shape
carat
color
clarity

I had been doing so good!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So I had been doing very well with keeping LIWitis at bay these past few months. I have been super focused on school and work and simply enjoying mine and SO's time together. Then, we got the call yesterday that another of his cousins is engaged! His cousin is only a few months older than us (but is a year ahead of us in school) and his FI is my age and in the same year of school that I am in. I guess I had really thought that we would be the next to get engaged. So, when I heard that they did, the green-eyed monster in me really came out. I kept it under control and definitely didn't let BF know of my jealousy, but it was still pretty hard.

So, I just wanted to come in here and vent a little bit. I know our engagement is right around the corner. I feel like because I know it will happen so soon, it makes these last few months even harder!

Anyone else having troubles waiting?

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
That is the worst!

How long has his cousin/fi been together? How long have you and your ff been together?

I'm sure your ff knows that you feel a bit of jealousy or awkwardness. My ff feels bad immediately when one of our friends, acquaintances, relatives gets engaged. He is struggling to work and save up for the perfect ring and feels so bad that he can't do it faster.

I, too, am having a difficult time waiting for the finances to all come together so that we can move forward in our relationship. We have been together a little over 5 years and I am beyond frustrated. And while I try hard not to compare my self to others in life because I know we all have our own unique paths and things happen at different times for different reasons b/c we are all working with different set of variables in life. BUT when you are emotional about something, all that logical, rational stuff means nothing. :rolleyes:

In our age group (we are both 30) all of our peers are either already engaged/married, OR they are all getting engaged. I think in the last year, we've known over 10 couples who have been engaged or had weddings. You definitely start to think the universe is against you or something.

Sorry you are feeling the green eyed monster, but I can totally relate!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry your feeling this way :((. I completely understand your emtotions. Two of my cousins (one on each side of the family) just proposed to their girlfriends recently and they're both only 21. Even though I kind of feel like one of them isn't really ready for this (he's only known the girl for 3 months) I'm still feeling jealous. I keep thinking how are they both ready for this next step when me and my BF have been dating over 6 years and he still hasn't proposed. It seems like everywhere I look there are engagements and weddings all around me.

At least you know it's coming soon! Go do something fun to get your mind off of it. :bigsmile:

gemma.in.waiting

Rough_Rock
I know just how you feel! My BF and I have been dating for 3.5 years, and he told me around year 2 after an engagement-related spat that if I didn't get a ring by year 3, then I would have a right to say something. I know he was right, we really did need the time to grow more as a couple (you can read my intro for our story is you like), but it's still frustrating! I'm sure you feel like you two are more than ready, yet other people that are less ready are calling with the "good news."

I also know that my engagement will be soon (I hope!), but I know just how the green-eyed monster feels. :Up_to_something: It also helps to know that your BF wants it as much as you do.

...just breathe and hang in there .

GIW

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results