shape
carat
color
clarity

Life so Busy

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe how the time has gotten away from me the last month.

No engagment yet, but things have been really good, we are actually in a bidding war on a very nice house! whoooooo!!!! And everytime the price goes up the stress gets a little more intense.

We are finally feeling like all our ducks have been kicked into a nice straight row. now we need to decide what kind of life we want and need for the next several years of our lives... and if we purchase a house, it might mean a small elopment kind of wedding...

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update! Good luck with the house. I'm a renter, so I can't relate.... but hopefully it'll work out and you'll end up with your new home! =)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great to hear from you, ILS! I was thinking about you and wondering how things were going, after the letters and the trip in California! Sounds very promising and exciting! A small elopement would be very romantic and memorable - its not who's there with you, its the exchanging of vows and the commitment of a lifetime promise. I hope things go well for the two of you with everything! :))

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! House bidding is super exciting, but also can be quite stressful. I hope you guys get it :) Glad to hear everything else is going well too! Next up: ring perhaps?!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: HOUSE?! Exciting!

and I agree with Enerchi! You def don't need a big wedding for it to be memorable or sweet! I would even say that the smaller it is, the more sweet it is! :love: (Madelise REALLY wants an elopement..)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on the house! So exciting and such a wonderful commitment to eachother! :appl:

My fingers are crossed for you guys!

Antique is thinking an elopement sounds better and more special every day... and so much less drama. Oh and $$$

:bigsmile:

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Ahh, that is so exciting!

Good luck :)) I hope you guys get the house, and that the rest of the process goes as smoothly as possible!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
:( We were outbid on our house, so it's back to the drawing board... there are currently no houses in our home town for sale that would even be a contender.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
:( We were outbid on our house, so it's back to the drawing board... there are currently no houses in our home town for sale that would even be a contender.

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry :(( I know it's a crappy feeling - we had a deal fall through a few months ago and after all the stress we'd gone through, I was ready to give up! Everyone kept saying something better would come along, and it did! We close next week.

So, stay positive! New stuff comes on the market every day - you never know when 'the one' will become available! :)) Does your realtor have you signed up for email alerts so you can get the newest listing info?
House dust to you two! (Is that a thing? If not, it should be...)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry *hugs*.
I hear from a few of my home owner and hopeful home owner friends about how hard it is to buy houses,
with people swooping in under your nose, offering more $ than you did, to take the house.

I hope something better comes up soon for you two ::)

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
it's really hard, because our population is about 1400 in our town, so there is limited housing. We are just going to continue living in our very small (like 700 sqf) house and save money (as he pays all the rent/utilities, and I make more then he does). We do believe that the "one" is out there...

No engagement yet, still... I really thought he would have done it by now... and I don't even think he is saving for a ring (as we are going to pick it out together after he proposes). Though my mom offered him her original wedding set, I don't really like it all that much but if he did decide to go that route I wouldn't mind because it's not really about a ring... (although that is a little hard to admit in this fourm)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILoveSpinel|1351723782|3296454 said:
it's really hard, because our population is about 1400 in our town, so there is limited housing. We are just going to continue living in our very small (like 700 sqf) house and save money (as he pays all the rent/utilities, and I make more then he does). We do believe that the "one" is out there...

No engagement yet, still... I really thought he would have done it by now... and I don't even think he is saving for a ring (as we are going to pick it out together after he proposes). Though my mom offered him her original wedding set, I don't really like it all that much but if he did decide to go that route I wouldn't mind because it's not really about a ring... (although that is a little hard to admit in this fourm)

:wavey: Hey! Any new news? Justin_Cutter has a few spinels listed on preloved… just an FYI :) since I'm thinking of you when I see these listings!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! How's house hunting?

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
house hunting bites the big one... we are currently putting a hold on it as we are going to vegas in Feb, and that's all we can think of!!! BECAUSE... We plan on eloping when we are there!!! We don't have a ring yet, but are 'engaged' I told him that if we plan on getting married in a few months we should get engaged first, then he said but I don't have a ring for you... so I said I didn't care. And that's that... no big over the top deal, I asked! said "Will you marry me", he said "yes", we were in the car driving. Happy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1354225151|3318646 said:
house hunting bites the big one... we are currently putting a hold on it as we are going to vegas in Feb, and that's all we can think of!!! BECAUSE... We plan on eloping when we are there!!! We don't have a ring yet, but are 'engaged' I told him that if we plan on getting married in a few months we should get engaged first, then he said but I don't have a ring for you... so I said I didn't care. And that's that... no big over the top deal, I asked! said "Will you marry me", he said "yes", we were in the car driving. Happy!
OMG! Congrats!! :) :) :) That's AMAZING!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
ILoveSpinel|1354225151|3318646 said:

ahh so exciting!!!!! Congrats!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Best wishes and congratulations ILS and Mr.ILS! :appl: So simple, just like that. :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Come back and let us know what your plans are! So happy for you!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ILS! :appl: :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS, ILS!! Please keep us updated on your plans! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
I hope you come back and share your plans! :)

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
no plans of yet... we aren't even telling anyone until he gets a chance to talk to my dad... I told him he needs to do it soon so that we can go ring shopping... but at the same time we might have to do our ring shopping online as there are no good jewelry store in my area... I'd love to sport a pretty sparkle on my hand by Christmas, but that might not happen... We are thinking about a possible Vegas elopement in Feb. then come back and announce that we married, but would still like to have a big reception later in the sping/fall.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Did you ever hear anything or show your SO the spinel from colorluvr on preloved?

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1355286524|3329100 said:
Did you ever hear anything or show your SO the spinel from colorluvr on preloved?
Yeah! Don't keep us hanging!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results