shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s worth waiting for - my engagement story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Worthwaitingfor2700

Rough_Rock
I''m a long-time lurker on this board who has a few words of encouragement for all of the ladies. My now fiance and I have been together for 3.5 years. I have known that he was "the one" since nearly the beginning of our relationship, so you can imagine how many times I felt miserable that he wasn''t ready. I guess we girls tend to "know" whether the guy we are with is the "one" pretty early on and we want to make it official as soon as possible. Gotta love those guys that have no sense of urgency and no desire to marry right off the bat.
I have to admit, I have the greatest guy in the world. There is nothing he would not do for me and for those he cares for. Unfortunately, he would never get serious about getting married, even after we moved in together, and blamed by questioning on the fact that my friends were all getting married. A little over six months ago, my fiance''s friend got engaged and my fiance started to get more into going shopping for rings. Even though he was making gestures, I was getting more sick inside at the thought that even though our relationship was wonderful, he was unprepared to move it along. After my cousin and my friend each got engaged in a period of a few weeks, I blew my lid and gave him a show which I now cringe at. I told him that I didn''t understand why, when our relationship was so much stronger than their''s, I was still waiting for him.
By the time my birthday rolled around, I had a big surprise coming. My fiance announced that he was going to take me on a surprise trip. He told me the dates, but not where. Everyone I knew said "this is it". I held out hope that it was going to happen, but prepared myself for the possibility that it wouldn''t, thinking back on all of those other trips, birthdays, holidays when I had hoped he would make it official.
It wasn''t until we reached our connecting flight that I learned he was taking me on a romantic trip to England. I was sure that it was going to happen on the trip, until I asked my fiance if he had any particular plans for the trip, i.e., any plans that couldn''t be cancelled or changed. I thought for sure this would let me know if he had some grand plan. He answered in the negative, which brought my hopes crashing down. That is, until he made last minute plans one night to go to a fancy hotel in the middle of London for dinner. Well, you know the rest, after dessert came the glasses of champagne. He got down on one knee and, in the most nervous state I have ever seen him in, asked me to marry him. I must have said "yes" loud enough because we got aplause from the wait-staff at the restaurant. The ring is a platinum Jeff Cooper design, which blew me away because he picked it from the options that we had discussed, and frankly, I never told him it was my favorite. He must have known. He said he had been planning for six months, and had a few different spots on the trip in which he would have proposed, if only it would have stopped raining!
So to all the ladies out there, the wait sucks and we all know it. It''s truly special when it happens. And let me tell you, after a few days of being engaged, you get sick of wedding questions already!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your engagement story WWF! How cool that the restaurant applauded you, what a neat story. Now, ahem, where are the ring pics, hee hee!!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is a cool ring! Very beautiful, I love the side stones, are those invisible set princesses? I have those in my WB, I love them because they all sit flush with the metal in the band and it''s very easy to keep clean. Your FI did a great job!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww congatulations!! Im delighted for you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Love the ring...but then again I am biased since I have the same setting without th sidestones (and a cushion instead of a princess). We need handshots!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful - would like some more pics! Congratulations on your engagement!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 4:55:54 PM
Author: fabcrab
congratulations!!!! what a sweet proposal story!
36.gif
Ditto here! Wonderful news.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
i love your prosal story and i love love love LOVE your ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement. Your ring is very pretty.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!! The ring is beautiful!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results