than for lunch i had a burger, but it made me sick, so it came up and than i had cookies at lunch, a small bowl of ghetti and a few cookies, im gona have to work doubly hard on my exercise and dieting tommorow
Boo. I hate having bad diet days! I''ve had quite a few the last week. Hopefully the walking I will do on vacation tomorrow will offset the crap I''ll most likely be eating
7.gif
. I WILL however wear my pedometer and see how much walking I do in Disney!!
9.gif
. Good Luck this week ladies! I''ll be back next Thursday!

Laura
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Have a great trip Laura...

So i made up my day by my hour yoda workout. I must say the more advance you are, the harder it is. I dont know if ill ever be able to stand on my head, like them!
32.gif

Today as been well, i have had 2 bottles of water and gronala bar, work was crazy this morning when i got it. Gonna have slim-fast for lunch than a good dinner. For exercis tonight, its gonna be jogging with on of the doggies and crunches....i have firgured i gotta change up the routine so im not bored.

Tip for the day_ Its embarrassing but if you dance in your car, youll burn extra calories and lose more weight!

Lost another pound so that makes it 11 LBS so far....
31.gif

Lets finish up this week, and weekend strong, for a great start for next week and July....remeber gotta be healthy and gotta look great in engagement pics and wedding pics and gowns!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm late to the party, but better late than never, right?

I have a b-day in late August and an anni in Sept, and possibly a vacation in a month, so I need to get CRACKIN'!

Currently:165ish (I don't own a scale, but that was my last trip to the docter in Feb)
Goal: 125/size 4 (my pre Grad school + depression weight/size, lol)

Daily plan: 30 mins with the dog, and 1 hour of cardio or strength
Food: Natural foods! No processed shit. (excuse my french)
12.gif
Lots of fruits and greens!

Motivations: HEALTH! Bathing suits, birthday, anni, and... losing weight while my FSIL is losing baby weight! Helps to be a liiiiittle competitive, right???
27.gif

I have P90X and 30 Day Shred, anyone else using those? I haven't had a chance to browse the whole thread yet, so sorry if redundant...

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Trill, I like your idea of focusing on natural foods instead of the processed junk. I think my diet needs a little cleaning up.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 1:59:02 AM
Author: trillionaire
I have P90X and 30 Day Shred, anyone else using those? I haven''t had a chance to browse the whole thread yet, so sorry if redundant...

yes to the shred, and M''s going to rip his P90X and send it to me so i can get cracking on that. well when he remembers to...
25.gif

i''m going to have to up my calories though if i want to start doing those regularly. that would require dragging myself out of bed so i remember to grab food to take with me to work
20.gif
best diet ever: the run out the door, darn i forgot food again diet. burn calories by running around, energy/metabolisim boost form adrenaline, and forced calorie cut.

speaking of, never take two 5 hour energy shots on an empty stomach. i''m friends with the sample lady and hadn''t seen her in a while, so i accidentally spend my whole lunch break chatting with her yesterday, and was just sipping on the yummy fruit flavored drinks cause i was thirsty. who says 16,666% of your daily recommended value of b-12 is bad for you?
37.gif
ok it was more like this
32.gif

in fact, i''m going to go eat oatmeal now just to be safe. and thankfully she''s sampling gum today, so unless it''s nicorette and i completely space and have a ton i should be just peachy.

i''ll weigh myself tonight since i missed the party wednesday

audball

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I''m back! We''re all moved in to our new place and settled. It was a long last weekend and week, let me tell you! I had a lot of bad days during moving (just no time to cook, etc.) but made ok choices considering. I weighed myself this morning and even with all the crap food, was still down 1.2 pounds, I was pretty happy considering. Back on track...keep it up ladies!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 6:39:02 PM
Author: misskitty
Trill, I like your idea of focusing on natural foods instead of the processed junk. I think my diet needs a little cleaning up.
yeah, I''ve gone overboard on fast/processed foods in the past few years!
38.gif
39.gif
14.gif
I think our bodies do a natural repair job with little effort when eating natural foods. I want to cut back on salts and sugars, and NO fried food... or pizza!

Plan for today:

breakfast: fruit! Peaches, blueberries and strawberries!
18.gif

Lunch: Salad - black bean salad w/ vermont white cheddar (cheese is kind of my ''cheat'', since I don''t eat salad dressing!) or asian salad from Panera

Dinner: I''m thinking Roasted Veggies (squash, Zucchini, eggplant, garlic, onions, etc) and fresh salmon, baked

Drinks: tea, water and ACV/Water, maybe fresh squeeze lemonade with Stevia

Snacks: carrots and PB, or almonds, applesauce with cinnamon, or a piece of fruit.

