shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m hearing wedding bells...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Because I''m ENGAGED to my best friend!!
9.gif

We went on a long bike ride to a state park in the area, biked around a big lake, and stopped under some pretty trees for a fall-time picnic. We ate our food and lounged on the blanket a bit. Then he bonked me on the head (ugh!) and I scolded him... (he was pulling the ring out of his pocket) after apologizing he turned to me and said, "I have to ask you something..." And told me how he loved me and wanted to love me for the rest of my life... And I started crying... Aaaaand he asked, I said yes, etc, etc.

It took a while before I noticed a ring box that was resting on my hand. It''s a gooorgeous round brilliant that''s very sparkly
1.gif
And that''s all I know about it. It''s in a temporary setting- the jeweler has the wax mold ready for the custom setting, but FI (!!!) wanted me to give the ''go ahead'' and approve it before it became the REAL thing. Basically, it''s the Tiffany Legacy ala Round Brilliant stone.
30.gif
EXACTLY what I wanted.

He''s being hasty about telling me the specs of the stone. He doesn''t want me to judge it. All I know is it''s ''G'' color, eye-clean, ''very good'' cut, and no flouresence. I''m guessing it''s a bit above 1 carat. As he said, "It''s a very good diamond but not a perfect diamond"-- And all I have to say is, "WTF! I don''t care! It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!" (But rest assured, I''ll get the stats one way or another) Oooh.. and most importantly, Conflict-Free from Canada!!!
5.gif

But wow. I''m so excited. SO SO excited. I can''t wait to get my real setting and then I''ll post some pics. Being without it will be TORTURE!!!

:sigh: What a great day.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!! cant wait for pics
31.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Sounds like a perfect autumn proposal.

I never thought about getting ''the dirt'' (the specs) from SO. My ring will be a surprise too, I would feel weird asking him but I''ll be SO curious. Not that it matters, of course!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations! What a sweet proposal story
1.gif

Looking forward to pics
2.gif

~SL.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on being off the LIW list so soon! And hooray for your new sparkly! I can''t wait to see pictures. Wishing you and your new FI lots of happiness!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OHMy!!!congrats!!! what a sweet proposal!
30.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see pictures
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait for pics!!!

sugarjo

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! I can''t believe it!!! I am so happy for you!!! 2 Denver girls in one weekend!!!! What a perfect story!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Alright... Here goes my first attempt at pictures. As said earlier: This isn''t my setting... So I don''t have lots of shots from a multitude of angles, but I''ll post a few more once the stone is re-set
30.gif

The rest of our day was great, too! After the picnic we stopped by our friends'' place who live in the same apartment complex. He had a bottle of champagne waiting in their fridge! (Super delicious!) I *attempted* to do class work for the rest of the afternoon, but hardly managed to accomplish anything. In the late evening we got dressed up and drove to Boulder, CO to have dinner at this faaab restaurant called The Flagstaff House. I saw a feature about them on Food Network about two years ago, and have been obsessed every since, and was SO happy to finally go there! Our dinner was AMAZING (I had lamb shank/loin/leg... oy), and they presented us with this sweet heart-shaped plaque made out of sugar, with "Congratulations" written on it in frosting
1.gif
I''ve spontaneously burst into tears about five times since the proposal because I''m just so, so, so elated!

FirstHandShot.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a little pic crazy... Sorry!

On my hands. Which are huge. He originally had them provide the ''average'' place-holder-setting size, and then he found out my hands were a LOT bigger. He stole one of my rings in the middle of the night & took it into the jeweler. It''s a good thing: The original place-holder was a size 6, and I''m just under a size 8. Damn sausage fingers.

MyHandsAreHuge.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Last one :) Until I get the REAL setting, anyway
3.gif
Thanks again, everyone, for all your congratulations!!! This forum has been such a wonderful resource and help. It''s truly fantastic!

Sittingonabook.jpg

Snickerdoodle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! Great proposal story!!!!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow pinky that''s a gorgeous stone - im guessing bigger than one carat too
30.gif
whatever it is its big and will look TDF in a legacy setting!! Congrats on your engagement
36.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
A little add''tl info: Though I''m the only one obsessing over it all, I''m certain ;-) FI spilled the beans about stone specs, but we don''t have the GIA report in our paws yet (gah!) so I don''t have allll the little details. Soon enough, once the setting is done.

1.01ct
G color
SI1
''Very Good'' cut

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! How sweet! Best wishes!!!!

:)
36.gif

megster84

Rough_Rock
Congrats! OMG the ring is gorgeous...so shiny! Love the story and I think it is great that he just couldn''t wait to propose and super considerate he wants your final approval on the setting...sounds like you have a great guy!!!

msee

Rough_Rock
what a sweet proposal!! and your ring is beautiful!
30.gif

congratulations!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! What a cute proposal story...beautiful diamond!! I can''t wait to see it in your setting
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results