shape
carat
color
clarity

IMHO..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
In light of the previous thread high jacking, I decided to start a new topic. I''ll do my best not to beat a dead horse. As far as I know, most of us are in the same boat, and if not were at least in the same boat before. We''re all here for the same reason which is to offer advice and to support each other. I enjoy coming on Pricescope every day and reading all the advice and great news everyone has to offer. I get excited for those with good news of engagements or progress, and get sad when others are going through tough times.

Therefore, it upset me greatly to come on here one day and see that ladies were feuding all due to some miscommunication. When I come on here all that I expect is that the other ladies will listen to what I have to say with open ears, answer posts honestly and show respect when it is due. I think we all do our best to answer each other''s questions with honesty and regard to that person''s feelings, but sometimes the truth hurts. You can''t blame someone for being honest; you did ask a question didn''t you? You make the choice whether you read what the other person said and take it to heart, or don''t. If someone did happen to offend you and they hurt your feelings, then that is fine, but don''t hijack someone else''s topic in order to voice your opinion on someone else''s actions. It totally takes away from what that person was trying to ask and puts the focus on you. I find that rude and downright disrespectful.

The bottom line is, respect each other''s opinions whether you agree with them or not. This is not a forum to pick fights and cut down other people. If that''s what you''re here for, then I suggest you try The Knot forum. If you have an issue with someone, then tackle that issue with them privately. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. I know this doesn''t apply to everyone, but I just felt like putting my feelings out there. I know I''m not perfect, but I hope that I''ve never offended anyone here and if I have then I apologize now.
On a different note..hopefully all of you ladies are having a fabulous hump day. Hoping to see some engagements this weekend!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Nicely said Cosmo!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
man... what did i miss... been busy with school havent had much time to read posts...but well said cosmo!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Link and another thread that was deleted...

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Very well said Cosmo! I was actually reading the thread in question yesterday but I decided not to post in there because a) it would be yet another thread high jacking and b) I''d be immediately added to the "bitter ones" club (a great company IMHO!
3.gif
)

Anyway, I think all PS-ers deserve honesty and respect. And when these two are present no one should feel offended by the opinions stated that differ his own point of view. And if someone still does, then the problem is NOT in the people who answered his question.

Wish you all a wonderful day!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you cosmo, but I think we should leave it.

She didn''t mean to come off the way she did, I don''t think, and she has said that she wants to drop it. I think we all should do that.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 8:06:08 AM
Author: bobbin
I agree with you cosmo, but I think we should leave it.

She didn''t mean to come off the way she did, I don''t think, and she has said that she wants to drop it. I think we all should do that.

ITA! Thanks, Bobbin

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 11:40:02 PM
Author:Cosmo_Gal

...This is not a forum to pick fights and cut down other people. If that''s what you''re here for, then I suggest you try The Knot forum. If you have an issue with someone, then tackle that issue with them privately.

I just thought I''d point out that for people who have "issues", there isn''t a way to tackle them "privately" on PS. There is no email or private messaging.
2.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Just popping in to say that catching up is exhausting!!!
26.gif
26.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:40:58 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Just popping in to say that catching up is exhausting!!!
26.gif
26.gif
DITTO!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 10:05:25 AM
Author: purrfectpear

Date: 10/22/2008 11:40:02 PM
Author:Cosmo_Gal

...This is not a forum to pick fights and cut down other people. If that''s what you''re here for, then I suggest you try The Knot forum. If you have an issue with someone, then tackle that issue with them privately.

I just thought I''d point out that for people who have ''issues'', there isn''t a way to tackle them ''privately'' on PS. There is no email or private messaging.
2.gif
Nope. All out in the open here!

But this is the INTERNET! For goodness sakes. There should be no "issues".

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
It seems all has been said and done. Time to move on.

Love to all on PS!
slider_grouphugg.gif

prettylnpink419

Shiny_Rock
Okay seriously...this is getting old. Can''t we just have all of these negative posts deleted and not mention it anymore? Each time someone replies to one of these posts it is really just fueling the fire instead of letting it drop b/c then more and more people feel the need to post their opinions on the subject. What has been said was said...enough said.

