shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm officially off the LIW list!!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!! Happy Monday!! :D

It's official- I am no longer a lady in waiting. He officially asked me on Friday afternoon/evening but I still feel like I'm floating! Even though I was totally involved with the ring I didn't expect it to happen so soon. The proposal was very romantic: After work, he took me uptown under the guise of "going out to dinner". It was a little chilly but he suggested we walk a little bit before going to dinner since our reservations were for an hour later. I was starting to get suspicious but thought it would be best to just go with it. He ended up taking me to Riverside park in NYC, and to the same place where Meg Ryan waits for Tom Hanks in You've got Mail (one of my fave movies). By this time I already knew what was going on but was so fidgety and excited. He then put headphones on my ears and ran down the path while I heard the music from that scene play in my ears. At this point, I was truly sobbing and some women were looking at me funny (I think they thought he broke up with me and ran away - haha), but then, timed perfectly with the song, he came walking down the path shouting "Brinkley". At this point I was laughing and crying. He came over, wiped away my tears, and got down on one knee and proposed. Everything after that was a blur. I was so excited that I was nodding my head the whole time and finally said "Yes!". Later, he asked me if I'd said yes- I think it was a blur for him too.

Now on to the ring. I gave its specs before but it really is a stunner! It's an AGS 0 1.32c H/SI2 (ABSOLUTELY EYECLEAN I SWEAR- I'll get into this when I post about my ring in SMTB) HCA score: 0.8 on a WG 4-prong knife's edge setting from James Allen. The setting is really very pretty and simple and the ring fits perfectly- I had absolutely nothing to worry about. ;-)

Here's a pic of the ring- I was having a tough time getting good photo's from my camera so decided to just try again when I got home. Here's a pic from my iPhone from this weekend:

Photo%201.jpg

Thank for all of your support through this time Ladies- you really were all so great!! I will still be visiting LIW whenever I'm on PS but I'm so excited to move on to BWW! Thanks for reading!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and FI did a great job with the proposal. :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The rock looks huge, what size is your finger?

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
oh what a sweet proposal :love: and gorgeous ring too! congrats on your engagement :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, congrats confusedaisy!!!! The ring is stunning :) That story is super adorable, awwwww.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What a beautiful proposal and not too shabby in the ring department, either! I love it!

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, the ring is gorgeous and the proposal sounds adorable.

SparklesLove

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, Daisy!!!! What a sweet proposal, and your ring is beautiful!!! It looks huge on your finger!!! I also like that nail polish color that you decided on!!!

Congrats, again!!! :D

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! That 1.3 looks bigger than same 2.5s! LOL, I find it so funny that you were worried something might be wrong in this simple, classic solitaire. I'm also glad he didn't make you wait long! Personal, and you knew it was coming, but still exciting :appl: :appl: :appl:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
@ mary poppins, blackpaw, wishfuldreamer, blacksand, gummybear- Thanks so much for the congrats ladies!! ;-)

@AMC - Thanks! My ring size is 4.5. Sometimes it looks a little tight on my finger (sometimes I see a tiny bit of muffin top) but it slides on and off pretty easily so I don't think I should have it resized.

@sparkls - thanks! Funny enough- I ended up chipping the polish off my index on my RH Friday morning but thought "Oh, I can just polish up tonight" Thank goodness we put these rings on our left hands!

@ maebelle- Thank you! I originally was looking for a 1.5 but it was a little out of the budget with the specs I wanted. Then we found this diamond and we felt it was such a catch so we snatched it up. When I look at it it looks like the perfect size and not too huge at all, but when I look in the mirror or take a picture I'm always so shocked at how huge it looks!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your proposal story is so sweet and cute, I love it! That rock looks HUGE :love:, very pretty. :appl: :appl:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! Such a sweet story...and what a ROCK! :love: Absolutely gorgeous!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a sweet proposal story, congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful! PS your dog in your av is sooo cute!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What an amazing proposal - wow! (The re-enactment of a scene from a movie is so unique!)
Your ring looks gorgeous and quite substantial on your hand. Fantastic!
:love:

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! :appl: Absolutely BEAUTIFUL ring!!! It does look huge on you! And what a cute proposal story. I love it! :love:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
@ grlsbestfriend and kateydid - thank you- I'm still getting used to it but it does look very balanced on my finger so I'm very happy. :D

@sctsbride - Thanks! She's the only being not very impressed with my engagement. I think she has other priorities - haha :lol:

@hopedream - It's funny that you would say it's unique - when I tell my and his fam and friends about it no one was surprised- it's very much like him.

@wwmd - Thanks! I know the proposal was a bit cheesy but it was so special to me so I'm literally still floating on cloud 9. ::)

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
I love "You've Got Mail" and your ring is beautiful, but my favorite part of the whole story was your thought that people might have been thinking he dumped you and ran away! Hahaha! Congrats!

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
congratulations!! what a sweet proposal, it sounds like it was perfect :) I got a little teary-eyed reading it! Your ring is beautiful and really does look huge on your hand :appl: I'm so excited and happy for you both!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!!! :appl: To reiterate the other LIWs, your ring is absolutely gorgeous and so white! I absolutely love it :love:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
UnluckyTwin|1303163244|2899436 said:
I love "You've Got Mail" and your ring is beautiful, but my favorite part of the whole story was your thought that people might have been thinking he dumped you and ran away! Hahaha! Congrats!

Thank you!! I know- this is his favorite part of the story too! When they saw that he was proposing there was a chorus of "Aww's" and they gathered round and all wanted to see my ring- it was very sweet.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
dandyandi|1303167991|2899488 said:
congratulations!! what a sweet proposal, it sounds like it was perfect :) I got a little teary-eyed reading it! Your ring is beautiful and really does look huge on your hand :appl: I'm so excited and happy for you both!

Aww- thank you! When I tell anyone they all get that same sappy look on their face. The FH is basking in it- he feels he "done good"- haha :D

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen this movie but now you've motivated me to see it since you're proposal was so sweet! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
wwmd8118|1303230819|2900091 said:
I've never seen this movie but now you've motivated me to see it since you're proposal was so sweet! :appl:

The movie is sooooo cute. It's also a fun flash back to dial up modems.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
wwmd8118|1303230819|2900091 said:
If you like romantic movies you have to give it a watch- it's a chick-flick classic!

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock
Oh Daisy! :D I am soooo happy for you.. Your story made me cry. You've got mail is my all time favorite movie too! I could picture it perfectly. I have watched that movie more then I could count.. haha. What a thoughtful/meaningful proposal :) I literally got goosebumps thinking about it... and your ring is GORGEOUS!!!! :love: Congratulations !!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results