1 hr workout

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
well i have to say that i''ve been a very bad girl!!!

with all the drinking and great eating in Vegas i''ve fallen off the ban-wagon...

I''m up about 8 pounds from last week! eeek...

I need to do some major damage control this week, no donuts for me
7.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome back ladies! I did not do too bad this weekend, even though C dang near shoved a waffle down my throat. I still didnt do bad. I did go up 2 LBS, but thats do to it being a certain time of the month
29.gif
So im back on my wagon again.

Friday, we stayed close to home, my mom wasnt feeling well. We went out to dinner, but ended up having breakfast, and food made me sick. Than we went home, and started going through some of his moms stuff, and thats when i got my promise ring. HeHe, and a very nice bracelet. Than we also talked about his ring, and a desgin i think he would like.

Saturday C, and i put together our turtles new tank. It was a LOT of work, we had to sand the cabinet its on, stain it, move the tank in the house, stain part of it, reseal it. Than ran to the store to get Speedi, thats the turtle, some rocks and stuff. Went back home, and than started putting everything together. which meant, lifting the cabinet, lifting the tank, putting like 8 gallons of water in it. Moving the turtle....than getting rid of the old tank. So lots of work. Than we went to Dinner with friends, and i had some brocelli, fruit and a chicken finger. Somehow, thats a bad combantion and i got sick. After we got home, we went for a swim. O and did i mention that inbetween going to the store and lifting, i did some yoga. C, likes when i do yoga
31.gif

Sunday, had like 2 bites of my moms pizza at the mall, and than i cooked 2 cornish hens, but ended up having the white meat that C didnt eat and some corn. Im just not really hungry right now, but im not complaining. So i did walking around the mall, and body hurts from yoga, so ill take a day off.

Tommorow, i need to double my water, and stay under 1200 calories, and ill do my crunches.....lets have a great week ladies.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Monday, all!! Sorry I have not checked in for several days... I was away from the computer, since I moved this weekend. SO glad that''s done - things feel much more settled now.

My weekend was OK - with the move, I was extremely active and didn''t have a lot of time to eat... so I guess that''s good.
1.gif

Also, since we are no longer spending late nights working on the kitchen, I am getting to bed at a decent hour. So this morning, I woke up and hit the treadmill for 25 minutes. Yeah!!

Brought my lunch today, so... I will be eating healthy and drinking all my water today.

Have a great day!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I hope you do well today Curlysue.....and its okay.....we completely understand when one cant check in.

So today has been good....just slim-fast....ill get a salad later....and......crystal Light Slush
18.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
must get back on track
9.gif

shopping burns calories, right?
31.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Why Yes....Yes it does!
27.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 1:59:02 AM
Author: trillionaire
Wow, I''m late to the party, but better late than never, right?

I have a b-day in late August and an anni in Sept, and possibly a vacation in a month, so I need to get CRACKIN''!

Currently:165ish (I don''t own a scale, but that was my last trip to the docter in Feb)

Goal: 125/size 4 (my pre Grad school + depression weight/size, lol)

Daily plan: 30 mins with the dog, and 1 hour of cardio or strength

Food: Natural foods! No processed shit. (excuse my french)
12.gif
Lots of fruits and greens!

Motivations: HEALTH! Bathing suits, birthday, anni, and... losing weight while my FSIL is losing baby weight! Helps to be a liiiiittle competitive, right???
27.gif

I have P90X and 30 Day Shred, anyone else using those? I haven''t had a chance to browse the whole thread yet, so sorry if redundant...

I''ve been trying to eat more natural foods too! When you eat healthy, I think you just feel better. I always have after-fast food woes. Not so much from guilt of eating fast food, but a general slugishness that comes from eating nasty greasy foods.

Beware of food disguised to look natural though. I bought these wheaty whole-grain healthy looking Ritz crackers called ''Crackerfuls'' only to realize later they had a crap-ton of salt and saturated fats!
8.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I was out of town for a week at a conference and kind of fell off the wagon.

We did our monthly totals for our office step program and I'm the second worst out of an office of 12.
emembarrassed.gif

On the upside, I have a lot of room to win "most improved"? Eheh...

