shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies ladies ladies! Dream rings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
So... what do you expect from your so for an e-ring? Do you have a budget yet? What do you really want?
28.gif

I''ll go first!!
27.gif
My budget is $10,000 and I''m putting that all into the diamond. I''m thinking a 1.50 - 2.00 carat Jubilee. It''s going to be set in either a tacori criss cross setting, or a custom setting by WF that''s a mixture of the criss cross and the Daniel K split crown collection, which I''m paying for myself because... size matters.
22.gif

Teehehe.
36.gif

neberingsdanielktacori.JPG

leoslove730

Rough_Rock
Wow - I really love the top ring you posted. It's absolutely beautiful!

I don't really have an exact ring in mind. Whatever bf picks out for me, I'm sure will be perfect.
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted the pics of the ring that I want (and got) in the other dream ring thread. Our budget was €10k so in dollars that was about 13500. I was hoping to be able to get a 1ct but was able to get 1.23ct.

myone.jpg

Hoping&Waiting

Rough_Rock
MY DREAM RING!!!!

I cant find an exact picture....

But I want a 2 carat princess cut center stone
with pave set band, with split shank, but not split so the band is almost two individual bands....only splits a little bit.

WOULD LOVE THIS!

I have found something close with tacori :)

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 2:23:29 PM
Author: Hoping&Waiting

...with split shank, but not split so the band is almost two individual bands....only splits a little bit.
I''m like that too. I want a V, not a huge arrow cut out of the band. It sounds like you want a split CROWN, not shank. I could be wrong in my wording though
33.gif

That''s why I like the Daniel K!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
My absolute dream ring is like the pic below. It is the one Fatguy got for his GF. It is just stunning!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

my dream ring101001.jpg

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the thread I started a little while ago about rings

fun with rings

BTW Nebe, LOVE that Tacori....I think Mommabear has it here on PS?

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll repost my dream ring... I equally love the WINNIE/FATGUY and the MMM!
1.gif
I''d be happy with either!

marktMMM1456.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, the ring has been purchased so I finally decided on my dream ring, but just for fun I'm going to post ALL of the dream rings that I had, started with the real deal first. Poor FF--he dealt with many costume changes along the way!

Our budget was 15K, give or take a bit.

I will be getting (hopefully soon!) a cushion solitaire on a shared prong eternity band with 2 pointers. Aw, heck, I'll post the pic AGAIN. This is a picture of my actual diamond sitting on top of a setting:
(eeeeeeh!!!!)

THESETPS3.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we started the process of looking, this was my dream ring:
(I can''t remember the PSer who posted this, sorry!)

THEPERFECTRING!.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
But then I decided I would tire of the colored stone and the halo, and I fell in love with this Leon Mege beauty:

perfectsolitaire2lm.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, but then I figured that wouldn''t look as delicious with a cushion (and wanting a cushion cut was the only constant thing about my taste during this whole search) so I ended up falling in love with the first ring I posted. BUT, only after I entertained the idea of having the Rosebud setting for a while:

dimendscaasirosebud.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is so funny--now that I look at the evolution of my dream ring, it''s as if I started with the halo and then slowly pushed it down the diamond until it completely disappeared!

The thing is, once we found the cushion and I saw it in person, I realized I wanted that baby to shine all by itself! Now I''m even more anxious to get that ring! Ahhhhh!

Everyone''s dream rings are absolutely beautiful--we have some GREAT taste, if I may say so myself!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
Ok, this is fun... I will play. Here is my dream ring. My parents have already given my FF a 1.5 ct. RB that was my grandmothers and then my aunt''s who passed away and I cannot wait to have that special family stone in my ring. Since he was given the stone, FF said we could go "all out" on the setting... So, this is my dream setting!!!

ring smaller.jpg

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Look at all this sparkly gorgeousness!!! I just know though that I'd be too hard on that kind of setting. I'd lose the melee for sure and be very upset. I've decided a simple solitaire is probably best for me, and then I'll save up to buy myself a selection of bling-a-licious-ness for my right hand!

So my favourite was the MWM Flame but I always wondered was the band a little chunky looking compared to the Sunburst. But then he came out with this!!!
30.gif

torchiere5438672943876.JPG

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
My head is swimming with images of e rings... there are so many breathtakingly beeautiful pieces out there!

Our budget is *unknown* to me - but it's not huge. I'm not a stickler for perfection (today) but I want what I want and I don't want a meager ring. Right now I'm leaning towards going with an antique, rather than building a ring.

I've been alternating obsessed over Asschers, ECs, ovals, halos... but this morning I'm loving this from Single Stone:

1.20 HVS2 OLD EUROPEAN PLAT CIRCA 1920C

1.20_HVS21.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
and this...

