shape
carat
color
clarity

Listen to what BF said! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh... this is a little wordy but it made me really happy, so I''m posting it here.
35.gif

My BF''s birthday is coming up soon and I am pretty much stumped about what to get him. I thought about taking him on an overnight trip somewhere but he doesn''t want to do that right now. I''ve come up with a few ideas for gifts instead, and none of those are going to work, all for different reasons. I told him yesterday that I was frustrated with it because I want to get him something good, especially since he really put a lot of effort into my birthday a few months ago. He said not to worry about it so much, that him being with me is plenty... Aw, that''s adorable. :) (I''m still going to get him something though, of course, haha.)

But anyway, back to the reason I''m writing this whole post. I''d thought of getting him a ring for part of his birthday present. Nothing flashy, nothing major, just a band with some sort of pattern to it so it''s not completely plain. He showed me a while back a few ideas of wedding bands he would like to have, so I have an idea of the kind of rings he likes. I don''t want to pressure him any more than I know I already am about getting engaged/married, so I brought up the ring idea to him last night to make sure it was okay.

So I told him I thought of getting him a ring, and that I wasn''t proposing to him or anything like that, but I thought a ring would suit him. And that if he wanted one, I needed to get his ring size since I don''t have any idea what it is. I asked if he''d like a ring now, or if he''d rather wait till we are married, and he said he thinks he would rather wait. So, yet AGAIN, I was frustrated with getting him anything for his birthday since none of my ideas will work.

Then he says, "Well, what if you get a ring and I wear it on a necklace for now? And then eventually..." and he just kept making weird hand motions. And I said, "Eventually what? I''m not following you?" and he says, "Eventually..." and points at his ring finger on his left hand. So I said, "What, eventually have that as your wedding band?" And he smiled at me really big. I just kept looking at him like this
40.gif
and then he finally said yes, that was what he meant! What?! Hahaha. I said, "Well. Uh. That''s really sweet and seems neat, but I want your wedding band to be nice, and I didn''t plan to buy you a ring that pricey right now..." But how sweet is that of him to have said!

Anyway. I know a lot of us come here to vent sometimes, but this was pretty much the opposite of a vent for me. And I figure we can always use more positive posts around here! It really calmed me down a lot about all this worry over getting engaged/married. He''d be okay if I bought his future wedding band in the next couple weeks?! Just try to tell me that''s not a sign a proposal isn''t too far away! Eep!

30.gif
9.gif
31.gif

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet guy.

I''d be worried the chain would snap and he''d lose it. Or he''d discover what a pain neckalaces can be sometimes and take it off (either temporarily or long term)

josmar0623

Rough_Rock
Your post makes me happy. I know sometimes waiting to get engaged can take a toll on a person. I know it has for me so it''s nice reading a positive post.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FF can be difficult to. He doesn''t want to do anything for his birthday. He''d rather have something. Preferably something useful.

Here is what I''ve done for him:

2009 -- books (about 20 books on different topics. He loves to read and has commented that he never has anything new to read.) cost about $250 + a couple of bottles of nice wine + nice dinner & cake

2008 -- wine refrigerator (he loves wine) cost about $200 + another $100 worth of every day wine + $100 nice wine + made nice dinner & cake

2007 -- crystal decantor & glasses; cost about $300 + a couple of bottles of nice wine (decanter, silver tray, 12 red wine goblets, 8 white wine flutes) + made nice dinner & cake

2006 -- couple of DVDs, cooked a nice meal, I got dressed nice and set up a card table in the living room to eat at (we were in an apartment with almost no furniture, money very tight) cost about $40 for everything

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He sounds serious. Like he''s planning a proposal in the future. Better still, in the near future.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That is just sooooooo sweet!!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 4:18:17 PM
Author: TooPatient
He sounds serious. Like he''s planning a proposal in the future. Better still, in the near future.

Geez, I sure hope so!
9.gif
Thanks for your post of what you''ve done for FF''s past birthdays. Hopefully I can come up with something he''ll like. I''m sure I can. And yeah, I like necklaces personally, but only smaller ones, and I''m sure it would get on his nerves having a clunky ring on his neck when he''s not used to ANY necklace.

Glad my post made you guys smile!
37.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Crossmyfingers,

It''s neat to hear that your BF is cool with the whole future wedding ring thing.

Thinking about your BF''s birthday:

What about a gift certificate to a u-brew place so he can try and vint his own wine, and/or a realy in-depth wine tasting course?

Would he like a GPS for his vehical? those can be super useful for road trips etc. (a handheld one can be used for geocaching which is a fun hobby).

Keep us posted!

HD

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Hey HopeDream, thanks for the suggestions. He just bought a GPS a couple months ago before we took a road trip, and he actually already makes homemade beer and plans to do wine next... Maybe I will get him the stuff for a batch of wine, I know he''d like that. Good call!

He texted me today with another small idea for something he''d like so maybe I''ll get that too. Haha, he''d rather me stop thinking about it and him just give me ideas himself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results