shape
carat
color
clarity

Horrible, yet also good, weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
It was a long weekend in Australia this past weekend, and it was a horrible and good weekend for me.

It was horrible because, as some of you may know, I brought home a new puppy, which we have named Lucy, on Thursday night. On Saturday, she was showing signs of having a stomach upset, which in the morning I didn''t think too much of because we had accidentally changed her diet. But by Saturday night, she was refusing food and water, and had been lethargic all day. I took her to the vet sunday morning who decided to keep her overnight. I was pretty distraught about this- having a sick little puppy. I also thought it may have been my fault for changing her food. Then on Monday morning, the vet called and said that overnight there had been blood in her stools and that all her symptoms now fit in with canine parvovirus, which if you don''t know the disease, is very serious and can be fatal. I spent most of yesterday crying and feeling hopeless
39.gif

The good part of the weekend was how SO reacted to Lucy going to the vets. He was so supportive, made sure I got loads of hugs and looked after me. He made sure we shared the burden of this news. And he was distraught as well. He can be a bit tight with money, but he assured me that we would spend as much as Lucy needed to get better, because she was a part of our family (yes he said family) and he couldn''t think about not trying to get her better. His love for me, and for our little puppy, really shone through
30.gif

It was so good to see this because as some of you may remember, we had been having a few issues a little while ago and I had felt like all of the stresses in my life, I had to deal with on my own, not together. Now I realise that whenever he can, wheneer he knows how, he will be there for me and support me. He cannot ease the burden of my study etc, but he can ease my burden over something like this, and he will.

This made me feel so much more in love with him again, and really optimistic about our future once more. And like a true LIW, where I had been quite mellow about getting engaged for a while, as soon as I started feeling like this again, I began dreaming of our wedding day
20.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about Lucy
7.gif
I hope that she get better. Good to know your FF was there for you though!

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
(((( Bobbin )))) ((( Lucy ))) I don''t normally post on this board, but I wanted to send you good thoughts about Lucy and her recovery. Parvo is very treatable now and it sounds like it was caught early, if that is indeed the diagnosis. I will keep you both in my thoughts that she will make a full and speedy recovery.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww Im so sorry about that. Poor baby.
7.gif
Im sending my love and thoughts your way.

Im happy that your SO was there for you and giving you the love and support you need.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh the poor little puppy!
15.gif
I hope she gets well soon! On a happier note, it''s great to hear that your SO is so supportive and loving!
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending my wishes to your puppy. I hope that she''ll improve.

babylove

Rough_Rock
AWH!!! Your POOR PUPPY! I''m so sorry to hear she''s sick! I absolutely LOVE puppies (Note my avatar), and my heart just breaks everytime I hear that someone''s pet is really sick
8.gif
8.gif
8.gif
. But, luckily they caught it early and hopefully they will be able to give her lots of meds to make her feel better soon! My dog''s name is Lucy too and we can''t have a fellow Lucy be sick! Keep us posted!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
OH NO! Poor little Lucy. But it''s lovely that your BF has really stepped up to help. It''s so cute that he called it his family! I love that. My BF does something similar with my cats and I think it''s adorable.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
oh hun, i am so sorry to hear about your puppy - i truely hope she gets better real soon!

on the upside, i am glad to hear all the worderful things your so did and said to you! he sounds like a true sweetie.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Hope Lucy gets better. Like Dogmom said, Parvo is treatable if you catch it early enough. When you get her back maybe you can get a few cans of Bland Diet (chicken & rice) for her just so she has an easy time eating etc.

It''s nice to see you have a wonderful FI to help you through this.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry about Lucy. We went through this with a puppy about a year and a half ago. It is HORRIBLE to go through. I wish you all the best of luck, I wish I had encouraging words, but I''ve never seen a pup recover
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your kind words everyone.

The vet called today to say that Lucy is now eating, although she is only keeping down 2/3 of her meals. However, this is a lot better than a few days ago, when she wasn''t eating at all. She appears to be much brighter now too
36.gif

She still has diarrhoea and is still vomitting occasionally, so they have kept her in overnight tonight too.

Hopefully, if she can keep her food down and stop vomitting overnight, she can come home tomorrow. It looks as though she is out of the danger zone now anyway.

We don''t want to bring her home too early, but I am really hanging out to get her back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results