Can''t we all just get along?
35.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to put this link out there of another PS topic that I LOVE!!! I think it''s pretty relevant in light of recent posts.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/remember-our-roots-why-did-ya-join.93699/

I like to look at it every so often...I love what it says...and I love reading how others respond
9.gif

P.S. I don''t know if this link will work...if not, you can find the topic in Hangout....It''s called something along the lines of "Remember our roots and why we''re here"

Love you all!!!
***HUGS***

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
The reason for posting this was not to continue the situation, but to address the issue of respect. From reading the posts I didn''t get the idea that the person got the point. Believe me, I don''t really want to continue on the negativity. That was the purpose of writing what I did. I didn''t write this to be negative or bash anyone. I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. This forum is my happy place, as I know it is for a lot of other ladies. Just want to see it stay that way.
9.gif

Cosmo_Gal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AMS! That is a great topic.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 11:26:15 AM
Author: prettylnpink419
Okay seriously...this is getting old.
It actually isn''t. It''s a subject that is visited many, many times on PS. Then we all move on and learn and joke about those "old" arguments and then a few months later it happens again (and mind you, I''ve only been here a few months myself).

Such is life...life on the internet that is
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 11:49:27 AM
Author: fieryred33143

Date: 10/23/2008 11:26:15 AM
Author: prettylnpink419
Okay seriously...this is getting old.
It actually isn''t. It''s a subject that is visited many, many times on PS. Then we all move on and learn and joke about those ''old'' arguments and then a few months later it happens again (and mind you, I''ve only been here a few months myself).

Such is life...life on the internet that is
4.gif
A BAJILLION times. Trust me. Which is why I''m an idiot for bothering. But 80% of these posters usually move on (I''ve done a scientific study
3.gif
). The special 20% remain, gain a little perspective, and are the wonderful LIW ladies you see today.
1.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a brillant topic...

However, I think that the issue actually lies less with the person offering advice and more with the person taking it. The internet, e-mail, and even text messages lead people into miscommunications that otherwise wouldn''t exsist.

Words are just words...and its the reader of them that puts the tone behind whatever is being said. Anything can be read in a friendly, up beat manner...or, if the reader chooses, a harsh darker tone. It''s all in how you chose to see it.

But, regardless, I think it''s important to remember that whenever someone replies to a topic you''ve posted that they are taking time out of their day to lend support and give you the best advice they are capable of giving. Maybe it''s not what you want to hear...but life isn''t always rainbows and butterflies either...so, if you''re going to put it out there, you must be prepared to take "it", whatever "it" is.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 12:17:02 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I think this is a brillant topic...

However, I think that the issue actually lies less with the person offering advice and more with the person taking it. The internet, e-mail, and even text messages lead people into miscommunications that otherwise wouldn''t exsist.

Words are just words...and its the reader of them that puts the tone behind whatever is being said. Anything can be read in a friendly, up beat manner...or, if the reader chooses, a harsh darker tone. It''s all in how you chose to see it.

But, regardless, I think it''s important to remember that whenever someone replies to a topic you''ve posted that they are taking time out of their day to lend support and give you the best advice they are capable of giving. Maybe it''s not what you want to hear...but life isn''t always rainbows and butterflies either...so, if you''re going to put it out there, you must be prepared to take ''it'', whatever ''it'' is.

ditto your entire post Italia!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 12:29:20 PM
Author: bee*

However, I think that the issue actually lies less with the person offering advice and more with the person taking it.

Great post Italia.

As for the bolded part...does anybody remember that episode of Friends where Joey makes everything sound sexual? That''s exactly what sprang to mind.

"Grandma''s chicken salad"

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 12:34:18 PM
Author: princesss
Date: 10/23/2008 12:29:20 PM

Author: bee*

However, I think that the issue actually lies less with the person offering advice and more with the person taking it.

Great post Italia.

As for the bolded part...does anybody remember that episode of Friends where Joey makes everything sound sexual? That''s exactly what sprang to mind.

''Grandma''s chicken salad''

PRINCESS - I thought of the same exact thing reading about all this misinterpretation. I must admit though... throwing in certain smileys
20.gif
36.gif
11.gif
21.gif
3.gif
31.gif
makes a little more difficult to freely interpret text in a number of ways...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This topic HAS been visited many times. I have been a member for over two years and I read the forum daily. I don''t post as much as I''d like to because usually if its a matter of opinion someone else does it before I get to it. I do have a point, I promise. There are posters who''s opinion I respect and those that well I just don''t pay attention to. Everyone has different motives for posting what they do and I try and remember that when I ask for an opinion. I do find it frustrating sometimes when I post limited information and I get a lot of oppinions based on assumptions that were made by the responder but that is my fault, not theirs. So, if anyone is feeling like they are being ganged up on...try not to take it personally, that is about all I can say.

