shape
carat
color
clarity

I''M SO BUMMED...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
hi girls
I know I shouldn''t be upset (I really am blessed to have such a wonderful relationship/our families and friends are currently healthy/happy and hey we just got the cheapest sublet in the West Village), but my BF just called me at work to tell me that our e-ring will not be ready on time. Actually the words were "Leon says it will be done before the end of the month". I sort of went into shock, since he had already confirmed a finish date (this thursday) and I thought things were on track. I was really hoping that the big day would be this weekend. Then I just couldn''t stop the tears (thank god I have my own office)!! I feel like such a baby for getting teary, because in reality I only have to wait another week, but I am SO DISSAPOINTED. This is what I get for counting down the days...but how could I not?? My BF keeps telling people that we are getting engaged...when do we get past the getting engaged stage to finally enjoy the "yes! We''re engaged!" I feel for my BF too, because I know he feels terrible about this delay..but apparently running late is not uncommon when dealing with our jeweler...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Lovey,

HUGS! How terrible for you! I can imagine the anticipation, and now it is a let down. Was there any reason for the fact that it will be delayed? That being said, are you absolutely positive you bf isn''t trying to confuse you somehow? Maybe he wants to surpise you. If not well this is Leon right? So it will be well worth the wait!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Dont feel bad... you are just so excited. Not only is it common with such a popular person as Leon, but most everyone on this board at some point as run into a delay.

My ring was supposed to be done 2 weeks before my FI actually got it. I had been counting down the days, bursting at the seams to tell everyone, only to find out i still would need to wait. And then once he had it, he hung onto it for another 3 weeks!

So just try to relax. And its okay to get upset. Youve just been waiting for the ring and proposal for so long, and you just want to move to that next stage, and this is delaying it a little bit more. But a week isnt bad and hopefully your FI2be wont wait too long to finally ask you!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww!! Hang in there lovey!!

I know from experience that every setback in your perceived progress towards engagement can be heartwrenching and oh-so frustrating! But trust me - the time will fly by if you keep this in mind - Your wonderful boyfriend wants to make you his wife (isn''t that GREAT!!!), and you will be announcing your engagement to this great guy very very soon!! And think about this - he''s so excited about marrying you that he''s telling everybody that you''re getting engaged!!! I bet he''s pretty down about the ring delay too...

So, cry your tears, and when you''re done, think about how great he is and how much your love him! This slight delay will feel like nothing the moment he asks you to marry you! Keep us posted!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
lovey
I know it''s so easy for us to say ''it''s alright'' because our emotions are SO heightened when waiting for anything to do with our engagement, being asked and/or a ring and all of it. I think the girls are right though, it is only a TEMPORARY setback - neither of you are backing out, the ring hasn''t been ruined in some manufacturing disaster, it''s just a matter of adjusting your internal clock.

it''s almost like being pregnant and counting on your due date and then going past it - my sister was hell bent on having her baby by her due date and went a full week over, she was in bits every day - felt that little boy would NEVER arrive .......

for every thing turn, turn, turn
and every season turn, turn, turn
can''t remember the words, turn, turn, turn
deee dee daa daa dum turn, turn, turn

your TURN is SOON .......... it''ll all be worth it

*hugstight*

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Lovey I think he''s just telling you a fib so that he can surprise you! I wouldn''t be surprised at all if you are crossed off the list this weekend!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for the encouragement! Normally, I'm reasonably rational and I was even surprised at my own reaction. But you're right, this is such an emotional time.

Alleycat and Apple- yes I am 100% that he is not trying to throw me off the track because Leon wanted me to call him so he could explain the delay. Of course I am not going to bug him in my current (ie: crazy girl) state of mind.

njc- I know the bursting feeling EXACTLY. Thank you for your kind words.
1.gif
The anticipation is the killer.

jcjd and croi - yes! you are both so right. My BF is such a wonderful person and *sigh* the setback is only temporary.