Beware of food disguised to look natural though. I bought these wheaty whole-grain healthy looking Ritz crackers called 'Crackerfuls' only to realize later they had a crap-ton of salt and saturated fats!

szh07 you are so right! I always have to play the "find the hidden trans-fat and high fructose corn syrup" game! A little saturated fat is good for you, but trans-fat is like playing russian roulette with food! And they put HFCS in absolutely EVERYTHING.

audball

Ideal_Rock
So far so good for me today/this week.

Yesterday: Breakfast was a bowl of Special K, forgot to pack lunch so had to hit to food court. I steered away from soda for water (yay!), got a side of apple slices instead of fries, and had a small packet of chicken nuggets from ChickFilA (only 260 calories, not the worst choice I presume). Dinner was a turkey burger with green beans and whole grain brown rice. I had one (diet) soda with dinner and the rest was water.

Today: Breakfast was a bowl of Special K, packed a chicken sandwich and some light lay''s chips with water for lunch. Will make baked chicken, some kind of veggie, and probably some more brown rice for dinner.

I''m still so tired from moving that I haven''t started up any exercise specifically, but thankfully our new place is three stories so I''ve been doing A LOT of stairs on a daily basis, especially while getting used to where we put everything.

KatM

Shiny_Rock
wow, i''m super late but i would love to join. incidentally, i started trying to lose on the same day this thread was started but i never noticed the thread!

in less than three weeks i''m moving to be with the bf (nearly 4 years total, 2 years ldr) and i want to feel like i''m getting a fresh start. i envy all of you who are working out, i injured a ligament in may and refused to stop working out, so now i''m on a forced month off (i get to start running again on 7/11!)

As soon as I get the all-clear to start running again, I will continue my training for the Chicago Marathon in October. Anyone else in training for a specific event?

start: 175 (I''m 5''11")
Current: 169
Goal: 150-155

another pear shaped girl here: 34-26-42

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Well I was really good yesterday... ate well and exercised :)

This weeks goal... work out for at least 45 mins a day (Monday - Friday) Saturday off and run 5 miles Sunday...

so I''m on track this week so far :) I know I have the will to continue on a great path

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Just realized I forgot to check in today...

Yesterday was a pretty good day, though BF and I decided to split a bottle of wine after dinner (which was grilled chicken and a small portion of potato salad). Otherwise - great eating AND exercise day.

No work out today, but eating habits are on track and should stay that way tonight.

I did step on the scale this morning and was down two pounds from last week... hmm... might just have been a fluke. I'll see tomorrow if I'm back up...

Have a great rest of the day.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so im having an okay day. I had breakfast with my boss, which ended up being sauages, some potatoes and fruit. Than for lunch i had half a chicken wrap from Jasons Deli and a small bag of cookies. I am so gonna have to double my crunches for the night because of the cookies.
38.gif
O well, they were yummy
18.gif

Im so glad to hear, that everyone is doing good...come on ladies...lets keep up the good work!
35.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Wednesday!!!

Day was pretty good yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were solid - I stuck with my pre-planned lunches and did not snack during the day. Got through all my water.

Dinner was a cheeseburger from the grill and some chips and guacamole. Not super-healthy, but portions were pretty moderate.

Had to get to work an hour early today (booo), so no workout this a.m. Unfortunately, I need to take a day trip for work tomorrow and will be on a plane SUPER EARLY in the morning and again late in the evening, so a workout tomorrow is out of the question. The upside is that I have time off from work from July 3rd through the 12th. So that will be prime-time for me to get back into a better workout routine.

I did weigh myself today, and I am down one pound from last week and from my starting weight. So I am at 157 now. Yeeah.

How is everyone else doing??

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
It''soo hard to get motivated to work out AND eat healthier. I''m 24 and def fell out of shape after college. I walked everywhere while in college now all i do is take the car
7.gif
I love good food which is always sooo unhealthy... so my attempts to work out really don''t matter.

I''m 5''2 or 5''3 or in between and weigh 115. I swear i gained like 10 lbs over the past 2 years. I would like to get back down to 105 since im short and have a small frame, but everyone thinks im crazy. To tone up is one thing im told but to lose 10 lbs im seen as crazy. I dont know maybe i am...but i want to be healthier... just giving my thoughts...i hope to have a fall wedding next year so i have time and just waiting on my future fiance to propose ( he said 2-3 months) I want to be healthy for the rest of my life not just for this one year...life''s too short not to take care of your health and body...its just not easy in my opinion...