I know that the longer that I stay and post on this forum the more information I give for other posters to form an opinion about me. Its limited but I try and remember that when someone makes a judgement based on what a veteran poster says. That''s all I''m saying.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 12:53:47 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
This topic HAS been visited many times. I have been a member for over two years and I read the forum daily. I don't post as much as I'd like to because usually if its a matter of opinion someone else does it before I get to it. I do have a point, I promise. There are posters who's opinion I respect and those that well I just don't pay attention to. Everyone has different motives for posting what they do and I try and remember that when I ask for an opinion. I do find it frustrating sometimes when I post limited information and I get a lot of oppinions based on assumptions that were made by the responder but that is my fault, not theirs. So, if anyone is feeling like they are being ganged up on...try not to take it personally, that is about all I can say.

I know that the longer that I stay and post on this forum the more information I give for other posters to form an opinion about me. Its limited but I try and remember that when someone makes a judgement based on what a veteran poster says. That's all I'm saying.

Well gals, no worries any longer...as I figured some people wouldn't last. People who don't have perspective normally don't. It's totally predictable and as purrfect so correctly said, there is usually a "GBCPS!" They may see themselves as "fighters", but are in actuality just someone with victim mentality and choose to "fight" because they think everyone is OUT TO GET them.

And if a certain someone is still reading, and is interested in see a good example of what a *fighter* is, go check out the thread for Independent Gal in the Hangout section. This is someone who even in the scariest of times can look for the good, find strength within, and still manage a joke or two. And this is a community that DOES care.

The rest of us can continue to enjoy spending time in the PS pen, because I, for one, really enjoy all the ladies here!

1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, TGal, I think that perspective is a wonderful thing. I've been lurking a lot more than I used to, and not to belittle anyone's problems, but when I see someone stressing about getting engaged or about what colors to have at their wedding, I wish that my problems were as simple as that. And then I see Indy, and I can't help but gain some perspective on my situation from what she's going through every single day.

So sometimes I read the LIW board and think about how wonderful it is for these women that their biggest current concern is when their boyfriend is going to propose. And that's a great thing!

Perspective is a fantastic thing, and luckily PS has helped me gain a lot of that.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I''ve been doing the same thing.

I am humbled a lot of the time by the incredible women and men on this board. I''ve seen strength here that I never could imagine having. And I try to learn from it, and hope that if faced with any of the difficult situations that PSers experience, that I would handle it with half the grace and strength I see on here (and Freke, that includes you).

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Amen to everything above from TG, Freke and princess

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2008 4:25:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 10/23/2008 12:53:47 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
This topic HAS been visited many times. I have been a member for over two years and I read the forum daily. I don''t post as much as I''d like to because usually if its a matter of opinion someone else does it before I get to it. I do have a point, I promise. There are posters who''s opinion I respect and those that well I just don''t pay attention to. Everyone has different motives for posting what they do and I try and remember that when I ask for an opinion. I do find it frustrating sometimes when I post limited information and I get a lot of oppinions based on assumptions that were made by the responder but that is my fault, not theirs. So, if anyone is feeling like they are being ganged up on...try not to take it personally, that is about all I can say.

I know that the longer that I stay and post on this forum the more information I give for other posters to form an opinion about me. Its limited but I try and remember that when someone makes a judgement based on what a veteran poster says. That''s all I''m saying.

Well gals, no worries any longer...as I figured some people wouldn''t last. People who don''t have perspective normally don''t. It''s totally predictable and as purrfect so correctly said, there is usually a ''GBCPS!'' They may see themselves as ''fighters'', but are in actuality just someone with victim mentality and choose to ''fight'' because they think everyone is OUT TO GET them.

And if a certain someone is still reading, and is interested in see a good example of what a *fighter* is, go check out the thread for Independent Gal in the Hangout section. This is someone who even in the scariest of times can look for the good, find strength within, and still manage a joke or two. And this is a community that DOES care.

The rest of us can continue to enjoy spending time in the PS pen, because I, for one, really enjoy all the ladies here!

1.gif

I''m confused...I was trying to add some perspective but since you replied to me I''m wondering what you think I as trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results