shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduction- New LIW

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Greetings fellow LIW! I''ve been lurking on this forum for an embarassingly long time... and finally decided to join in the fun! I''ve been with my BF for four years now, bought a condo together a year and a half ago, and now I''m just... waiting. He actually has THE ring (shhh! doesn''t know that I know!), and skipped all sorts of lovely opportunities to propose recently. I decided to go ahead and start posting here after we had a lovely date day on Saturday when I just knew he was going to ask me! We spent the afternoon browsing our favorite book store, went ice skating under our city Christmas tree, and then dressed up for a really expensive steak dinner out, then.... bed.

I don''t want to rush him, but also really, really, really want that beauty on my finger! I will NOT tell him I found out about the ring, which was a total accident. Have to say, it''s been lovely reading the postings of others in my exact same position!

Have a great week, ladies! Hope none of us are here too much longer!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
First - Welcome.
Second - What a snot! That''s so cool you know. So how many times have you gotten the ''oh my gosh could this be it right now'' jitters?

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Your story is so sweet. I hope to hear more in the next posts. It sounds like he is really waiting for ***THE PREFECT MOMENT*** which can make you go "ugh". Although frustrating as it may be, you seem to have a positive outlook and you understand that he will make it special. :)

It''s so great to have you on here now and I too want to give you a big:

Diamondwelcome.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif
I''m sure that he has something great planned for the proposal!

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
There have been a couple of really funny moments! The week after I found out about his purchase we were getting ready to go to the gym; I was on the couch waiting for him to finish changing clothes. He walked into the living room, got onto one knee in front of me, and...

PROCEEDED TO TIE MY SHOE FOR ME!
38.gif

I''ve been ''almost'' proposed to about a dozen times already, by my count. Hopefully the real one will be next!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes-A-Be!! This guy knows exactly how to mess with a LIW!! haha I also LOVE your story telling ability. The whle lead up and NOTHNG is cracking me up!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 6:32:46 PM
Author: This_Is_Amore
There have been a couple of really funny moments! The week after I found out about his purchase we were getting ready to go to the gym; I was on the couch waiting for him to finish changing clothes. He walked into the living room, got onto one knee in front of me, and...

38.gif

I''ve been ''almost'' proposed to about a dozen times already, by my count. Hopefully the real one will be next!
Hahahhaaaaa...that totally cracked me up....i remember the days of almost proposed to...lol
9.gif

ktdid

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Amore!!

That is hilarious that you know about the ring! I would be in a constant state of jitters knowing he had it! And I was dying when I read about the shoe tying scene
9.gif

Hope it''s not too long before you post about your engagement and we can see your ring
36.gif

INdmbLove

Shiny_Rock
That''s so funny that you found the ring- do you ever sneak a peak? I don''t know that I could have much self control to stay away from it when he was gone.... Maybe that is why my BF never gives me any hints and often tries to ''throw me off the trail'' when he has something up his sleeve????.... haha

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 6:32:46 PM

38.gif

Oh my goodness
9.gif
!!!

BF and I were in Paris a few years ago, at the time we were together two and a half years and all my co-workers then were teasing like crazy about how he''d pop the question while we were there. Two of them had been proposed to there, on the top of the Eiffel Tower. They even teased poor BF about it! So, while we were at the top of the Eiffel Tower, BF dropped to one knee and started acting all fumbly and serious. I actually told him "no!" and reversed and tried to run away - he had to grab my hands and hold me there! Then he asked me, reeeal slooowly, "Delster, will... you... be... my... ... ... girlfriend forever?" That memory makes me smile so much every time I think of it
1.gif

Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif
Sounds like your proposal is coming real soon! Go get a magic manicure! Cook some engagement chicken! Woo!
36.gif

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of the welcomes! I''m trying REALLY hard not to sneak a peak at the ring when I''m home alone- but I want it to be a surprise! We''ll see how long my self-control can hold out
17.gif

Now who has that recipe for engagement chicken?

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 11:26:37 AM
Thanks for all of the welcomes! I''m trying REALLY hard not to sneak a peak at the ring when I''m home alone- but I want it to be a surprise! We''ll see how long my self-control can hold out
17.gif

Now who has that recipe for engagement chicken?
Man I wish I knew how to cook! Is there such a thing as engagement carry-out?

This_Is_Amore

Rough_Rock
I''m totally making the engagement chicken recipe on Thursday... and will let you know what happens! Thanks for sharing that link, Delster!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Amore!! You''re joining a great group of ladies.
36.gif

And also, I think I mentioned this before, if the chicken doesn''t do it (or you don''t want to attempt to cook a chicken, like designchica, this recipe may be for you: Rachael Ray''s "You Won''t Be Single For Long" Vodka Cream Pasta. My BF *loves* the stuff, and it''s so easy!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 1:29:46 PM
Author: rubybeth
Welcome, Amore!! You''re joining a great group of ladies.
36.gif

And also, I think I mentioned this before, if the chicken doesn''t do it (or you don''t want to attempt to cook a chicken, like designchica, this recipe may be for you: Rachael Ray''s ''You Won''t Be Single For Long'' Vodka Cream Pasta. My BF *loves* the stuff, and it''s so easy!

Yumm!! Yumm!! Thank you Ruby for the food idea!!

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
This is Amore, is there any chance that your bf knows that you found the ring? It sounds like he''s trying to mess with your head! :) Maybe trying to get you back for snooping by dragging it out..... Or maybe he knows you saw it and wants it to be a complete surprise, so by doing loads of romantic things and not proposing he thinks you might stop expecting it and then he will jump in? Just my thoughts!! Don''t even think they make sense, but oh well!

Maybe your proposal will be AMAZING and blow all these build up romantic days out of the water!

Really excited for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results