shape
carat
color
clarity

Intro...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slangofoil

Rough_Rock
Trade
Ok, I asked to be added to list, so I''m still waiting on that, but I can''t wait to post my introduction!
1.gif

My boyfriend and I are currently long-distance. He''s in Ireland and I''m in the US. We''ve been together for almost 4 and a half years. We met while I was on a semester study abroad in Ireland and have been together since. I went back to Ireland to do a masters and was there for almost two years, but due to the economy and needing to find a stable job I came back to the US, leaving him behind to do his last year of college.

I won''t be on the LIW list long. I know when the proposal is coming, lol. I''m going over there for his brother''s wedding at the end of March and it''s going to happen then. Basically, we decided together that we''re going to get married so he can move to the US and we can be together permanently (finally!). We discussed the immigration options, and this is really the only way. Of course we already knew we wanted to marry each other so it''s not like this is a major change in plans. It just means that the engagement isn''t as spontaneous and romantic as we''d like, and we''ll have to have a simple courthouse wedding initially before we can save up the money to have a big wedding with all of our family and friends.

Additionally, I have a well-paying full-time job, while he''s a full-time student and only works part-time in a nightclub right now. So he''s poor and can''t afford to get me a ring. That''s ok. I''ve gone and bought the ring for myself, but he''ll still do the proper proposal and give the ring to me. Do I wish it could be different? I suppose. But in fairness I''m very very picky, so in any case I would have to be intimately involved in picking out the ring in order to make sure I was satisfied, so really, this kinda works out for us. And he can buy me some wonderful present once we get him over here and he gets a good job.
31.gif

Anyway I''m so happy to be getting engaged to him. He''s amazing and we''re great together. So while this won''t be the most "traditional" engagement it''s ok because we love each other and we''re going through a lot in order to be together. Now if only I could get myself to stop putting on the ring all the time! The wait until I can wear it all the time and talk about our engagement is killing me!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to LIW!!! May your stay be short and sweet!!!

I wish you the very best when it comes to your pending proposal!! My FI and I were long distance as well so I know how you feel about the whole situation. Most of my friends are all in some sort of LDR as well and most of happy and going strong! So, good luck next month!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results