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 11:26:10 AM
Author: vetrogrl
It''soo hard to get motivated to work out AND eat healthier. I''m 24 and def fell out of shape after college. I walked everywhere while in college now all i do is take the car
7.gif
I love good food which is always sooo unhealthy... so my attempts to work out really don''t matter.

I''m 5''2 or 5''3 or in between and weigh 115. I swear i gained like 10 lbs over the past 2 years. I would like to get back down to 105 since im short and have a small frame, but everyone thinks im crazy. To tone up is one thing im told but to lose 10 lbs im seen as crazy. I dont know maybe i am...but i want to be healthier... just giving my thoughts...i hope to have a fall wedding next year so i have time and just waiting on my future fiance to propose ( he said 2-3 months) I want to be healthy for the rest of my life not just for this one year...life''s too short not to take care of your health and body...its just not easy in my opinion...
I agree completely, vetrogrl.

I think it''s easy to lose weight - but to actually make changes that can keep you fit and healthy for life can be a much bigger challenge. So I try to focus on implementing one very healthy change at a time so I can sustain it. When I try to do a bunch of things at once, I find it harder to keep up with it.

Currently, I''m working on eating the right portion sizes and ensuring I hit all the right food groups every day. And getting enough water every day. That''s it. Once I get into a good groove with that, I''ll start to focus on getting back into "running shape."

So maybe for you, you could just focus on getting a walking routine back in place. Then tweak your diet after that.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So, I''ve been wearing the pedometer for almost a week now, and I''m realizing that I''m only around 5,000 steps/day. That would be HALF of what I''m aiming for. Oops! Better kick that up a bit...

I''m working on eating healthier lunches and breakfasts this week, but I''m going to make some exceptions for dinners because the rest of this week has my birthday, B''s birthday, and our 2 year anniversary (and something tells me he won''t be thrilled with salads for those dinners!). Next week, the dinner menu is going to get a bit of an overhaul...

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful Morning to my favorite Ladies
35.gif
.....i have been doing well this week. I forgot to weigh myself this morning because i was running late for work
23.gif
, but i can tell if lost more weight. Things are getting looser and I can finally see some of the weight-loss. Its nice to be able to see it. Last night, i did 300 crunches and some yoga, but did bad for dinner, had a pnacake and some sausges....but they were so yummy.
18.gif
Than for luch, i had a low-fat al organic chicken wrap for lunch. I was surpised, it was actually good. Than i had breakfast with my boss. Not too bad, but not my best day, so i so have to make up for it today

Lets keep working hard....i know i gotta look good for myself

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 1:06:30 PM
Author: Jessie702
Wonderful Morning to my favorite Ladies
35.gif
.....i have been doing well this week. I forgot to weigh myself this morning because i was running late for work
23.gif
, but i can tell if lost more weight. Things are getting looser and I can finally see some of the weight-loss. Its nice to be able to see it. Last night, i did 300 crunches and some yoga, but did bad for dinner, had a pnacake and some sausges....but they were so yummy.
18.gif
Than for luch, i had a low-fat al organic chicken wrap for lunch. I was surpised, it was actually good. Than i had breakfast with my boss. Not too bad, but not my best day, so i so have to make up for it today

Lets keep working hard....i know i gotta look good for myself

Woo-hoo!!! Jessie, that is awesome. It''s one thing to see a number, but I think it is sooo much more fulfilling when you can actually see it and feel it!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Alright! Back from the camping trip (there were a lot of smores, and I just could not refuse them...) and did alot of swimming, rowing, etc...but my diet was kinda crummy

Here''s to getting back on the wagon!

*raises a glass-or eight-of water*

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 2:04:57 PM
Author: lilmissrugger
Alright! Back from the camping trip (there were a lot of smores, and I just could not refuse them...) and did alot of swimming, rowing, etc...but my diet was kinda crummy

Here''s to getting back on the wagon!

*raises a glass-or eight-of water*

Welcome back!

Oh, and NO ONE can refuse s''mores. NO ONE.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so i weighed myself tonight and i lost 13 lbs this month! YAY
36.gif

So Starting weight-273
Current weight-260
Goal-140

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!!!

And I''m glad you understand- smores are SO good! So are pudgie pies (if you''ve ever had one)

But I''m back on the wagon!

(and as soon as I get my proposal [HOPEFULLY this saturday!!!] my younger sister [my future MOH] and I will be embarking on a serious diet/exercise regimen)

WATER WATER WATER!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results