1.52 HSI2 OLD EUROPEAN PLAT CIRCA 1920

1.52_HSI2_OLD_1.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is my dream ring. The budget is around 3k (we''re poor college students) and it''s an ajaffe setting.

ring2543523.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
here''s the more professional side shot from ajaffe.

ring222222222.jpg

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 8:43:34 AM
Author: Delster
Look at all this sparkly gorgeousness!!! I just know though that I''d be too hard on that kind of setting. I''d lose the melee for sure and be very upset. I''ve decided a simple solitaire is probably best for me, and then I''ll save up to buy myself a selection of bling-a-licious-ness for my right hand!

So my favourite was the MWM Flame but I always wondered was the band a little chunky looking compared to the Sunburst. But then he came out with this!!!
30.gif

Ooooh Delster, I LOVE that ring!!
30.gif
The combo of yellow gold and plat is beauteeeeful!!!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
You''re all hoping on some knock out rings!!

I hope you all get what you want!
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:52:23 PM
Author: Ninama
and this...

Holy moly! That is GORGEOUS!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anything Leon in a cushion or oval or emerald cut! I LOVE his rings.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 3:56:50 PM
Author: poshpepper
Date: 8/31/2007 12:52:23 PM

Author: Ninama

and this...

Holy moly! That is GORGEOUS!!!

I''m crazy about it at the moment!

My first engagement ring was so charming. It cost under $1000. Okay. Under $900... It was a very small (about .20) bright white, sparkly diamond - bezel set in solid 24K gold. It looked like something recovered from an ancient lost treasure and it was incredibly heavy, held in the hand. After a few years wear, the band conformed to the shape of my finger. I''m not even a yellow gold person but do I like 24K. It came from a small jewelry shop in Greenwich Village called "Ouch".

I love these rings because of their "hand wrought-ness".

1.52_HSI2_OEC_2.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ringplease (love your name!) that is a GORGEOUS ring! Wherever did you find it?

Alienor

Rough_Rock
I do not have a budget as it is.
I told my boyfriend that i don''t want it to spend a huge amount of money on a ring at this point in time. He has student loans/credit card to pay and we want to move in a house soon.
As an accountant, i can''t let him spend so much money on a ring.
I''d rather him buy me a beautiful ring later in life. All i want is him.

Just wanted to say it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alienor--Hopefully one day your BF will have his finances in order (i.e. he''ll be out of debt) and then you can play along! But don''t tell me you don''t have ANY dream rings--you are, after all, a PSer! Come on, dig out those dream ring pics and do share!

I do commend you on your decision, though--if we had any kind of debt at all I would see a large ring budget as a poor choice. However, it''s all relative, and what is a "huge amount of money" to you may seem small to another couple. I think it''s wonderful when couples can find a ring that suits their particular budget, income, and lifestyle. One of my favorite things about PS is that we all come from very different backgrounds and have very different means, and thus a large assortment of gorgeous jewelry to share that suits our varied budgets.

My BF and I live far below our means, which means that we have all sorts of extra funds to put toward large purchases every now and then, and of course MY guilty pleasure is jewelry!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous dream rings, ladies!

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 1:48:22 AM
Author: Haven
Alienor--Hopefully one day your BF will have his finances in order (i.e. he'll be out of debt) and then you can play along! But don't tell me you don't have ANY dream rings--you are, after all, a PSer! Come on, dig out those dream ring pics and do share!

I do commend you on your decision, though--if we had any kind of debt at all I would see a large ring budget as a poor choice. However, it's all relative, and what is a 'huge amount of money' to you may seem small to another couple. I think it's wonderful when couples can find a ring that suits their particular budget, income, and lifestyle. One of my favorite things about PS is that we all come from very different backgrounds and have very different means, and thus a large assortment of gorgeous jewelry to share that suits our varied budgets.

My BF and I live far below our means, which means that we have all sorts of extra funds to put toward large purchases every now and then, and of course MY guilty pleasure is jewelry!

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous dream rings, ladies!

Thank you. It was nice of you to say. I know that he will splurge on a ring anyway lol. :)

41.gif

I love most of the rings of Leon Mege but this is my favorite: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/data/media/19/r379-000Ww.jpg
But my boyfriend doesn't like the setting.
I would like anything with a gorgeous cognac diamond or a yellow diamond(but this would probably be an upgrade
9.gif
).

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to this one, which has calla sidestones (and I haven't been able to find a similar setting anywhere other than this one vendor that carries this particular ring, although it says he's an authorized dealer so I guess there are more out there somewhere!).

I haven't seen callas in person, but I love the floral sort of image they present, and I've heard they sparkle like crazy. I think it's just so pretty, but I don't think we'll have the money for a setting like that.

calsidestonering.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I was also in Tiffany & Co. just yesterday, and fell in love with the smaller Legacy rings. The big ones--I don''t know why, but I didn''t like the look of them, but the smaller ones were so dainty and simply lovely. I think my fingers are too big (ring size 8.5/9) to pull off something like that, but they really looked elegant and classy sitting there in the case, sparkling their little hearts out.
1.gif

I tried to find a smallish Legacy on Google, but only found big ones. So, imagine this one with a center stone about 2/3 the size:

tiffcolegring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results