It is so good that we have our own forum, don't you all agree? I couldn't imagine posting "I'm So Bummed" on Rocky Talky" lol!! Thank you Thank you!
5.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh no lovey! i can TOTALLY understand your disappointment... but at least it''s still coming SOON! i do think i''ve heard that LM can be a bit pokey sometimes, but that is probably true of all of the popular guys- but you know he''s worth the wait! i think luckily for me i will have NO IDEA when my bf orders the ring, and therefore no idea when it will be ready so hopefully i won''t be waiting with too much anticipation.

just think about how beautiful that ring will be on your finger and hopefully that should make you feel better
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Aww
7.gif
how disappointing!! ..But what makes you think he''d give it to you right away anyway? You know for a fact he doesn''t plan to make you squirm for a bit first??
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Awww.. Im sorry LOVEY.. thats sooo dissappointing.. Kind of to be expected though when dealing with Leon.. from what I hear. I was suprised that you even had a "finish" date with him.

Its still really really disappointing though. I know exactly how you feel. You get all excited.. its coming sooo soon.. and then you find out it wont happen.

The end of this month is really not that far away! Hang in there!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Aaawwwwwwwwwww Lovey so sorry... just wanted to give you a

to a little! I agree it''s great to have our own forum woohooo!!!

We all deserve it... cheers to us... thanks to Leonid & Pattty who paged Leonid
and not to forget GG who started one of the new threads "The Official List".

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I just hate it when stuff like that happens!! It will be soooooooooooooooooo worth it though, oh I just can''t wait to see it either!!! My family gives me a hard time on stuff like this, because I''m very methodical and analytical... I research research research, but when I''ve finished all of that and made a decision then I get so incredibly impatient so I can completely empathize. A week can feel like months in this situation!! Well, good luck on the waiting, hopefully the days will fly by and you will be so amazed and inspired by the final product that you will forget all about the delay!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lovey!!!!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

You are so within your rights to be bummed, and I am so sorry you will have the delay....when you finally have your beautiful Leon masterpiece--and from the man of your dreams, no less--these extra days won''t seem too terrible, considering it''s already been a decade!

But I understand, and I''m SO SORRY!!! I would have cried too.

Hang in there!! Maybe get some wedding **** to tide you over?

(((HUGS)))

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Oh lovey! That IS disappointing! But, maybe, like someone said, your bf is pulling a fast one on you. ;-) But, regardless, it will happen soon! At least it''s on its way!
36.gif

I''m sort of bummed too. My bf and I had a great weekend this past weekend and I felt like we talked about some stuff and maybe moved forward just a little bit.... And then my dumb coworker bursts my bubble.
7.gif
I had told him a story about something my bf had said that I didn''t love, but that I didn''t see as negative. Here''s bf and my conversation:

Me: Oh, well [whatever?] will be great for when you move for grad school.
Bf: Well, you''re moving too if we''re engaged right?
M: Well, yes, of course. Is that something you foresee happening?
B: Maybe.

The problem was that it wasn''t a cute "Maybe, I don''t know." It was just matter of fact. Maybe. I was a little disappointed, but I didn''t see it as a bad sign. Well maybe my coworker did -- he walked into my office and said, "So, are you prepared for him to say: I don''t want to get married?" Of course, I said yes -- but inside I was thinking: ummm, no....
23.gif

It was just sort of discouraging! Oh well. Sometimes boys are dumb. (Even ones you aren''t dating.)
19.gif

Don''t worry lovey! It will all come together and be perfect! Plus, maybe the jeweler just wants it to be perfect -- I''d rather he be late and the ring be perfect (although... perfect and on time would be ideal!!
2.gif
)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wcity, don''t give your co-worker''s second-guessing/devil''s advocate stuff another thought!!! Some guys will just give a neutral "maybe" type of answer (my bf has pulled things like that) b/c they might already feel like so much is out of their hands and want some element of surprise or control?? He KNOWS you won''t move w/o a ring, and the way he phrased what he said (I''m paraphrasing)...."you''re moving too if we''re engaged, RIGHT?" In spite of the maybe that followed, he might have been trying to mitigate the obvious signal in the FIRST thing he said...to somehow keep you guessing? And that co-worker is a boy. He doesn''t get it!! If your bf didn''t want to marry you, he wouldn''t say things that insinuated your future as an engaged couple, I think!

And Lovey, I love your attitude about all of the good things you DO have!!!! (And hello, cheap sublet in the W. Village!!! Nice!!)

1.gif

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes it''s so easy to get discouraged! (Especially while PMSing) I should know better than to listen to a dumb boy.
26.gif

Good point Blueroses -- getting a great deal on a place to live is definitely worth celebrating, especially in NYC!!
emotion-19.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

teebee, dodgergurl and icekid..thank you all so much. I felt SO much better after reading through all of your posts. It''s just that everyone keeps asking me "when are you getting engaged" etc and it is starting to stress me out!

HOF- where did you find those cute smileys? So adorable.

Melissa Sue - I''ve been meaning to congratulate you on your fabulous Knot webpage. very nice!!! sigh..yes I''ve hear that Leon takes forever and was also surprised that we had a "confirmed" finish date...hopefully not too much longer.

GG- I don''t think my BF would make me wait more than a few days. I can totally see him WANTING to make me squirm..but I know he won''t be able to wait when he gets the ring in his hand. He''d be too excited.

blueroses- YES! wedding **** is a good idea.
9.gif
Very good way to soothe the savage beast.
2.gif
How is your packing going? Ohmygosh yes, we were very lucky to find our sublet (thank you Craigslist). I love the neighborhood..tons of stuff to do and just far enough away from the diamond district that I won''t get tempted to charge up a pair of asscher studs. yikes!

wcitygirl- i agree with blueroses- DON''T listen to your co-worker regarding that conversation!! But everyone has their .02 so here''s mine...Actually it sounds like you two were "testing" to find out what the other was thinking. That is totally normal..actually if you look at what you said first..the "..will be great when you move to grad school".. would probably put him on the defensive because it sounds to me like you are thinking that you don''t want to go with him. So naturally he would react with an "if we get engaged" statement..because now he thinks..well maybe she''s not interested in moving with me etc.. I could be totally off track here. The point is don''t worry!! (hugs!!)
5.gif

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Lovey, I''m sorry to hear this. Hopefully this is the last hurdle on the road to engagement. Think about how far you''ve come in this process and take comfort that it''s almost here & that it will be stuningly gorgeous. (I''m sure I will need reminding of this if the same happens to me...lol....almost went into a tail spin over the horoscope fiasco).

As someone else mentioned, he could be pulling your leg & trying to surprise you as there really isn''t an element of surprise left since you designed the ring & knew of the delivery date.
36.gif
Either way, keep your chin up. It''s coming girlfriend!

I was also reminded yesterday of how fortunate we all are to have our health. A friend of a friend was laid off last year, had no medical insurance & suffered a stroke in November at the age of 28! He had brain surgery in December and has spent the last month in the hospital recovering. His friends are now holding multiple benefits to help pay for his medical bills & have started a medical bill fund at a local bank. When you hear stories of this, it truly gives us a perspective on things and reminds you how incredibly fortunate we are. Just one person''s perspective....

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Lovey you can download it from smileycentral.com.

I agree with you Noonersmom... thank you for reminding us... sometimes we tend to forget (see the soldiers in Iraq or the tsunami etc...) how lucky we are that we can be with the ones we love... and of course that we are in good health.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Lovey, in another thread you mentioned that you stopped by to see your precious. How does it look? When will it be ready? I believe Leon previously told you the end of the month. I felt bad for you when you were told it wasn''t ready yet. Hope all is going well. :)

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Noonersmom

yessssss. I did manage to sneak a very quick glimpse at the gorgeous precioussssss. lol!

Thanks for asking, everything is fine.
5.gif
LM said it would be finished this week sometime..I am trying not to think about it and just enjoy the suspense. The waiting has changed from agony to a great (but strangely very calming) happiness.

Hopefully this serenity will last for the rest of the week!!!

-lovey

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
serenity now....serenity now....hehe. Lovey, that''s wonderful to hear. Good luck keeping the serenity. It will happen.
9.gif

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
lol! yes, I need to get out my meditation music, sit cross legged on the floor, make circles with thumb and index fingers, close eyes and think of a mantra
ooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
DYING to hear (and see!) what it looks like!! Hooray for the sense of calm. Zen Lovey
2.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting can be a killer, but think of having a Leon Mege creation on your finger - that's worth waiting for in my book.
18.gif

I'd love to see the finished article; when you get time to take pics, of course!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results